Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 05-31-2010, 01:34 PM   #21
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,548,567, Level: 100 Points: 1,548,567, Level: 100 Points: 1,548,567, Level: 100
Activity: 48% Activity: 48% Activity: 48%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andys_trim View Post
I'm eating a lot of everything. Including a lot of brown rice and oatmeal. Should I hold off on that a little?

Also, that link didn't work
I fixed the link.

I'm not saying avoid all grains. But the reality is that many modern bodybuilding diets fear fat, so guys are eating all chicken breasts, wild rice and broccoli.

If I had to do it all over again I would eat more beef and whole milk, use a bit of butter daily, eat more almonds and fruit, and eat less grain-based carbs. That's just how I would do it, and I am not stepping out and saying this is the perfect diet.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2010, 01:37 PM   #22
andys_trim
andys_trim
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 6,607, Level: 53 Points: 6,607, Level: 53 Points: 6,607, Level: 53
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 1
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: Deadlift!
Fav Supp: Any I can afford.
My Mood: Cool
andys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributor

you pretty much hit the nail on the head for me when I was cutting down. Now I've been eating chicken, peanut butter, some almonds ,oatmeal, bananas, and a lot of stuff. Pretty much whatever I can find

http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/tra...tml#post103267 - Home of no compromising and busting ass day in and day out
andys_trim is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 05-31-2010, 03:17 PM   #23
bas781
bas781
back
Brawn
Points: 689, Level: 13 Points: 689, Level: 13 Points: 689, Level: 13
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: deadlift
My Mood: Mellow
bas781 has made some very good postsbas781 has made some very good postsbas781 has made some very good postsbas781 has made some very good postsbas781 has made some very good postsbas781 has made some very good postsbas781 has made some very good postsbas781 has made some very good postsbas781 has made some very good postsbas781 has made some very good postsbas781 has made some very good posts

Throw me in the camp that believes if we just turned the food pyramid upside down a lot of American health issues would go away - basically keto/paleo/zone style eating.

However, I usually keep my mouth shut when discussing nutrition with friends. Dietary discussions are so much more heated than training.
bas781 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 05-31-2010, 03:54 PM   #24
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,548,567, Level: 100 Points: 1,548,567, Level: 100 Points: 1,548,567, Level: 100
Activity: 48% Activity: 48% Activity: 48%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bas781 View Post
Throw me in the camp that believes if we just turned the food pyramid upside down a lot of American health issues would go away - basically keto/paleo/zone style eating.

However, I usually keep my mouth shut when discussing nutrition with friends. Dietary discussions are so much more heated than training.
I agree. I think most of my fat gain came from flour and sugar...the white poisons. White flour is the big offender.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 05-31-2010, 03:58 PM   #25
andys_trim
andys_trim
has no status.
Max Brawn

andys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributor

I try to stay away from those at all costs. The only sugar I intentionally eat are simple sugars in fruit

http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/tra...tml#post103267 - Home of no compromising and busting ass day in and day out

Share with Facebook
Old 05-31-2010, 05:55 PM   #26
Rich Knapp
Rich Knapp
100% Natural Bodybuilder
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn
Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: > 13 years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: AAEFX's whole line.
Rich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master member

All the first posts are 100% true. Your body either is in a save mode or loose mode never ever in a saving lost mode. lol No multi tasking here.

My Name "Freak on wheels" is most certainly true. Yes I got big in just a few months while leaning out. BUT Look at some of the circumstances.

1. I was a bodybuilder before.
2. I kept my macro's on spot down to the gram for 6 months.
3. Dedicated 100%, sparing no cost to very High quality supplements to keep the cals down and still hit macros, and the timeing is so so very important, many don't reolize how important.
4. More recovery time than 99% other armatures. (It is my only job)

Many think they are dedicated enough to do this. Don't take it wrong, but 99% aren't.

I don't pull punches, stroke ego's, or tell people what they won't to hear. Thats just me. The ONLY way to help people is to tell them the truth.

I don't see me making the same gains now that muscle memory is over, they will slow down now. I will do everything in my power to make sure they don't but I look at reality.

Here is my bulk sups and timeing EVERY DAY no ifs ands or buts. and my cutting list to keep mass while cutting(got luck and made gains) was bigger and more indepth on timing.

