Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 09-11-2010, 06:04 PM   #1
gaspers04
gaspers04
is "Thickneck McBenchpress"
Max Brawn
Points: 16,395, Level: 82 Points: 16,395, Level: 82 Points: 16,395, Level: 82
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 20 yrs.
Training Type: Westside
Fav Exercise: All of Them! Bench, hehe.
Fav Supp: Food
My Mood: Brooding
gaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master member

Default DMSO

My former training partner, an old time power lifter, turned me on to this. Yes I am aware of what it is, but mixed with aspercreame it sure got me through my r/c tear. Been thinking of using it again for a nagging trap strain. Any thoughts?

Supplements
M & S's Isofuel Chocolate, MGN's Dextrose,Universal's Beef Aminos and AAEFX's Kre-Alkalyn.
gaspers04 is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2010, 07:00 PM   #2
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,354,670, Level: 100 Points: 1,354,670, Level: 100 Points: 1,354,670, Level: 100
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Never heard of it. Have a link to it at all?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 09-11-2010, 07:09 PM   #3
gaspers04
gaspers04
Max Brawn

gaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master member

its horse liniment ...lol

DMSO: Many Uses, Much Controversy

Supplements
M & S's Isofuel Chocolate, MGN's Dextrose,Universal's Beef Aminos and AAEFX's Kre-Alkalyn.

Share with Facebook
Old 09-12-2010, 12:26 AM   #4
Marc
Marc
TV.
[][]----------[][]
Uber Brawn
Points: 2,463, Level: 30 Points: 2,463, Level: 30 Points: 2,463, Level: 30
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

My Mood: A Hole
Marc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributor

We use Horse Liniment at the gym, Blue bottle and a pink bottle, stuff is like icy hot on steriods times 20. Works amazing.

My boss has some stuff that him and a few of his buddies have been using for the past couple years, its vet grade supposed to be good for joints. They use it pn race horses I guess, he has used it with seemingly great results and no side affects, just gives himself injections. Says its been studied over and over and more people use it in Europe right now, but that none of it is approved for human use nor are there plans to do so. Could this be the same stuff? He says its the best thing he has ever used, I thought he was just nuts. I will have to get the exact name of the stuff.

Last edited by Marc; 09-12-2010 at 12:36 AM.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 09-12-2010, 07:57 AM   #5
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,354,670, Level: 100 Points: 1,354,670, Level: 100 Points: 1,354,670, Level: 100
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

It seems from what I've read that there is a lot of odd paranoia over DMSO, some of it seemingly unfounded. I did find this more balanced article...

Quote:
What is the evidence?

Tests of DMSO for treating human illness began in the mid-1960s but were stopped because of questions of safety, mainly dealing with a possible ability to cause damage to the eye. Early research did not find that DMSO was useful in the treatment of cancer. However, more recent research in rats has shown that DMSO may deserve further study as a drug carrier to enhance the effectiveness of some chemotherapy drugs for the treatment of bladder cancer.

In a 1988 laboratory study, the addition of 4% DMSO to the chemotherapy drugs most often used in the bladder did not kill more cancer cells. However, animal studies done since that time have found that adding DMSO to some chemotherapy drugs helped the bladder to absorb them better. Further studies are needed to learn whether the results apply to humans.

DMSO is a common chemical used in the laboratory. Small amounts of DMSO are sometimes used to dissolve drugs and other chemicals that do not dissolve well in water, so that these substances can be tested in animals or in experiments with cells growing in laboratory dishes. However, in those cases, it is the drug, not DMSO, that acts in the body. DMSO is sometimes used in laboratory studies to help cancer cells mature and/or differentiate (to acquire some characteristics of noncancerous cells). This is one reason that is used to support DMSO as an anti-cancer agent. However, the concentrations typically used in the laboratory would be highly toxic or even fatal to a human. Some researches have continued laboratory studies to understand how high concentrations of DMSO might influence characteristics of cancer cells. In a 2007 review, the scientists describe how their laboratory studies of DMSO led to discovery of another substance that turned out to be useful as a chemotherapy drug and has already been approved by the FDA.

Research has shown that DMSO appears to have some effect in reducing pain, swelling, and inflammation, as well as some other properties that may make it useful in treating certain conditions. More testing is needed to show it is safe and effective for these uses in people.

DMSO is approved by the FDA to treat a single type of bladder disorder (interstitial cystitis) in humans and as a veterinary treatment to reduce swelling in horses and dogs.
Are there any possible problems or complications?
This substance may not have been thoroughly tested to find out how it interacts with medicines, foods, or dietary supplements. Even though some reports of interactions and harmful effects may be published, full studies of interactions and effects are not often available. Because of these limitations, any information on ill effects and interactions below should be considered incomplete.

Early clinical trials with DMSO were stopped because of questions about its safety, especially its ability to harm the eye. The most commonly reported side effects include headaches and burning and itching on contact with the skin. It can also cause a powerful garlic-like taste and odor on the breath and skin. Strong allergic reactions have been reported. In high concentrations, DMSO can be fatal to humans. Industrial-grade DMSO is sometimes contaminated with other substances. DMSO can cause contaminants, toxins, and medicines to be absorbed through the skin, which may cause unexpected effects.

DMSO is thought to increase the effects of blood thinners, steroids, heart medicines, sedatives, and other drugs. In some cases this could be harmful or dangerous. Be sure to tell your doctor or pharmacist about all herbs and supplements you are taking, including DMSO.

Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding should not use this treatment. Relying on this type of treatment alone and avoiding or delaying conventional medical care for cancer may have serious health consequences.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 09-12-2010, 08:39 AM   #6
gaspers04
gaspers04
Max Brawn

Thanks Steve.

Supplements

Share with Facebook