Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 06-23-2010, 12:33 PM   #1
ElementalVirago
ElementalVirago
is fucking fear in the scaredy hole.
Resident Poop Doctor
Max Brawn
Points: 4,413, Level: 42 Points: 4,413, Level: 42 Points: 4,413, Level: 42
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Lard
My Mood: Yeehaw
ElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machine
Default EV Diet and Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Anti had enough Epistane to make my mom hulk out
Not to change the subject or anything, but I'm intrigued by this Epi stuff. Is it for women too? I Googled it a bit and got conflicting info. One site said it's totally safe for women, but then again, the cigarette companies will swear on a stack of bibles that their product is safe even for kids.

"If someone tells you something is easy and they can't explain how to do it, it's not easy." --Steve Shaw

ElementalVirago is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2010, 12:52 PM   #2
ElementalVirago
ElementalVirago
Resident Poop Doctor
Max Brawn

ElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallmeKing View Post
Are you looking to compete in bodybuilding?
Um, I honestly don't really want to go to those extremes. I assume that most female bodybuilders are juiced on 'roids and I'm not willing to destroy myself for that. I'd be more inclined to to figure competitions but I am having a lot of trouble getting my body fat % down so I'm just kind of stuck. Just looking for a little extra edge to help me lose some of that and get a little more mass. I don't want to be a freak, but I wouldn't mind it if I were ripped enough to make people go .

"If someone tells you something is easy and they can't explain how to do it, it's not easy." --Steve Shaw

Share with Facebook
Old 06-23-2010, 01:58 PM   #3
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,545,593, Level: 100 Points: 1,545,593, Level: 100 Points: 1,545,593, Level: 100
Activity: 51% Activity: 51% Activity: 51%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

EV...do you currently push yourself on sets, as in always trying to do more reps and beat what you did previously?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 06-23-2010, 02:09 PM   #4
ElementalVirago
ElementalVirago
Resident Poop Doctor
Max Brawn

Steve - I'd like to *think* I do. I keep track of my workouts so I can make sure that I try to progress and lift more than I did previously. Maybe I don't push myself enough, though. I mean, I dunno. I tend to think that if I had a trainer that knew what I could do and was yelling at me or something I might lift more than I thought I could.

jslep - I would *like* to compete, but I'm sure it's just a pipe dream. I researched it a little once and it sounds like you have to invest a lot of $ into it...supps, a decent trainer, costumes, etc. I hardly have enough cash to feed my weekly egg habit. Fail.

Share with Facebook
Old 06-23-2010, 02:17 PM   #5
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,545,593, Level: 100 Points: 1,545,593, Level: 100 Points: 1,545,593, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElementalVirago View Post
Steve - I'd like to *think* I do. I keep track of my workouts so I can make sure that I try to progress and lift more than I did previously. Maybe I don't push myself enough, though. I mean, I dunno. I tend to think that if I had a trainer that knew what I could do and was yelling at me or something I might lift more than I thought I could.
As long as you are trying to progress, all is well. That's usually the biggest issue, and the question I like to ask first. I hope you don't mind my questions...trying to figure out if there are any holes in your approach, so to speak...

How is your daily protein intake?

Share with Facebook
Old 06-23-2010, 03:05 PM   #6
ElementalVirago
ElementalVirago
Resident Poop Doctor
Max Brawn

Quote:
As long as you are trying to progress, all is well. That's usually the biggest issue, and the question I like to ask first. I hope you don't mind my questions...trying to figure out if there are any holes in your approach, so to speak...

How is your daily protein intake?
No no, please...ask away. I need all the help I can get!

I'm getting about 130-140 g of protein right now, which is probably still not enough at my weight.

Share with Facebook
Old 06-23-2010, 04:00 PM   #7
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElementalVirago View Post
No no, please...ask away. I need all the help I can get!

I'm getting about 130-140 g of protein right now, which is probably still not enough at my weight.
You're doing good EV. You have your workouts rocking and your protein solid. I think any issues you are having right now are purely diet related.

You ever think about aiming for a contest? I know several women that would help you with diet...

Share with Facebook
Old 06-23-2010, 04:31 PM   #8
ElementalVirago
ElementalVirago
Resident Poop Doctor
Max Brawn

Quote:
You're doing good EV. You have your workouts rocking and your protein solid. I think any issues you are having right now are purely diet related.

You ever think about aiming for a contest? I know several women that would help you with diet...
I think it has to be diet related too. I just can't figure out where. I've tried eating less, and eating more. I've tried low carb and carb cycling. I've tried thermogenics. I eat better than anyone else I know and I keep gaining weight. Now that I'm off the Lipo 6 Black caps I'm eating everything in sight. Literally.

Yes I really did consider aiming for a contest earlier in the year but because of the barriers listed earlier, I chucked it. Maybe it was a little of "there's no way I could look like that" thrown in there, but mostly it was the money issue. I read that you have to hire a trainer that is knowledgable in contest prep and I'm sure that comes with a hefty price.

Share with Facebook
Old 06-23-2010, 05:06 PM   #9
rippednmichigan
rippednmichigan
robert@flexfitnessandnutrition.com
Social Media Manager/REP
Max Brawn
Points: 22,927, Level: 93 Points: 22,927, Level: 93 Points: 22,927, Level: 93

Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: EFX K-Otic Orange Ambush
My Mood: Daring
rippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beast

I think you should seperate the threads and start a new one for EV BTB, what do you think? You can keep here I don't care, but with all the garbage in the begining of this thread and the title, I think it would be good.
User owns 3x $30 I\'ll Pump You Up cash User owns 1x $20 I\'ll Pump You Up cash
rippednmichigan is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 06-23-2010, 05:08 PM   #10
ElementalVirago
ElementalVirago
Resident Poop Doctor
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippednmichigan View Post
I think you should seperate the threads and start a new one for EV BTB, what do you think? You can keep here I don't care, but with all the garbage in the begining of this thread and the title, I think it would be good.
Was thinkin' the same thing. Sorry for clutterin' up the lulz.

Share with Facebook