Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 08-28-2010, 10:10 PM   #1
Trevor Lane
Trevor Lane
wants to be like Kaz
I am a VIKING!
Max Brawn
Points: 10,249, Level: 67 Points: 10,249, Level: 67 Points: 10,249, Level: 67
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Urban Sniper Champion!
Training Exp: A few
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: T-Bomb II
My Mood: Aggressive
Trevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beast
Default Raw milk, and why I might buy some goats!

So, I've been researching raw milk after reading on some other sites: Arthur's Viking Forum • View topic - Raw Milk vs. Standard Milk... and http://www.chaosandpain.com/content/...fat-****-third about how awesome it is, and about how
nutritonally worthless commercial milk is. I've found some retarted things about laws in regards to raw dairies. In my state, similar to many other states, you have to buy a share in a dairy to get raw milk from them. Reagardless of whether it's a goat or cow dairy, the price is generally ****ing outrageous: $30-50 one time fee for the share, then $30-40/month boarding & feeding fee per share, all to entitle you to 1 gallon a week per share! What really annoys me about this, is that it's actually cheaper to produce raw milk because you don't need the facilities and supplies for pasteurization, homogenization, or chemical/vegetable oil fortifying. ****ing gay. I shouild see about buying my own goats. I live outside city limit so it may not even be illegal. Get me a ram and a ewe and just kill the babies for meat and keep milking the momma.
Trevor Lane is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2010, 10:54 PM   #2
Trevor Lane
Trevor Lane
wants to be like Kaz
I am a VIKING!
Max Brawn

Urban Sniper Champion!
Trevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beast

Just to really out this in perspective... the monthly price of GOMAD as it was really designed to be done, cleanly with raw milk, would be a one time fee of $210-$350 followed by $210-$280 monthly just for milk, this isn't any other food and does not take into account anyone else consuming milk in your household. What a shame that a real, perfect food can be rendered basically inaccessible to the general public.

Share with Facebook
Old 08-29-2010, 06:41 AM   #3
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,474,642, Level: 100 Points: 1,474,642, Level: 100 Points: 1,474,642, Level: 100
Activity: 43% Activity: 43% Activity: 43%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

That share program thing really sucks. I was searching out of curiosity, and found a ton of place in Colorado. But they all said the same thing...share, share, share program. $40 for a gallon isn't worth it unless you're Bill Gates.

You guys have a pen or fenced in area? I'm also wondering how much milk they produce a week?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 08-29-2010 at 06:44 AM.
BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 08-29-2010, 06:14 PM   #4
Trevor Lane
Trevor Lane
wants to be like Kaz
I am a VIKING!
Max Brawn

Urban Sniper Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
That share program thing really sucks. I was searching out of curiosity, and found a ton of place in Colorado. But they all said the same thing...share, share, share program. $40 for a gallon isn't worth it unless you're Bill Gates.

You guys have a pen or fenced in area? I'm also wondering how much milk they produce a week?
No pen. I'm in a residential area, just not inside the limits of Colorado Springs, so city laws don't apply just county & state laws. I have no idea what you can get from a goat in terms of gallons a week. It also appears that you should give them the winter off from milking and allow them to raise their babies for their health.

Share with Facebook