Dynasty
Dynasty
the determined
The Irish One
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,235, Level: 19 Points: 1,235, Level: 19 Points: 1,235, Level: 19
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

My Mood: Cheerful
Dynasty is a consistent contributorDynasty is a consistent contributorDynasty is a consistent contributorDynasty is a consistent contributorDynasty is a consistent contributorDynasty is a consistent contributorDynasty is a consistent contributorDynasty is a consistent contributorDynasty is a consistent contributorDynasty is a consistent contributorDynasty is a consistent contributor

Monday - June 28 - 2010

Ok today is my 2nd time logging my back day so I guess week 2 of this new routine as offically started. QUEUE THE CELEBRATIONS! CELEBRATE GOOD TIMES! COME ON!!! lol

My Day:

Anyway today was cloudy and raining which was 'good' to see from sweltering weather we have had! I was still sweating like mad though! Lol, guess my workouts have been upped a new level to my body, and last I heard, sweat is a good thing!

Back:

Deadlift:
Ok so according to last week my max weight was 90kg on 1 set. I did 2 warm-ups,1 with bar other listed, then 3 heavies, then another pretty much my 1 max rep, I dunno why I did it... just felt like it. Guess I had energy and said to my body this is what you'll be lifting 5-6 times shortly. I think I'll try the max weight of the previous workout for the 2 heavy sets before I add another few kg to the last of the heavy sets in future, seems good to me... So: previous heavy max heavy set 1, previous heavy max heavy set 2, new heavy max set 3. My PR's will only effect the new PR and not PR on previous sets, if that makes sense, even though the previous sets would of gained in weight. Anyway great start to the workout!

60kgx10, 90kgx6, 90kgx6, 92.5kgx8 (PR), 115x1 (PR)

T-Bar Rows:
Ok my 2nd time doing these and I think I got into the flow with them now. 2 warm up sets , 1 listed and 3 heavies. Previous max was 80kg.

60kgx10, 85x8 (PR), 85x9, (PR) 85x10 (PR)

Bentover Barbell Rows:
My highest is 60kg last week with 1 set. 1 warm-up then 3 heavy.

60x8, 60x8, 62.5x8(PR)

Chin-Ups:
Took these out of my workout routine this week and will keep them out for now.

Biceps:

Hammer Curls:
Added these to the workout routine this week. I want to work on my bicep peak more while bulking so added these in, I like them, they are 'fun' so I added them in again. Just gonna do 1 warm-up and 2 heavier with them from now on. I won't be concentrating on any records with these, they are mainly for 'cosmetic' purposes only.

20kgx8 (each side), 20kgx8 (each side)

Pull-Ups:
Lots of Pull-Ups like last week lol.

BWx12, BWx15, BW+5kg x 8, BW+5kg x 8 (drop set of BW another 4), BWx12, BWx15

I then did small ab work nothing major today with abs. Just had 'time to spare' so I did some exercises.

Conclusion:

Well I'm really happy with todays training! I feel I am getting stronger now that I am doing it properly. Wish I did this a year ago, if only I knew. I'll continue to try smash my records and keep giving it great effort. Without great effort I won't get that killer body I seek for myself. Hope you liked the log. Cheers.

Last edited by Dynasty; 06-28-2010 at 01:20 PM.
Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2010, 01:52 PM   #12
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,480,489, Level: 100 Points: 1,480,489, Level: 100 Points: 1,480,489, Level: 100
Activity: 43% Activity: 43% Activity: 43%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Great workout! PR city. Effort always pays off.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 06-28-2010, 02:16 PM   #13
Dynasty
Dynasty
the determined
The Irish One
Uber Brawn

Dynasty is a consistent contributorDynasty is a consistent contributorDynasty is a consistent contributorDynasty is a consistent contributorDynasty is a consistent contributorDynasty is a consistent contributorDynasty is a consistent contributorDynasty is a consistent contributorDynasty is a consistent contributorDynasty is a consistent contributorDynasty is a consistent contributor

Cheers BtB Cant wait to see what my lifts will be like in months to come

Share with Facebook
Old 06-28-2010, 02:21 PM   #14
big_swede
big_swede
Strongman
Max Brawn
Points: 33,365, Level: 100 Points: 33,365, Level: 100 Points: 33,365, Level: 100
Activity: 21% Activity: 21% Activity: 21%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
My Mood: Yeehaw
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Great w/o man and congrats on those PR's! Strong work!

Share with Facebook
Old 06-28-2010, 02:27 PM   #15
Dynasty
Dynasty
the determined
The Irish One
Uber Brawn

Thanks alot Biggy Will keep em rolling in

Share with Facebook
Old 06-28-2010, 02:42 PM   #16
big_swede
big_swede
Strongman
Max Brawn
Points: 33,365, Level: 100 Points: 33,365, Level: 100 Points: 33,365, Level: 100

big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Do that =)

Share with Facebook
Old 06-29-2010, 02:28 PM   #17
Dynasty
Dynasty
the determined
The Irish One
Uber Brawn

Tuesday - June 29th - 2010

My day:

Today was another warm day, not as warm as other days thankfully. Bad sleeping last night but it shouldn't of affected my workout as I saw and felt. Need a good damn sleep tonight because my back is starting to ache now (from yesterday). Well today is Chest and Triceps with Abs.

Chest:

Incline DB Press
4 heavy sets with 1 warm-up beforehand.

24kgx8, 24kgx8, 24kgx6, 24kgx8 (and dropset of 16kg x 6 reps)

Flat BB Bench Press
My bench didn't feel right today at all and is still weak but ah I did try to lift more etc but just didn't do it well. I had a few 65kgs coming but only at 3-4 reps max so went back to 60kg area, which is my max last week. I think I left my bench late into the workout due to I did my other chest exercises first due to the bench was occupied.

All my 60kg's were 6 - 8 reps for 4 sets.

Cable Cross Overs
How I'm approaching these is a ramp up in each set, that I add on weight through each of the 3 sets, not including the 1 warm-up. My max last week was 65kg x 6 reps, this week it was by 8 reps, so a record with reps but won't add PR next to it, only do it for weight up. These get seriously hard over 60kg.

30x15, 55x12, 60x10, 65kg x 8

Superset: x3
Push-Ups (to failure)
Butterfly on Machine (to failure)

I did add on 2kg to my 10 reps each time on the machine, but I'm not keeping track of these PR wise currently but 25kg x 10 = PR. I just have these in to put me in lots of pain after the push-ups.

Triceps:

Dips

I did about 4 sets of 6-10 reps with just BW, since I'm gaining every week these are becoming much tougher ha.

Skull Crushers
My arms were sore by the time I got to this exercise so I didn't get any records and my usual 27.5kgs fell drastically to 20's. To help myself not feel down from this I super-setted the below exercise into last weeks 30kgs and oh boy that hurt! lol

Cable Rope Overhead Triceps Extension
Super-setted with Skullcrushers for 3 sets as said above, these were done to 10 reps max, meaning any less mean't my arms were about to fall off.

Conclusion:

Was a good workout, no PRs though, but a few reps increases here and there.

Share with Facebook
Old 06-29-2010, 02:37 PM   #18
big_swede
big_swede
Strongman
Max Brawn

Looking good man, some weeks you have to go for rep PR's, the main thing is you know your progressing! Keep it up man!

Share with Facebook
Old 06-30-2010, 05:35 AM   #19
Dynasty
Dynasty
the determined
The Irish One
Uber Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_swede View Post
Looking good man, some weeks you have to go for rep PR's, the main thing is you know your progressing! Keep it up man!
Cheers And I had a great sleep last night finally, but feel so tired after having a good one haha

Share with Facebook
Old 06-30-2010, 08:45 AM   #20
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,480,489, Level: 100 Points: 1,480,489, Level: 100 Points: 1,480,489, Level: 100
Activity: 43% Activity: 43% Activity: 43%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Workings are looking great. Hope your lower back feels better. Is it sore from deadlifts or more cramping and tight?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook