Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 11-06-2010, 10:43 AM   #1
unsashamed4Jesus
unsashamed4Jesus
has no status.
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

unsashamed4Jesus is off to a bad start
Angry Training/Diet advice for ignorant begginers

My friend thinks he can get ripped and huge at the same. It's time for winter bulking, anyway. I tell him he cant get bigger and ripped at he same time, that he needs to stick to heavy-ass compound lifts and forget the isolation lifts for mass, to drink whole milk and eat whole eggs (he's scared of cholesterol in eggs and the TASTE in whole milk), to stop doing the routines of pro bodybuilders, and not to believe every "mass building" routine in the mags, one of which he's on. He listens to cousin "Blake", his training partner. He thinks those male fitness models look "huge". Although I'm only 16, I'm much more developed than him and anyone else at school. He's still so stuborn to listen. I tell him to do deadlifts... he doesn't go "as heavy" (he told me he really didn't go heavy). He trains at a pathetic college gym where "Blake" and the college girls train at, instead of our campas gym, where we rock 130-pound dummbells, broken mirrors, loud music, and no distracting women. He really needs to nut up. Got any advice for me to tell him?
unsashamed4Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2010, 10:50 AM   #2
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,540,515, Level: 100 Points: 1,540,515, Level: 100 Points: 1,540,515, Level: 100
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsashamed4Jesus View Post
My friend thinks he can get ripped and huge at the same. It's time for winter bulking, anyway. I tell him he cant get bigger and ripped at he same time, that he needs to stick to heavy-ass compound lifts and forget the isolation lifts for mass, to drink whole milk and eat whole eggs (he's scared of cholesterol in eggs and the TASTE in whole milk), to stop doing the routines of pro bodybuilders, and not to believe every "mass building" routine in the mags, one of which he's on. He listens to cousin "Blake", his training partner. He thinks those male fitness models look "huge". Although I'm only 16, I'm much more developed than him and anyone else at school. He's still so stuborn to listen. I tell him to do deadlifts... he doesn't go "as heavy" (he told me he really didn't go heavy). He trains at a pathetic college gym where "Blake" and the college girls train at, instead of our campas gym, where we rock 130-pound dummbells, broken mirrors, loud music, and no distracting women. He really needs to nut up. Got any advice for me to tell him?
Welcome to the forum.

One thing I've learned is that it's hard to change others with words. My best advice is for you to do the right thing, train hard, grow like a weed, and then he will start listening more. The bigger and stronger you get, the more he will ask questions. If not, he really doesn't have goals that will amount to anything.

In the mean time, get him hooked on progression of weight. Show him quotes or whatever by pros, or videos of Ronnie Coleman moving heavy. Weight. At least if he's moving heavy weight, he might come around, or make gains despite his program.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 11-06-2010, 12:58 PM   #3
Rich Knapp
Rich Knapp
100% Natural Bodybuilder
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn
Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: > 13 years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: AAEFX's whole line.
My Mood: Lurking
Rich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Welcome to the forum.

One thing I've learned is that it's hard to change others with words. My best advice is for you to do the right thing, train hard, grow like a weed, and then he will start listening more. The bigger and stronger you get, the more he will ask questions. If not, he really doesn't have goals that will amount to anything.

In the mean time, get him hooked on progression of weight. Show him quotes or whatever by pros, or videos of Ronnie Coleman moving heavy. Weight. At least if he's moving heavy weight, he might come around, or make gains despite his program.
I agree with BTB. You can talk till your blue in the face, or you can do whats right and show him. Then he will lisson. Untill then he sounds like one of the people sucked in by HYPE and Sales talk and won't lisson.

As for you keep the sound mind and grow.
Rich Knapp is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 11-08-2010, 01:52 AM   #4
Bodybygamma
Bodybygamma
No B.S. approach
Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 3+years PL/SM Comps
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: DEATH-LIFT
Fav Supp: Muscle-Juice/MonsterRehab
My Mood: Aggressive
Bodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsashamed4Jesus View Post
He can get ripped and huge at the same time. Its called the Spaghetti and Dbols for Breakfast and Wini V and Ephedrine for Dinner. LMFAO I am just kidding around but that the only way some one is going to achieve that goal.
Bodybygamma is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook