Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Powerlifting & Strength Training

Notices

Powerlifting & Strength Training Topics related to powerlifting and strength training.

Old 02-17-2011, 01:08 AM   #21
Isaku900
Isaku900
has no status.
Wild Iron Gym
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,239, Level: 19 Points: 1,239, Level: 19 Points: 1,239, Level: 19
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Exp: 10+
Training Type: Westside
Fav Exercise: Big 3
Isaku900 has made some very good postsIsaku900 has made some very good postsIsaku900 has made some very good postsIsaku900 has made some very good postsIsaku900 has made some very good postsIsaku900 has made some very good postsIsaku900 has made some very good postsIsaku900 has made some very good postsIsaku900 has made some very good postsIsaku900 has made some very good postsIsaku900 has made some very good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneezingstardust View Post
I suppose I will look into pedialyte then.

In your opinion, what's a reasonable amount to cut in the space of a week for a smaller female such as myself?

If it makes a difference, my carbs are already pretty low. (<40-50g most days)
becky usually cuts from about 131 to 123.

suzanne did a cut from 125 to 114s, but it was really hard on her.

5-7% is pretty easy.
up to 10% can be done but is more difficult the smaller you are.

For instance, I can pretty easily cut 10%, about 30lbs, but I'm a big fat guy, Suzanne's 10% made her feel like shit (though she still hit 50lbs of PRs).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodybygamma View Post
I mean there is a list of low residue foods you can eat, I have a water cutting pdf guide off elitefts, that deals with more extreme water cutting but if its 10lbs or under, a sauna suit and a hot box is all thats really necessary.
honestly, I'd rather stay away from saunas or any kind of heat for a small cut, unless its absolutely necessary. Heat tends to drain a person, whereas with proper salt and water loading/manipulation you can drop upwards of 5% without any heat whatsoever and really...without any effort.

Become a fan of Wild Iron Gym on Facebook:
Isaku900 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2011, 10:40 AM   #22
sneezingstardust
sneezingstardust
fat powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 4,948, Level: 44 Points: 4,948, Level: 44 Points: 4,948, Level: 44
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

My Mood: Cool
sneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributor

Yeah, I didn't really mean cutting the weight over the space of the whole week...I meant with like water manip, salt, etc.

If I can absolutely avoid it, I'd like to stay out of a sauna if I can.

http://www.fortheloveofcookies.wordpress.com

-------

"People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can't find them, make them." - George Bernard Shaw

"Start wide, expand further, and never look back." -Arnold Schwarzenegger
sneezingstardust is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 02-17-2011, 04:15 PM   #23
SWells_TheMachine
SWells_TheMachine
has no status.
New Brawn
Points: 693, Level: 13 Points: 693, Level: 13 Points: 693, Level: 13
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

SWells_TheMachine is off to a good startSWells_TheMachine is off to a good startSWells_TheMachine is off to a good startSWells_TheMachine is off to a good startSWells_TheMachine is off to a good start

I cut 5 pounds the day before weigh ins at the WABDL worlds this past year and it drained me I lifted way below my PR's and I will never cut weight like that again. Next comp is mid April and I have already started my cut of about 1.5 lbs a week.
SWells_TheMachine is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 02-18-2011, 02:03 PM   #24
Isaku900
Isaku900
has no status.
Wild Iron Gym
Uber Brawn

Isaku900 has made some very good postsIsaku900 has made some very good postsIsaku900 has made some very good postsIsaku900 has made some very good postsIsaku900 has made some very good postsIsaku900 has made some very good postsIsaku900 has made some very good postsIsaku900 has made some very good postsIsaku900 has made some very good postsIsaku900 has made some very good postsIsaku900 has made some very good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWells_TheMachine View Post
I cut 5 pounds the day before weigh ins at the WABDL worlds this past year and it drained me I lifted way below my PR's and I will never cut weight like that again. Next comp is mid April and I have already started my cut of about 1.5 lbs a week.
then you didn't do it right, and you're going to be sacrificing training with a caloric surplus for the entirety of your training cycle.

if it works for you good enough I suppose, but there will be guys there coming in up to 10-15% heavy and cutting down to your weight class, doesn't necessarily mean they're going to beat you, but they'll have an advantage.

Share with Facebook
Old 02-18-2011, 04:43 PM   #25
sneezingstardust
sneezingstardust
fat powerlifter
Max Brawn

sneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWells_TheMachine View Post
I would not suggest doing that. You probably just didn't do it right, like Isaku said.

-------

"People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can't find them, make them." - George Bernard Shaw

Share with Facebook
Old 02-18-2011, 11:50 PM   #26
sneezingstardust
sneezingstardust
fat powerlifter
Max Brawn

So my last question is, for salt loading...what is generally a good amount to aim for? I feel that unless I have a general amount to shoot for I'm not going to load enough.

-------

Share with Facebook
Old 02-18-2011, 11:56 PM   #27
Isaku900
Isaku900
has no status.
Wild Iron Gym
Uber Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneezingstardust View Post
So my last question is, for salt loading...what is generally a good amount to aim for? I feel that unless I have a general amount to shoot for I'm not going to load enough.
i do 15,000-18,000mg on the first two days.

Share with Facebook