Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 04-24-2010, 10:13 PM   #1
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,541,987, Level: 100 Points: 1,541,987, Level: 100 Points: 1,541,987, Level: 100
Activity: 51% Activity: 51% Activity: 51%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default Scivation & Charlesbois Cut Diet

I'm finding that my weight loss is going too slowly, primarily because I now sit all day long. I need to bump my calories down to 2000 to 2300 per day. I;m also starting to explore some different cutting diet approaches.

I have the Scivation e-book and the Lifestyle diet by Charlesbois. Haven't read them yet though. Anyone have any personal experience with either approach?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2010, 10:24 PM   #2
Grim83
Grim83
has no status.
Director: TGZ
Max Brawn
Points: 6,663, Level: 53 Points: 6,663, Level: 53 Points: 6,663, Level: 53
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

My Mood: Crappy
Grim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I'm finding that my weight loss is going too slowly, primarily because I now sit all day long. I need to bump my calories down to 2000 to 2300 per day. I;m also starting to explore some different cutting diet approaches.

I have the Scivation e-book and the Lifestyle diet by Charlesbois. Haven't read them yet though. Anyone have any personal experience with either approach?
i've read both, their both pretty basic keto type diets with a refeed like every third day
User owns 1x Super Squats

No Bullshit no problems

My Blog- http://grim83.blogspot.com/
Grim83 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 04-24-2010, 10:58 PM   #3
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,541,987, Level: 100 Points: 1,541,987, Level: 100 Points: 1,541,987, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim83 View Post
i've read both, their both pretty basic keto type diets with a refeed like every third day
I started reading one and it advocated such-and-such potassium every blah-de-blah hours. And my head exploded.

Share with Facebook
Old 04-24-2010, 11:12 PM   #4
Grim83
Grim83
has no status.
Max Brawn

Grim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
I started reading one and it advocated such-and-such potassium every blah-de-blah hours. And my head exploded.
yeah they tried to play it up as some huge scientific break through, but its all old stuff. i prefered the lifestyle one a bit more

No Bullshit no problems

Share with Facebook
Old 04-25-2010, 12:02 AM   #5
Grip-N-Rip
Grip-N-Rip
has no status.
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,478, Level: 21 Points: 1,478, Level: 21 Points: 1,478, Level: 21
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

My Mood: Yeehaw
Grip-N-Rip has made some good postsGrip-N-Rip has made some good postsGrip-N-Rip has made some good postsGrip-N-Rip has made some good postsGrip-N-Rip has made some good postsGrip-N-Rip has made some good postsGrip-N-Rip has made some good postsGrip-N-Rip has made some good postsGrip-N-Rip has made some good postsGrip-N-Rip has made some good postsGrip-N-Rip has made some good posts

Why dop calories so low? Have you restructured the diet and incorporated cardio?

Share with Facebook
Old 04-25-2010, 07:45 AM   #6
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grip-N-Rip View Post
Why dop calories so low? Have you restructured the diet and incorporated cardio?
I sit all day. I know my body fairly well after 23 years of bodybuilding-style eating. 2400 to 2500 when I am active used to lead to a rock solid weight loss. I'm going bump it down to 2000 to 2100 for a month and see what happens. Regarding restructuring, not exactly sure what you mean.

I am planning on incorporating some cardio.

Share with Facebook
Old 04-25-2010, 08:58 AM   #7
kitarpyar
kitarpyar
is a rank novice now
Max Brawn
Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

Training Type: Fullbody
My Mood: Aggressive
kitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master member

Fundamentally, their diet is the same as this -
The Tight Tan Slacks of Dezso Ban: Training Down - Anthony Ditillo

And ^^^ this is a much easier read.
kitarpyar is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 04-25-2010, 09:04 AM   #8
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitarpyar View Post
Fundamentally, their diet is the same as this -
The Tight Tan Slacks of Dezso Ban: Training Down - Anthony Ditillo

And ^^^ this is a much easier read.
Giving it a read. Thanks Kit.

Share with Facebook
Old 04-25-2010, 09:42 AM   #9
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

A quote I liked.

Quote:
Three times per day, after each of my main meals, I would fill a whiskey glass with safflower oil and I would drink it down. I forced myself to bear the taste until now I donít mind it at all. And suddenly things began to happen. First of all, my weight shot down to 228 in a matter of days. And for the first time since I began the experiment my lifts began to improve. Up, up, up went my squat. Down, down, down went bodyweight and most important of all, my waistline. And all the while I was simply overjoyed at the entire affair. It seemed that at last I had found the right way for me.

Share with Facebook
Old 04-25-2010, 11:20 AM   #10
Grim83
Grim83
has no status.
Max Brawn

Quote:
I sit all day. I know my body fairly well after 23 years of bodybuilding-style eating. 2400 to 2500 when I am active used to lead to a rock solid weight loss. I'm going bump it down to 2000 to 2100 for a month and see what happens. Regarding restructuring, not exactly sure what you mean.

I am planning on incorporating some cardio.
a few things to consider

-if you like me and cant stand cardio, try doing complexes and gpp work.
- try looking into metabolic typing, C&P had some goodies on his site for it

No Bullshit no problems

Share with Facebook