Wake Up:
AAEFX Kre-Celazine (joint health)

Breakfast:
Garlic - 1000 IU's
V-D3
AAEFX V3 (digestion and vaculinity)
AAEFX V&M (1) (multi Vit)

30 min pre snack:
AAEFX Kre-Alkalyn PRO (2) (Buffered Creatine with Bonded Tea's )
AAEFX Nytric Pro (nos for vasculinity)

Snanck2:
AAEFX Cell Rush ( creatine)
AAEFX NF Pro protein (1/2 serving mixed with 1/2 serving of IGF33)
AAEFX IGF33 Elite (protein + carbs and sups)
AAEFX LBA Pro (Beef Amino's)
AAEFX EFX LG5 Pro (Glutimine)

Lunch:
V-E
AAEFX V&M (1) (Multi Vitom.)
AAEFX Kre-Alkalyn (1) (Buffered Creatine)

1/2 hour pre snack:
AAEFX Nytric Pro

1/2 hour pre late meal:
AAEFX Nytric Pro

At later meal :
AAEFX V&M (1)
AAEFX Kre-Alkalyn (1)
AAEFX V3
V-D3

60 min before bed:
AAEFX ZMA

Bed time:
Leucine
AAEFX EFX LG5 Pro

Last edited by Rich Knapp; 05-31-2010 at 06:05 PM.
Rich Knapp is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 05-31-2010, 06:02 PM   #27
andys_trim
andys_trim
has no status.
Max Brawn

Right on!

Share with Facebook
Old 05-31-2010, 07:00 PM   #28
Kyle Aaron
Kyle Aaron
has no status.
community gym PT
Brawn
Points: 4,796, Level: 44 Points: 4,796, Level: 44 Points: 4,796, Level: 44

Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: deadlift
Fav Supp: milk
My Mood: Relaxed
Kyle Aaron is a lifting machineKyle Aaron is a lifting machineKyle Aaron is a lifting machineKyle Aaron is a lifting machineKyle Aaron is a lifting machineKyle Aaron is a lifting machineKyle Aaron is a lifting machineKyle Aaron is a lifting machineKyle Aaron is a lifting machineKyle Aaron is a lifting machineKyle Aaron is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violent Volume View Post
Here's how to gain muscle and lose fat...

You can't!
The exception is overfat beginners. If you are a man with 25+% or so bodyfat, or a woman with 35+%, then you can have a slight caloric deficit, do resistance training, and your body will use your stored bodyfat to make up the caloric defict and build muscle. This takes men to around 15% and women to around 25% bodyfat. This is usually about the same time they stop their newbie gains in strength, too.

It's a notable exception, because mainstream gyms have rather a lot of overfat beginners.

Share with Facebook
Old 05-31-2010, 07:52 PM   #29
Rich Knapp
Rich Knapp
100% Natural Bodybuilder
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn
Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97

Training Exp: > 13 years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: AAEFX's whole line.
Rich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Aaron View Post
The exception is overfat beginners. If you are a man with 25+% or so bodyfat, or a woman with 35+%, then you can have a slight caloric deficit, do resistance training, and your body will use your stored bodyfat to make up the caloric defict and build muscle. This takes men to around 15% and women to around 25% bodyfat. This is usually about the same time they stop their newbie gains in strength, too.

It's a notable exception, because mainstream gyms have rather a lot of overfat beginners.
Yes this can be true as long as the over fat person takes in the proper Protein's and amino's keeping the Lucein levels high for the body to stay in protein synthesis to build muscles. OR they will just make there muscle healthier, thus it holds more Glycogen and water making is larger and have the illusion of being new muscle. But no true fibers have been build. This is what 80% newbies see with just getting enough water and proper nutrition.
A good 80% of people are waking around all day in the the dehydrated mode. Mistaking thirsty for hunger. Not knowing we lose a gallon of water a day just from talking and breathing.

These 2 percents we both mentioned are so small it don't justify mentioning.
Newbies will jump on it thinking they fit the %.

But yes you do make a good point.

Last edited by Rich Knapp; 05-31-2010 at 07:56 PM.
Rich Knapp is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 06-01-2010, 10:13 AM   #30
Fcat611
Fcat611
has no status.
Brawn
Points: 1,879, Level: 25 Points: 1,879, Level: 25 Points: 1,879, Level: 25
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Fcat611 is off to a bad start

i don't believe this at all i knwo plenty of people who do both.

Share with Facebook