Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 05-18-2010, 02:51 PM   #21
JBlack16
JBlack16
is lifting heavy weight
Uber Brawn
Points: 2,155, Level: 28 Points: 2,155, Level: 28 Points: 2,155, Level: 28
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

JBlack16 is a consistent contributorJBlack16 is a consistent contributorJBlack16 is a consistent contributorJBlack16 is a consistent contributorJBlack16 is a consistent contributorJBlack16 is a consistent contributorJBlack16 is a consistent contributorJBlack16 is a consistent contributorJBlack16 is a consistent contributorJBlack16 is a consistent contributorJBlack16 is a consistent contributor

I'm in on this!!!!
JBlack16 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2010, 08:15 PM   #22
Marc
Marc
TV.
[][]----------[][]
Uber Brawn
Points: 2,463, Level: 30 Points: 2,463, Level: 30 Points: 2,463, Level: 30

My Mood: A Hole
Marc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributor

DESTROYED my workout today, felt better than I have in a long time.

Tuesday 5-18-10

Box Squats 8x5
205lbs with chains, 45 seconds between sets
Good Mornings 5x5
155lbs
Pistols 5x5
Farmers walks, about 115lbs each side down 50 yards and back 3 times for speed. Not insanely heavy but that really wasn't the goal.

I was just informed today that I am doing a competition in about a month and a half. I am super stoked and my motivation is through the roof. My trainer also wants me to do the Iowa Games Strongman Competition as well later on this year. This is the most pumped I have ever been. From what I am told I have a good chance at destroying this first one coming up. Next week this training is going to start going through the roof in intensity, no more piddle dicking around it's balls to the walls from here on out. I am going out for a few brews tonight, last night of drinking until after the comp. Cheers!

Last edited by Marc; 05-19-2010 at 12:34 AM.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 05-18-2010, 10:16 PM   #23
CallmeKing
CallmeKing
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 3,800, Level: 38 Points: 3,800, Level: 38 Points: 3,800, Level: 38
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

My Mood: Drunk
CallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributor

Nice workout man. Have fun tonight!

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies with in us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
CallmeKing is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 05-19-2010, 01:12 AM   #24
Marc
Marc
TV.
[][]----------[][]
Uber Brawn

Marc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributor

Only ended up having about a half pitcher of beer. Shot some pool and relaxed, Tomorrow is go time, one track mind. The events will be as follows (so I am told as of today) Truck pull, Tire flip, Farmers walk and...... Medecine ball shotput... Yea... I have no idea dont even ask.

Share with Facebook
Old 05-19-2010, 08:21 AM   #25
quicksilver0587
quicksilver0587
has no status.
Brawn
Points: 764, Level: 14 Points: 764, Level: 14 Points: 764, Level: 14
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%

Training Exp: 10 years
Training Type: Get In Shape
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Creatine
My Mood: Mellow
quicksilver0587 is new to the forumquicksilver0587 is new to the forumquicksilver0587 is new to the forum

So you said Zombie was awesome, eh? I'm goin to see him and Alice Cooper this Saturday at ArtPark. Now I'm even more excited!
quicksilver0587 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 05-19-2010, 10:43 AM   #26
Marc
Marc
TV.
[][]----------[][]
Uber Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilver0587 View Post
So you said Zombie was awesome, eh? I'm goin to see him and Alice Cooper this Saturday at ArtPark. Now I'm even more excited!
Yea Alice Cooper was amazing too, guy is getting old but he for sure destroys the stage still. Rob Zombie broke out into a ten minute guitar solo and then at the end he played the national anthem with his mouth. It was frickin badass.

Share with Facebook
Old 05-19-2010, 01:46 PM   #27
Marc
Marc
TV.
[][]----------[][]
Uber Brawn

Got my Union pipefitter Apprenticeship test today then it is off to the gym!

Wed. 5-19-10

Sled drags and yoke

Sled-
50 yards down Pulling sled behind me
50 yards back pulling sled while walking backwards
50 yards down with straps over shoulders, arms at half lockout
50 yards back pulling sled backwards, arms in Row position
50 yards down doing pull throughs
2 rounds of that then some barbell yoke carrys for time. Should be an interesting day considering my Hamstrings and glutes are really feeling it from yesterday.

I eat literally the exact same thing every day other than dinner so I dont think anyone wants a repeat of my diet day after day haha.

Share with Facebook
Old 05-19-2010, 07:53 PM   #28
Marc
Marc
TV.
[][]----------[][]
Uber Brawn

Just was informed that the competition is THIS coming Saturday the 22nd! I was stressing hard all the way through my training today. When I left the gym I called the Lady that is running the competition and got the details.... I dont know what to make of this:

Farmers walk- 2, 45 pound plates in each hand with a handle 40 yards down and back for time.

Truck Pull- It's a sled, and you pull your body weight for 40 yards.. Seems a little dumb.

Tire flip- The tire is just above my waist, literally half of what I train with, as many flips as you can get in one minute..

And then there is a medecine ball throw.

I am kind of dissapointed as I train with twice this much weight at least in literally everything, but I guess it will all be for speed, and it is my first competition so maybe I need to have a more open mind.. I checked out the pulling harnes and it resembles a cheap OSHA harness.. I guess you get a rope too with the sled... Im going to ask if I can bring one of the apt ones from the gym I train at.

Share with Facebook
Old 05-19-2010, 08:02 PM   #29
strkout35
strkout35
is starting the full body routine again
Max Brawn
Points: 10,027, Level: 66 Points: 10,027, Level: 66 Points: 10,027, Level: 66

My Mood: Mellow
strkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machine

just go and make the most of it man, get the first one under your belt and go destroy the comp

_________Goals:__
Squat:______275
Deadlift:_____315
Bench:______185
Press:_______135

"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe"
strkout35 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 05-21-2010, 11:54 AM   #30
Marc
Marc
TV.
[][]----------[][]
Uber Brawn

Wed. 5-19-10

Ended up training some Farmers walks with about 40 pounds each side more than the competition will have, worked a little on turns etc and worked the comp distance to get a good feel. Also did some sled drags with the harness with competition weight roughly, for 4 times the distance. Felt good but I could tell I wasn't performing at my peak, legs were feeling it from the squat workout the day before as well as the farmers walks Tuesday.

Thursday 5-20-10

Did my normal Upper body Bench day

Bench 5x3
OHP 5x5
Lat PD 3x10
Face Pull 3x12
Skull Crushers 4x8

Friday 5-21-10

Day before first competition. Going to go in and do some stretches, foam roll, ride the bike for a little bit, maybe some reverse hypers. Just stay loose and keep my game face on for tomorrow morning. Hopefully they will let me use Belt and Chalk on the Farmers, I dont see why not.. Hopefully I can sleep tonight.

Last edited by Marc; 05-21-2010 at 11:57 AM.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook