Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Powerlifting & Strength Training

Notices

Powerlifting & Strength Training Topics related to powerlifting and strength training.

Old 04-19-2010, 08:29 PM   #1
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,543,160, Level: 100 Points: 1,543,160, Level: 100 Points: 1,543,160, Level: 100
Activity: 52% Activity: 52% Activity: 52%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default Natty Feds and Canvas Squat Suit

Are there any drug tested feds that allow canvas squat suits.

I R ignorant. I was strolling around squats suits, pricing them, and started reading about canvas.

OT...I am looking at getting a Metal Pro Squatter for fun and pleasure. Any suit better bang for the buck?

http://www.flexcart.com/members/elit...id=204&pid=718

I was also looking at Frantz suits and read they were a good value.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 04-19-2010 at 08:35 PM.
BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2010, 09:23 PM   #2
CoopDawg
CoopDawg
goin beast mode
Max Brawn
Points: 11,819, Level: 71 Points: 11,819, Level: 71 Points: 11,819, Level: 71
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Supp: AAEFX K-OTIC
My Mood: Aggressive
CoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributor

how do these help increase pounds with lifts? i dont know much about them btb
CoopDawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 04-19-2010, 09:34 PM   #3
Grim83
Grim83
has no status.
Director: TGZ
Max Brawn
Points: 6,663, Level: 53 Points: 6,663, Level: 53 Points: 6,663, Level: 53
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

My Mood: Crappy
Grim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopDawg View Post
how do these help increase pounds with lifts? i dont know much about them btb
the big thing is that they help give you more spring out of the hole when squatting
User owns 1x Super Squats

No Bullshit no problems

My Blog- http://grim83.blogspot.com/
Grim83 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 04-19-2010, 10:00 PM   #4
CoopDawg
CoopDawg
goin beast mode
Max Brawn
Points: 11,819, Level: 71 Points: 11,819, Level: 71 Points: 11,819, Level: 71

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Supp: AAEFX K-OTIC
My Mood: Aggressive
CoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim83 View Post
the big thing is that they help give you more spring out of the hole when squatting
Thanks big grim.
CoopDawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 04-20-2010, 07:45 AM   #5
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,543,160, Level: 100 Points: 1,543,160, Level: 100 Points: 1,543,160, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I;m looking at using one in training more for extra support. 90% work (above 450 squats) are becoming difficult. NSP mentioned they help against injury. I am ignorant.

http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/ana...html#post49618

Share with Facebook
Old 04-20-2010, 09:34 AM   #6
ehubbard
ehubbard
has no status.
Raw/Multiply Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 9,852, Level: 66 Points: 9,852, Level: 66 Points: 9,852, Level: 66

Training Exp: 15
Training Type: Powerlifting
My Mood: Grumpy
ehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beast

To answer your first question, just about every "multiply fed" offers a drug tested division. The APF has the AAPF, the APA has a drug tested division, the IPA has the amateur division. I am not sure about SPF and some of the other feds, but in your area, I think you could probably find an APF meet and enter as an AAPF competitor.

Canvas suits generally have more "stopping power" than the poly suits (such as the Pro Squatter). Canvas is much harder to size and if it is too tight in the legs you could have some real problems getting down with any weight. It is also a bitch to get off. It is extremely important to make sure you get all gear seated properly and pulled up your leg all the way. If you dont the briefs and or suit can have a tendency to push your knees in. If I were to go with canvas, I would get an Inzer Leviathan, hands down.

As an intro to gear I would go with Metal Pro Briefs first and then add a Metal Pro Squatter. You could also do what I did which is get an Ace squatter that is a size too big. Lastly, there's no way in hell that I would squat in a canvas suit and briefs in your basement without a bolted down full power rack, monolift hooks and Spud Straps for additional safety. Find a crew to train with once or twice a week. Check out powerliftingwatch.com for gyms and you can also post on a couple of other forums and look for crews / training partners / basement gyms, etc. I can PM you the details of where to go if you would like to keep the names of those forums out of the context of this thread.

Share with Facebook
Old 04-20-2010, 09:55 AM   #7
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehubbard View Post

As an intro to gear I would go with Metal Pro Briefs first and then add a Metal Pro Squatter. You could also do what I did which is get an Ace squatter that is a size too big. Lastly, there's no way in hell that I would squat in a canvas suit and briefs in your basement without a bolted down full power rack, monolift hooks and Spud Straps for additional safety. Find a crew to train with once or twice a week. Check out powerliftingwatch.com for gyms and you can also post on a couple of other forums and look for crews / training partners / basement gyms, etc. I can PM you the details of where to go if you would like to keep the names of those forums out of the context of this thread.
Thanks Ehubbs. I wasn't really thinking about buying canvas. I was more curious if they were used at all by natty feds.

I am really just looking for extra support on the eccentric part of the lift, which is becoming a huge burden.

Can I ask about the Ace Squatter...what is the reasoning for going one size too big? I assume they are pretty hardcore?

Any advice on sizing the Metal Pro Briefs? Again, I'm merely looking for support and not to slap 800 on my back - if that makes sense.

Share with Facebook
Old 04-20-2010, 10:10 AM   #8
ehubbard
ehubbard
has no status.
Raw/Multiply Powerlifter
Max Brawn

ehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Thanks Ehubbs. I wasn't really thinking about buying canvas. I was more curious if they were used at all by natty feds.

I am really just looking for extra support on the eccentric part of the lift, which is becoming a huge burden.

Can I ask about the Ace Squatter...what is the reasoning for going one size too big? I assume they are pretty hardcore?

Any advice on sizing the Metal Pro Briefs? Again, I'm merely looking for support and not to slap 800 on my back - if that makes sense.
Yes the Ace is pretty hardcore, so a loser fit makes it easier to use. I was also planning on gaining weight since there arent too many successful powerlifters who are 6- 4 and 235 lbs.

Well, generally speaking you want them snug on your hips. The problem with Metal is that most of their stuff comes too tight in their legs, so if u get something snug in the hips the legs are usually tight and a pain to get on. What are your hip and thigh (2 inches below the crease) measurements?

Share with Facebook
Old 04-20-2010, 10:18 AM   #9
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehubbard View Post
Yes the Ace is pretty hardcore, so a loser fit makes it easier to use. I was also planning on gaining weight since there arent too many successful powerlifters who are 6- 4 and 235 lbs.

Well, generally speaking you want them snug on your hips. The problem with Metal is that most of their stuff comes too tight in their legs, so if u get something snug in the hips the legs are usually tight and a pain to get on. What are your hip and thigh (2 inches below the crease) measurements?
I just measured. My thighs are 30", give or take a quarter inch. Hips are 50 (ish).

Share with Facebook
Old 04-20-2010, 10:30 AM   #10
ehubbard
ehubbard
has no status.
Raw/Multiply Powerlifter
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I just measured. My thighs are 30", give or take a quarter inch. Hips are 50 (ish).
I would get size 50. I wear a 44 Viking briefs with 46 inch hips and 29 inch legs and they are super tight in the legs. So a 50 sounds right. Briefs at metal are sized based on hip measurement.

Share with Facebook