Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 07-26-2009, 07:45 PM   #1
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,350,219, Level: 100 Points: 1,350,219, Level: 100 Points: 1,350,219, Level: 100
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default Dangerous Training Techniques

What training techniques do you consider dangerous...and why?

I believe that speed (explosive) work is dangerous for older lifters because of the risk of tears and strains.

I believe high intensity work is dangerous for beginners because they do not know the lifts well enough.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2009, 01:30 AM   #2
BRaWNy
BRaWNy
is training for Muscle and Force Development
Pain Master
Max Brawn
Points: 3,850, Level: 39 Points: 3,850, Level: 39 Points: 3,850, Level: 39
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Mahjong XY Champion!Tournaments Won: 2

Training Exp: ~20 years
Fav Exercise: Snatch High Pull
Fav Supp: Fish-oils
My Mood: Lonely
BRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributor

I think the danger depends on the level, condition, training backround etc of each person and how he uses it, and not exactly on each training technique it self.

As MaB said, "I believe high intensity work is dangerous for beginners...", it is not necessary the high intensity technique thats dangerous, but the level etc of the beginner etc, because he is not able to handle this kind of techniques etc.
But there always exceptions for anything.

I agree with this above, but I don't agree with the explosive work for older lifters etc.
I think it is a matter how someone uses something and what training base someone has or achieved etc, and I believe with explosive work the danger (if there is any, with bad using etc) is the same at every age.

Too many "etc" in my post, but I think you get my point
BRaWNy is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 07-27-2009, 05:16 AM   #3
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,350,219, Level: 100 Points: 1,350,219, Level: 100 Points: 1,350,219, Level: 100
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

My main concern with speed work is the threat to the shoulders on the bench press. But I'm sure an experienced trainee knows how to handle speed work much better.

I started playing with speed benches at age 39, but they always scared me.

And I agree about exceptions for beginners and high intensity work. A general statement is generally weak, but in this case, I don't believe most newbs should be doing anything but lifting more on the basics lifts...so I generalized

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 07-27-2009 at 05:26 AM.
BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook