Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 12-19-2011, 05:02 PM   #881
glwanabe
glwanabe
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 14,731, Level: 78 Points: 14,731, Level: 78 Points: 14,731, Level: 78
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

I find bass and cello to be very interesting instruments. I played cello back in jr. high, but did not appreciate what the instrument offered musically.

I would actually like to have a cello and play again. I even looked into it a few years back.

Let me know if you start looking at basses.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2011, 06:05 PM   #882
Tannhauser
Tannhauser
reads long boring books
Max Brawn
Points: 134,089, Level: 100 Points: 134,089, Level: 100 Points: 134,089, Level: 100
Activity: 26% Activity: 26% Activity: 26%

Training Exp: 30+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Front squat
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
I find bass and cello to be very interesting instruments..
Me too. There's almost no instrument I enjoy listening to more than electric bass, even though I know little about it I and can't play one worth a damn.

I broke out my old Level 42 albums the other day and enjoyed the much-maligned Mark King all over again. I also listened to Jaco on a Joni Mitchell album a few nights back and it blew me away.

Also: you actually picked one of my very favourite Geddy moments with that Freewill instrumental break. Man, that rocks my world.

"The proper study of mankind is books" - Aldous Huxley
Tannhauser is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 12-19-2011, 06:11 PM   #883
glwanabe
glwanabe
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 14,731, Level: 78 Points: 14,731, Level: 78 Points: 14,731, Level: 78
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

I love playing freewill. It is such a fun song to play. Not horribly hard, even the midddle section.

I enjoy jamming Zeppelin as well. I had Standard jazz bass that I kept setup for LZ tunes, but I sold it.

I actually prefer a traditianal jazz as opposed to the geddy. The Geddy is a fine instrument, but There are things I prefer from a 60's model as opposed to the 70's model.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 12-22-2011, 05:26 AM   #884
Chameleon
Chameleon
is loving his family! 2012 will be my most creative year to date! Let's play the groove brother!
Brawn
Points: 1,673, Level: 23 Points: 1,673, Level: 23 Points: 1,673, Level: 23
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 2yrs
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Apple Cider Vinegar
My Mood: Happy
Chameleon is off to a good startChameleon is off to a good startChameleon is off to a good startChameleon is off to a good startChameleon is off to a good start

Bass & Cello are beautiful instruments. Any instrument is beautiful when it's played well. Have you listened to Victor Wooton? He's an amazing bassist who's style is very similar to Jaco Pastorius & in my opinion is a more rounded artist. & then there's the old legend Stanley Clarke, I love what he done with George Duke. I'd send YouTube links but I'm having problems with my connection here atm. Don't know many Cellist's unfortunately...

Exercise related, your workouts are very similar to mine (albeit your #'s are higher than mine) so if you don't mind I'd like to follow your log.

Merry Xmas

RZW
The Mayans never said that 2012 was the end of the world, they said it was the end of the world as we know it. Does this mean the sky will be green & the grass will be blue? Maybe the oceans will turn to beer & the oxygen into marijuana smoke. Or maybe the banking sector will get destroyed & money will therefore be useless, meaning that humans can live as creative individuals with the opportunity to express themselves freely. I truly hope so, as long as I can still play music & lift weights!
Chameleon is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 12-28-2011, 11:08 AM   #885
CLEEPER
CLEEPER
says like NIke "Just do it"
Max Brawn
Points: 5,718, Level: 48 Points: 5,718, Level: 48 Points: 5,718, Level: 48
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 2-3
Training Type: Classic
Fav Exercise: Behind the neck press
Fav Supp: Fusion 7 Protien
My Mood: Amused
CLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beast

How have you been GL? Just checking in, this new phone makes browsing this forum much easier then my last so I'll be around more.
CLEEPER is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook