Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Training Resources > Appreciation Threads

Notices

Appreciation Threads Lifter Appreciation Threads. Contains resources, pictures, workouts, videos and articles on specific lifters.

Old 05-16-2011, 04:58 PM   #351
Francisco
Francisco
has no status.
Uber Brawn
Points: 8,331, Level: 61 Points: 8,331, Level: 61 Points: 8,331, Level: 61
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Francisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by andys_trim View Post
Killer workout Francisco!! Way to crush it!
thanks andy! trying to do my best with these bad knees LOL!

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2011, 04:58 PM   #352
Francisco
Francisco
has no status.
Uber Brawn

Francisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributor

today i open a magazine and i was surprised to find an article about strenght imbalances...the article states and confirms what i posted a several weeks ago about why i now use fat bars to train my arms to prevent injury and activate more muscle fibers. Bellow is what i read today in the article

"Strenght imbalances can cause major problems, and a common one is the lack of grip strenght". " Improving grip strenght can relieve chronic elbow pain while creating new arm muscle gains"

Share with Facebook
Old 05-17-2011, 08:34 PM   #353
espm1000
espm1000
has no status.
Manlet on Fire
Brawn
Points: 2,382, Level: 29 Points: 2,382, Level: 29 Points: 2,382, Level: 29
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 2+
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Barbell Row
My Mood: Inspired
espm1000 has made some good postsespm1000 has made some good postsespm1000 has made some good postsespm1000 has made some good postsespm1000 has made some good postsespm1000 has made some good postsespm1000 has made some good postsespm1000 has made some good postsespm1000 has made some good postsespm1000 has made some good postsespm1000 has made some good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
today i open a magazine and i was surprised to find an article about strenght imbalances...the article states and confirms what i posted a several weeks ago about why i now use fat bars to train my arms to prevent injury and activate more muscle fibers. Bellow is what i read today in the article

"Strenght imbalances can cause major problems, and a common one is the lack of grip strenght". " Improving grip strenght can relieve chronic elbow pain while creating new arm muscle gains"
It's awesome that you posted this because I made a conscious decision to ditch straps and the use of alternate grips on certain exercises in an attempt to improve grip strength.

Do you typically stick with a Chest/Back, Shoulders/Arms, and Legs split, or do you utilize other methods of training as well? If so, what is the frequency like? I can already see you are pretty high volume.

Last edited by espm1000; 05-17-2011 at 08:37 PM.
espm1000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 05-19-2011, 08:50 PM   #354
Francisco
Francisco
has no status.
Uber Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by espm1000 View Post
It's awesome that you posted this because I made a conscious decision to ditch straps and the use of alternate grips on certain exercises in an attempt to improve grip strength.

Do you typically stick with a Chest/Back, Shoulders/Arms, and Legs split, or do you utilize other methods of training as well? If so, what is the frequency like? I can already see you are pretty high volume.
I am glad that the info about the imbalances help you As far as your other question, yes i stick to that split...it works for me. But once every 3-4 months i like to try new things for a few months at a time.

I love frequency & volume and no matter what split i am using i try to hit each mucle at least 2/wk. As far as volume my workouts last about 2 hrs. I hope this helps

Share with Facebook
Old 05-19-2011, 09:17 PM   #355
espm1000
espm1000
has no status.
Manlet on Fire
Brawn
Points: 2,382, Level: 29 Points: 2,382, Level: 29 Points: 2,382, Level: 29
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 2+
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Barbell Row
My Mood: Inspired
espm1000 has made some good postsespm1000 has made some good postsespm1000 has made some good postsespm1000 has made some good postsespm1000 has made some good postsespm1000 has made some good postsespm1000 has made some good postsespm1000 has made some good postsespm1000 has made some good postsespm1000 has made some good postsespm1000 has made some good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
I am glad that the info about the imbalances help you As far as your other question, yes i stick to that split...it works for me. But once every 3-4 months i like to try new things for a few months at a time.

I love frequency & volume and no matter what split i am using i try to hit each mucle at least 2/wk. As far as volume my workouts last about 2 hrs. I hope this helps
Great work, Francisco! I'm hoping to work up to that recovery ability some day! Right now I feel gassed after only 45 minutes to an hour. I'm definitely going to follow this log closely.
espm1000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 05-20-2011, 12:04 PM   #356
Francisco
Francisco
has no status.
Uber Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by espm1000 View Post
Great work, Francisco! I'm hoping to work up to that recovery ability some day! Right now I feel gassed after only 45 minutes to an hour. I'm definitely going to follow this log closely.
You can do it bro! as a matter of fact everybody can...the trick is to increase the volume slowly overtime and dont be worried about overtraining...because overtraining is overrated. "most people are undertrained"

Share with Facebook
Old 05-20-2011, 01:52 PM   #357
Carl1174
Carl1174
is trying to take the first step in a long road back...
Max Brawn
Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77
Activity: 43% Activity: 43% Activity: 43%

Training Exp: 3-4 years
Training Type: Fullbody
My Mood: Bashful
Carl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machine

dayum you are a machine my friend...

Carl.
Carl1174 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 05-20-2011, 05:16 PM   #358
Francisco
Francisco
has no status.
Uber Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl1174 View Post
dayum you are a machine my friend...

Carl.
I try to do my best brother thanks

Share with Facebook
Old 05-20-2011, 05:16 PM   #359
Francisco
Francisco
has no status.
Uber Brawn

NEW WAY TO SQuat - MId-Range MOTION

Now that my knees are bothering me i have been trying to find new ways to hit my legs hard and save my knees. To make the story short last week I tested mid-rage squats and next day i was so sore that it was crazy! By midrange i mean not going all the way up at every rep...so the quads muscles are always in constant tension until the set is over

There is an important concept called Leght-tension relatioship. In summary it states that muscles have the lowest potential to generate force when they are either fully stretched or fully contracted. They generate the highest possible force in the middle halfway through the range of motion. and The more force you generate in this midrange, the more motor units you recruit...!!!!

This method is not gonna let me cheat and/or increase the weight too fast but its gonna trash my leg muscles without putting to much streess on my knees.

Later guys

Share with Facebook
Old 05-24-2011, 10:19 AM   #360
Francisco
Francisco
has no status.
Uber Brawn

Upper Body today

1. HS High row
worked my way up to 5pl/side x 5 reps

2. HS Horiz Row
Worked my way up to 5pl/side x 5 reps

3. Close Grip pulldwns
200 x 12 x 3 sets

4. DB Incline bench press
110 x 5
110 x 5
110 x 5

5. HS Press
2pl/side x 10 x 3 sets

6. Machine Flyes
3 sets x 15 reps

7. One arm DB high pull + press
75's x 5 x 3 sets

8. REar Delt
3 sets x 15

9. Side Laterals
3 sets x 15

10. Bis Curls
3 sets x 10-12

11. Tris ext
3 sets x 10-12

Cardio 25 mins

Finally an offseason pic....Working hard to keep this conditioning before my diet starts

Share with Facebook