Craig Pfisterer
is getting too old for this shit.
I Haz a Kat
Max Brawn
Points: 4,544, Level: 42 Points: 4,544, Level: 42 Points: 4,544, Level: 42
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Type: Strongman
Fav Supp: ON's Pro Complex Gainer
Craig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I use the Sting Ray for Front Squats:

Amazon.com: Sting Ray: Sports & Outdoors

It gives me an inch between the bar and my body and helps with bar stability.
I have no probalems with a regular bar in the clean rack position. I figured the cross armed would work better for an axle. The axle is too thick to fit on the Stingray anyway.

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2010, 10:36 AM   #112
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,482,261, Level: 100 Points: 1,482,261, Level: 100 Points: 1,482,261, Level: 100
Activity: 44% Activity: 44% Activity: 44%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Pfisterer View Post
I have no probalems with a regular bar in the clean rack position. I figured the cross armed would work better for an axle. The axle is too thick to fit on the Stingray anyway.
Gotcha. I thought it was an issue for all front squats.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 07-21-2010, 07:02 PM   #113
Craig Pfisterer
Craig Pfisterer
I Haz a Kat
Max Brawn

Craig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributor

July 21, 2010

Walking 34 minutes

Comments: Hot one out today so I waited until after work to walk. Almost fell asleep when I got home. Guess I need to get some more sleep. Walking felt good and relaxing even with the heat. Found out the one band setup that I was using for deadlifts and floor presses a while ago did not provide nearly as much tension as I thought it did. While the bands were stretched to the point to achieve the band tensions I wanted, I did not factor in the bands also pulling in on the anchors instead of just up as I had thought. So the listed band tensions I used for when the bands were stretched around my power rack was actually only 65% of the stated number. This makes more sense to my other numbers now. For instance, the doubled IW#3's for that platform deadlift were 150lbs and not 225lbs of tension. Made some changes to my routine to make things simpler.

Share with Facebook
Old 07-23-2010, 08:53 AM   #114
Craig Pfisterer
Craig Pfisterer
I Haz a Kat
Max Brawn

July 22, 2010 - ME UB

Walking 30 minutes

Dynamic Warm-ups

Reverse Band 12" Log Presses w/IW#1's dbl
Add Bands (-65lbs)
90x5
90x5
130X3
160x3
190x3
220x1
240x1
260x1
280x1
300x1
315x1
330x1
297x4

12" Log Cleans
180x3
210x3
240x3
270x3
300x3

Barbell Bench Rows (straps)
195x12 PR+10lbs
195x12
195x12

Bent Over Rear Delt Dumbbell Raises
62.5'sx15 PR+2.5lbs
62.5'sx15
62.5'sx15

33 Minutes of Stretching

Comments: Workout went pretty well. Didn't really feel in to it until after the set with 300lbs. 315lbs felt better and 330lbs was a toughie. This light of band resistance is usually pretty close to what I can do without band assitance so I'm hoping my log overhead is on the up and up. I rushed the down set and paid for it with an ugly fourth rep. Had to I guess triple dip to get it haha. Only worked up to 300lbs (best is 320lbs for three) on the log cleans since I'm just starting them again. First three set were pretty much power cleans with the log. I belted up for 300lbs and the first two reps were awful, felt like my head was going to pop off so I took off my belt and got my third rep with little issue. Guess I'll have to just use my rehband belt for clean and presses. My clean definitely needs work but I'll be taking it slow and work up in weight. Cleans took a bit out of me as rows were exceedingly tough. Really had to work to get those reps. Raises were good on the first set and it looked like I'd be moving up in weight again. Lost a bit of that umph on the other two sets though haha. had mentioned last time that I had made some changes to my workout to make it simpler. Besides dropping axle front squats (hand still not 100%), I made it so when I was doing a log or axle variation with or against bands, I'd be doing a clean with that implement as well rather than keeping one type of clean with a certain type of band work. My reasoning is that it will allow for more rest when I do an actual clean and press/jerk from the floor, it will allow me to get used to the idea of cleaning and pressing the same implement (hopefully allowing quicker learning) and I won't have to lug two implements up and down a flight of stairs each workout. As far as minor injuries; my right hand still is a little numb in the pinky finger and side of the hand. About 95% feeling and I know it will take a bit of time for it all to return (from previous experience). Left side of my neck and trap is still not 100% from doing that stupid sandbag pressing. Taking longer than expected. Also left palm is tender at times.

Share with Facebook
Old 07-23-2010, 10:15 PM   #115
Craig Pfisterer
Craig Pfisterer
I Haz a Kat
Max Brawn

July 23, 2010 - DE LB

Walking 31 minutes

Dynamic Warm-ups

13.5 Box Squats
45x10
95x2
135x2
185x2
237x2
237x2
237x2
237x2
237x2
237x2
237x2
237x2

Yoke
455x100'
455x100'
455x100'
455x100'

Farmer's Walk
176x100'
216x100'
256x100'
256x100'

Dimel Deadlifts
255x20 PR+5lbs
255x20
255x20

31 Minutes of Stretching

Comments: Pretty good, squats feel weird when I do them without bands to the box haha. Moved through them quickly. Yoke went well, went fast and took relatively short breaks. It did reopen my trap scabs again so bloody traps again. I was sweating like crazy when it came to farmer's walk. Had to chalk up and lost few minor calluses but got it done. Felt heavy. Dimels went okay as well.

Share with Facebook
Old 07-24-2010, 02:23 AM   #116
DieselWeasel
DieselWeasel
will deadlift 600 soon.
Elite Raw Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 6,832, Level: 54 Points: 6,832, Level: 54 Points: 6,832, Level: 54

Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Supp: Whey Powder
My Mood: Paranoid
DieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beast

Welcome to the board, Craig. I've been watching your videos on YouTube over the past year. You've been making great progress and moving serious weight. Glad to have you here.

Bloody traps FTW.

RPS - Open 165 Raw - 07.13.13
1365 Elite/Pro Total (475,300,590)
DieselWeasel is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 07-24-2010, 07:34 AM   #117
Craig Pfisterer
Craig Pfisterer
I Haz a Kat
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselWeasel View Post
Welcome to the board, Craig. I've been watching your videos on YouTube over the past year. You've been making great progress and moving serious weight. Glad to have you here.

Bloody traps FTW.
Thanks Max.

Share with Facebook
Old 07-24-2010, 09:57 PM   #118
Craig Pfisterer
Craig Pfisterer
I Haz a Kat
Max Brawn

July 24, 2010 - Events

Conan's Wheel
180x120'
360x60'
540x60'
630x45'
630x0
630x60'
720x0
720x37'6" PR+40lbs
750x47' PR+70lbs

High Handle Prowler Pushes
P+360x50'
P+540x50'
P+730x50' PR+190lbs

Stone Loads
320(21")x0 to 54"
320(21")x1 to 54"
320(21")x1 to 54"/335(21")x1 to 54"/355(21")x0,0 to 54"
355(21")x1 to 54"/395(20")x1 to 54" PR+10lbs
435(22")x1 to 54" PR+30lbs & 6"

Comments: I felt that I had made a mistake deciding to do events today when I got outside and it felt like an oven. Did events down at Jon P's storage shed and house.Haven't been done there in a while. Lou was sick but tagged along. It was so hot out I forgot to do dynamic warm-ups. We did Conan's Wheel first and I was having a hell of a time picking it up and the heat and sweat made holding on to it really tough. We started to drape a t-shirt over it between sets to keep it from burning our forearms. After I bombed 720lbs, Jon suggested I try doing the pick off of some 25lbs plates to increase the height by 2.5". Not sure why we hadn't thought of that before. Made it so much better. I should have gotten a full lap with 720lbs but I had a misstep and dropped it. Got even farther with 750lbs but the sweat factor was too much. Jon and Lou tried talking me out of doing some prowler stuff due to the heat (101 degrees). I did three sets working up in big, heavy jumps. So hot. We went back to Jon's place a chilled for a bit to get re-hydrated and then went at the stones. Never used Jon's stones. I went for the 320lbs stone no warm-up and almost blacked out trying to load it. I got to stop jumping in and do my own thing. Got it easy after about a minute to refocus. Then after Jon had a go at a series run, I tried it too but only got the 320lbs and 335lbs, missing the 355lbs stone twice. Jon and Lou were saying I was getting enough extension but I had the stone too low in my lap. Glad they were there to catch that. I made that mental adjustment and got the 355lbs stone and then the 395lbs 20" stone too. That stone is a dusty one. After that everyone including myself thought that loading the unliftable stone (Jon's 435lbs 22" stone) was not going to happen. I said I'd give lapping it a shot as no one had lapped it yet. I set up, got psyched and attacked. I made sure I got a real good grip on it and pulled it up into my lap. It felt so damn heavy on my lap. Lou's laughing that I lapped it so easy and Jon's muttering "I hate you Craig" but I square up to the platform to try to load it. Inch by inch it slowly comes up off my lap. At no point did I think, yes it's going. Every thought was doubt, but up and up it goes. I arch back really far and shove it forward and push. The unliftable stone has been lifted. I can honestly say that that was the happiest I've ever felt. I don't know if that's sad or a sign to keep pushing it. After that, Jon finally lapped it after trying for months and was close to loading it. If it had been a 48" platform, it would have gone. Went and got materials to make my own monster stone. Damn I love this sport.

Last edited by Craig Pfisterer; 09-02-2010 at 12:45 PM.
Craig Pfisterer is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 07-24-2010, 10:16 PM   #119
DieselWeasel
DieselWeasel
will deadlift 600 soon.
Elite Raw Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 6,832, Level: 54 Points: 6,832, Level: 54 Points: 6,832, Level: 54

Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Supp: Whey Powder
My Mood: Paranoid
DieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beast

Increasing the height for the Conan's Wheel really helped!

That 430 stone load was awesome, but WTF was your camera guy doing?

BTW, you looked like Pudzian when you celebrated after the 430.

"Naow I show you who eez da bezt!" LOL

RPS - Open 165 Raw - 07.13.13
1365 Elite/Pro Total (475,300,590)
DieselWeasel is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 07-24-2010, 10:22 PM   #120
gaspers04
gaspers04
is "Thickneck McBenchpress"
Max Brawn
Points: 16,960, Level: 83 Points: 16,960, Level: 83 Points: 16,960, Level: 83
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 20 yrs.
Training Type: Westside
Fav Exercise: All of Them! Bench, hehe.
Fav Supp: Food
My Mood: Brooding
gaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master member

impressive!

Supplements
M & S's Isofuel Chocolate, MGN's Dextrose,Universal's Beef Aminos and AAEFX's Kre-Alkalyn.
gaspers04 is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook