Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 08-16-2010, 08:30 AM   #1
KatCali85
KatCali85
has no status.
Brawn
Points: 2,082, Level: 27 Points: 2,082, Level: 27 Points: 2,082, Level: 27
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

My Mood: Amazed
KatCali85 is off to a bad start
Default Women and bulking

I am not going to lie, I do not want to get fat. How do women add muscle without bulking and gaining a lot of fat?

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2010, 09:48 AM   #2
gaspers04
gaspers04
is "Thickneck McBenchpress"
Max Brawn
Points: 16,404, Level: 82 Points: 16,404, Level: 82 Points: 16,404, Level: 82
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Training Exp: 20 yrs.
Training Type: Westside
Fav Exercise: All of Them! Bench, hehe.
Fav Supp: Food
My Mood: Brooding
gaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master member

I would assume just as men do, maybe less calories. Clean and lean diet with plenty of protein. Does the 1-2gr of protein per pound of body weight apply to women? Maybe I should just be quiet and let on of the fit and knowledgeable women answer this...lol

Supplements
M & S's Isofuel Chocolate, MGN's Dextrose,Universal's Beef Aminos and AAEFX's Kre-Alkalyn.
gaspers04 is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 08-16-2010, 10:09 AM   #3
ElementalVirago
ElementalVirago
is fucking fear in the scaredy hole.
Resident Poop Doctor
Max Brawn
Points: 4,413, Level: 42 Points: 4,413, Level: 42 Points: 4,413, Level: 42
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Lard
My Mood: Yeehaw
ElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaspers04 View Post
I would assume just as men do, maybe less calories. Clean and lean diet with plenty of protein. Does the 1-2gr of protein per pound of body weight apply to women? Maybe I should just be quiet and let on of the fit and knowledgeable women answer this...lol
^^This.

"If someone tells you something is easy and they can't explain how to do it, it's not easy." --Steve Shaw

ElementalVirago is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 08-16-2010, 11:22 AM   #4
Violent Volume
Violent Volume
is a pork chop
Brawn
Points: 2,991, Level: 33 Points: 2,991, Level: 33 Points: 2,991, Level: 33

Tournaments Won: 1

Violent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good posts

You're not going to gain much fat if you are eating clean most of the time and exercising.
Violent Volume is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 08-16-2010, 01:29 PM   #5
dmaipa
dmaipa
focused and ready
Living in the Shadows
Max Brawn
Points: 12,319, Level: 72 Points: 12,319, Level: 72 Points: 12,319, Level: 72
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: Food
My Mood: Inspired
dmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machine

im with everyone who replied. Females don't have enough testosterone in order to build the bulkiness that guys can. I think i've read a research where women have around 10 times less testosterone than men. Testosterone being know to increase protein synthesis and muscle size shows that women shouldn't need to worry about bulking up as men would when they do serious strength training.

THE AIPA PROJECT | HAWAII FITNESS AND AWESOME KU LIFESTYLE BLOG

Youtube Channel: THE AIPA PROJECT

Twitter, Instagram, Facebook: @theaipaproject
dmaipa is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 08-17-2010, 01:07 AM   #6
Kpettitt
Kpettitt
has no status.
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Brawn
Points: 2,298, Level: 28 Points: 2,298, Level: 28 Points: 2,298, Level: 28

My Mood: Cheeky
Kpettitt is a consistent contributorKpettitt is a consistent contributorKpettitt is a consistent contributorKpettitt is a consistent contributorKpettitt is a consistent contributorKpettitt is a consistent contributorKpettitt is a consistent contributorKpettitt is a consistent contributorKpettitt is a consistent contributorKpettitt is a consistent contributorKpettitt is a consistent contributor

Lift heavy... eat smart! you want to add about 500 calories above your 'maintenance' level for calories. I'm attaching a spreadsheet that will help you calibrate that if you don't know it already. Add calories slowly so you can monitor the weight gain. Add 100 calories every 2-3 wks. If you gain too much fat, cut back- if you not adding any muscle gains- add more! The harder you are working out the more hungry you will be

http://www.karacooks.com/share/Calculations.xls

don't be afraid- your clothes WILL get tighter- your definition WILL fade some... but you can always cut back down afterwards and you will look even better!!! so good luck and have fun eating!
My comments have not been evaluated by the FDA, do not constitute medical advice, and are not official or authorized comments by Anabolic Addiction, LLC.
kpettitt@anabolicaddiction.net
Kpettitt is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 08-17-2010, 07:51 AM   #7
sneezingstardust
sneezingstardust
fat powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 4,948, Level: 44 Points: 4,948, Level: 44 Points: 4,948, Level: 44
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

My Mood: Cool
sneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributor

Lift very heavy, and eat good food. I don't think you need 500 cals over your maintenance at all. Most women don't. Around 200 calories over your maintenance on a consistent basis coupled with a smart training program will help you add muscle very slowly, with bare minimum fat gain.

If you're doing any type of cardio though, don't be scared to knock the calories up a bit to make up for the extra expenditure. Forget the scale, just go by look and feel, and if you think you're gaining weight way too fast, back off a bit (but be realistic as well, you HAVE to accept SOME fat gain, even if just a little).

Women can only build muscle so fast. It's all about time, hard work, and consistency.

As K said...have fun eating! EAT YOUR STEAK, MISSY!

http://www.fortheloveofcookies.wordpress.com

-------

"People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can't find them, make them." - George Bernard Shaw

"Start wide, expand further, and never look back." -Arnold Schwarzenegger
sneezingstardust is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook