Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 08-11-2010, 07:50 AM   #11
Dynasty
Dynasty
the determined
The Irish One
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,235, Level: 19 Points: 1,235, Level: 19 Points: 1,235, Level: 19
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

My Mood: Cheerful
Dynasty is a consistent contributorDynasty is a consistent contributorDynasty is a consistent contributorDynasty is a consistent contributorDynasty is a consistent contributorDynasty is a consistent contributorDynasty is a consistent contributorDynasty is a consistent contributorDynasty is a consistent contributorDynasty is a consistent contributorDynasty is a consistent contributor

Hmm be a few km you'd be talking about for each training session twice a week. I want to get into sprinting but I don't think I can just 'leap' into that yet since Im only starting out. You'd do a few km on the treadmill anyway, but difference is your out in the open with other runners of all different abilities, the heat, the breeze, damn it can be tough.

Typically what I did yesterday at my first session was:
3 laps of a soccer pitch as a warm-up
2 laps of a soccer pitch as a cooldown (after the main training)

Now for the main training (the track is 400m):

800m running, 400m jogging
800m running, 400m jogging
400m running, 400m jogging

That's what we did yesterday. You are allowed a quick refreshment of water after your jog, your talking a few seconds break really and back at it again. Now since that was my first training, I dunno if they always do that on track or what, he says they do different things and during winter usually its road runs etc.

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2010, 10:24 AM   #12
Trevor Lane
Trevor Lane
wants to be like Kaz
I am a VIKING!
Max Brawn
Points: 10,271, Level: 67 Points: 10,271, Level: 67 Points: 10,271, Level: 67
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Urban Sniper Champion!
Training Exp: A few
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: T-Bomb II
My Mood: Aggressive
Trevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc View Post
Disagree, my Mother has been a runner all her life and my Father is a triathlete, still competetive at age 56... Been doing them since before i was born and I am 22, he ran alot even before then too. Both are in great shape, no joint issues what so ever. So the OP has literally nothing to worry aobut in my opinion, especially for the kind of running he is doing.
Ask your parents how easy it is for them to get out of bed. I know of no runner in advanced age (50s+) who can immediately put weight on their feet in the morning. If your folks can, then good on them they're the exception, not the rule.
Trevor Lane is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 08-11-2010, 10:31 AM   #13
ElementalVirago
ElementalVirago
is fucking fear in the scaredy hole.
Resident Poop Doctor
Max Brawn
Points: 4,413, Level: 42 Points: 4,413, Level: 42 Points: 4,413, Level: 42
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Lard
My Mood: Yeehaw
ElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor Lane View Post
Ask your parents how easy it is for them to get out of bed. I know of no runner in advanced age (50s+) who can immediately put weight on their feet in the morning. If your folks can, then good on them they're the exception, not the rule.
Maybe, but I'll bet they'll be getting out of that bed a few years longer than non-runners.

"If someone tells you something is easy and they can't explain how to do it, it's not easy." --Steve Shaw

ElementalVirago is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 08-11-2010, 11:42 AM   #14
Marc
Marc
TV.
[][]----------[][]
Uber Brawn
Points: 2,463, Level: 30 Points: 2,463, Level: 30 Points: 2,463, Level: 30
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

My Mood: A Hole
Marc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElementalVirago View Post
Maybe, but I'll bet they'll be getting out of that bed a few years longer than non-runners.
They act about 15 years younger than they are, maybe they are freaks of nature but then again growing up around them and all of their friends who do similar things, I don't know of any of them that are having reprecutions and they all still are very active. Hopefully some of it is genetics though and I wont have any joint issues!

Share with Facebook
Old 08-11-2010, 01:52 PM   #15
dmaipa
dmaipa
focused and ready
Living in the Shadows
Max Brawn
Points: 12,684, Level: 73 Points: 12,684, Level: 73 Points: 12,684, Level: 73

Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: Food
My Mood: Inspired
dmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machine

Dynasty, IMO since you are bulking you just mainly have to make sure you are taking in an excess amount of calories. From looking at what you did and that your rest was just getting a quick drink and small conversation. Your running training looks like it was long distance intervals. How hard are you running? are they at a pretty fast pace? is it timed? and did you lift weights that day? This is all important because if you are really looking to seriously add some bulk you have to watch your EPOC (Excess Post-excercise oxygen consumption).

Also, like others are saying you have to watch your recovery. After a pretty intense running like that, it takes your body a couple days in order to fully recover from it. Hopefully the second running day is more of a slow steady state and can be used as a recovery from the preceding running session. It's hard to tell someone not to do something they enjoy doing. But there is a lot of factors that play in to the goal you want to achieve.

All in all, I'll tell you to stay hydrated, make sure on tuesdays and thursdays you eat like a frickin beast ESPECIALLY if you are also weighting training on those days It seems like its a good group of people that you are running with too. Hope this helps, best of luck.

THE AIPA PROJECT | HAWAII FITNESS AND AWESOME KU LIFESTYLE BLOG

Youtube Channel: THE AIPA PROJECT

Twitter, Instagram, Facebook: @theaipaproject
dmaipa is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 08-11-2010, 05:30 PM   #16
Dynasty
Dynasty
the determined
The Irish One
Uber Brawn

Dynasty is a consistent contributorDynasty is a consistent contributorDynasty is a consistent contributorDynasty is a consistent contributorDynasty is a consistent contributorDynasty is a consistent contributorDynasty is a consistent contributorDynasty is a consistent contributorDynasty is a consistent contributorDynasty is a consistent contributorDynasty is a consistent contributor

Thanks Dmaipa! I am lifting on those days currently (not working legs however). My coach says to do a slow paced jog on the day after training, my bro seems to reckon its a recovery run to get blood flowing into my legs or something like that. I am trying to eat like an animal when I can hehe I am not sure what tomorrows running will bring as he didn't give any indication, but he said we'll try something different. But I am trying to eat anyway lol, more so than ever, hard but ya.... They say you shouldn't eat 2 hours before running so I am going to try get out of gym a little earlier or go a little earlier etc and get in a meal after it, besides just a protein shake etc.

The running club is one of the tops in Ireland and definately where I live, my coach is a former Olympian and other stuff, its also where 1 of our female athletes trained from her beginnings and came 2nd in this years European games 2 weeks ago, so it does have a good reputation.

Share with Facebook
Old 08-11-2010, 05:46 PM   #17
dmaipa
dmaipa
focused and ready
Living in the Shadows
Max Brawn
Points: 12,684, Level: 73 Points: 12,684, Level: 73 Points: 12,684, Level: 73

Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: Food
My Mood: Inspired
dmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machine

glad i could help in some way...just eat like a beast. Also, how others mentioned its going to be hard on your joints, how much do you weigh anyways? I dont think you need to worry about it.

THE AIPA PROJECT | HAWAII FITNESS AND AWESOME KU LIFESTYLE BLOG

Youtube Channel: THE AIPA PROJECT

Twitter, Instagram, Facebook: @theaipaproject
dmaipa is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 08-12-2010, 05:48 PM   #18
Dynasty
Dynasty
the determined
The Irish One
Uber Brawn

Im approx 72kg now which which is about 158 pounds. In Jan or so I'll be cutting so it be 'easier' I guess on my joints. And I'd be cutting a good 20pounds off me I guess in 5-6months. Or that's the current plan

Share with Facebook