Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 12-01-2010, 08:36 AM   #1
plap0
plap0
has no status.
Points: 331, Level: 6 Points: 331, Level: 6 Points: 331, Level: 6
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

plap0 is off to a bad start
Default Diet or workout more important?

Whats more important diet or workout? If I workout hard do I have to worry about counting my diet if I eat healthy?

Plz advice.
plap0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2010, 08:43 AM   #2
TitanCT
TitanCT
throwing iron and eating pizza.
Manlet of Malice
Max Brawn
Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

My Mood: Aggressive
TitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master member

diet is the key to all. workouts are great and some routines will work better for your body than others...but diet is King.

Advanced Muscle Science Rep
Learn.Apply.Grow

www.advancedmusclescience.com

ForeRunnerLabs
www.forerunnerlabs.com/

The Lab
www.advancedmusclesciencelab.com//

"Abs on a skinny guy are like big boobs on a fat chick - they don't count." -Shelby Starnes
TitanCT is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 12-01-2010, 09:12 AM   #3
dildobaggins
dildobaggins
is feeling like a legend
New Brawn
Points: 669, Level: 13 Points: 669, Level: 13 Points: 669, Level: 13

dildobaggins is off to a bad start

Quote:
Originally Posted by plap0 View Post
Whats more important diet or workout? If I workout hard do I have to worry about counting my diet if I eat healthy?

Plz advice.
What you eat is way overblown. You just need to eat healthy and eat your protein and you will get big. There's a bodybuilder at my gym who weighs about 250 and he just makes sure to eat protein every 2 hours.
dildobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 12-01-2010, 09:16 AM   #4
Trevor Lane
Trevor Lane
wants to be like Kaz
I am a VIKING!
Max Brawn
Points: 10,420, Level: 67 Points: 10,420, Level: 67 Points: 10,420, Level: 67
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Urban Sniper Champion!
Training Exp: A few
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: T-Bomb II
Trevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beast

I would say they are basically equal. Eat like shit, look like shit, feel like shit. Slack on the work, look like shit, feel like shit.
Trevor Lane is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 12-01-2010, 09:23 AM   #5
glwanabe
glwanabe
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 14,731, Level: 78 Points: 14,731, Level: 78 Points: 14,731, Level: 78

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Here with tonights opposing viewpoint, is Glwanabe.

You can eat a perfect diet all day long , but without any stimulation, you will surely atrophy.

Eat a less than perfect diet, but work your butt off and you will still make progress. Especially if you push for progression.

Obviously, having both in good order is optimal, but if forced to choose, I say exercise.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 12-02-2010, 08:44 AM   #6
bamazav
bamazav
Dog House Training, home of the WalkerDips!Geezers Rule!
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn
Points: 26,377, Level: 97 Points: 26,377, Level: 97 Points: 26,377, Level: 97
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
My Mood: Amazed
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member

It all depends on your goals. If you are trying to lose, I would say diet becomes much more important. It is important to have some sort of plan, as most folks tend to over estimate the cals they eat. If you are gaining, there is more room to play and diet exists more as part of the process. To gain muscle you have to eat big and lift big. To lose and keep muscle you have to eat less and lift big. I personally find the latter a lot harder to manage.
bamazav is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 12-02-2010, 09:27 AM   #7
TitanCT
TitanCT
throwing iron and eating pizza.
Manlet of Malice
Max Brawn
Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

TitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master member

both diet and exercise are important. but diet is the key. it is what causes either a cut or a bulk. some people can bulk on little to no food, some need mass quantities of calories. you need to learn your body.

think of it like this. food is the fire and fuel to keep you going..exercise is the quick flash of spark that ignites the fire.

depending on your body type..esp if you are endo or ecto, eating will feel more like a job than the lifting does.

Advanced Muscle Science Rep
Learn.Apply.Grow

www.advancedmusclescience.com

ForeRunnerLabs
www.forerunnerlabs.com/

The Lab
www.advancedmusclesciencelab.com//

"Abs on a skinny guy are like big boobs on a fat chick - they don't count." -Shelby Starnes
TitanCT is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 12-31-2010, 06:11 AM   #8
Carl1174
Carl1174
is trying to take the first step in a long road back...
Max Brawn
Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77
Activity: 43% Activity: 43% Activity: 43%

Training Exp: 3-4 years
Training Type: Fullbody
My Mood: Bashful
Carl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machine

I have got to agree with Titan... It doesnt matter how much you work your butt off in the gym if the diet isnt there then you wont get results (well you will get some kind of results, but they wont be great). If you aren't eating adequate macros and staying in a positive nitrogen balance through protein consumption then you WILL NOT grow, unless you are in the genetically gifted category, or juicing. If you want to cut, you can cut on any program, with or without cardio as long as diet is spot on IMO.

Routine is important, but diet is KING

Carl.
Carl1174 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 01-22-2011, 04:37 PM   #9
Trevor Ross
Trevor Ross
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 4,170, Level: 41 Points: 4,170, Level: 41 Points: 4,170, Level: 41
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 10 years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Food
My Mood: Cheerful
Trevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributor

Training, Diet, and Rest are equal in importance.
Trevor Ross is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 01-22-2011, 05:01 PM   #10
Brackneyc
Brackneyc
Man 1, food 0
New Brawn
Points: 329, Level: 6 Points: 329, Level: 6 Points: 329, Level: 6
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Training Type: Bodybuilding
Brackneyc is off to a bad start

In my experience, diet is the key. You can see results on any program if the diet and intensity is there.

Don't believe me, eat really bad for a while (I did it for years), train like a madman (did that too) and see how it goes. Then, keep the program where it is, tighten the diet up (by way of a diet log), and see what happens.

It is only my experience, but once I changed my diet, a lot of good things began to happen.

Share with Facebook