Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Powerlifting & Strength Training

Notices

Powerlifting & Strength Training Topics related to powerlifting and strength training.

Old 03-24-2010, 07:30 PM   #11
jwood
jwood
has no status.
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn
Points: 21,235, Level: 91 Points: 21,235, Level: 91 Points: 21,235, Level: 91
Activity: 20% Activity: 20% Activity: 20%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Push press
Fav Supp: Razor 8 Blast Powder
My Mood: Aggressive
jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFiveFive View Post
**** come over here to Illinois and attend Blackburn College, you can eat all the pizza, cheeseburgers and pasta you want, plenty of calories!

The food at my school is terrible man, im trying to cut down and compete in July, its not easy when thats all you have to eat lol.
I feel you there, my school food is awful!! The best thing I ever did was move off campus and start cooking my own food. College food is like eating a crappier version of McDonalds for three meals a day. At least it has a ton of calories.

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2010, 07:35 PM   #12
onetiredkris
onetiredkris
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 2,770, Level: 32 Points: 2,770, Level: 32 Points: 2,770, Level: 32
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

onetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributor

Dude dont go eating chocolate bars thinking your bulking, that is just going to leave you gaining unwanted fat and feeling worse about yourself.

I find it really unlikely that your school has no real food options with meat in it.
Protein bars are decent, though expensive.
I would much rather go with : hard boiled eggs, protien powders (cheaper), string cheese, trail mixes (use sparingly, sounds like your already overboard on fats from nuts), and the god of all no-prep foods : BEEF JERKY.

-OTK's LOG-
We lift weights and manipulate our diets so that we'll look good naked. Sure, it's healthy too, and we'll probably live a longer and more productive life than the average guy, but mostly it's about the naked thing.

Last edited by onetiredkris; 03-24-2010 at 07:35 PM. Reason: went back and bold'ed out beef jerky because i got so hyped up on it after posting
onetiredkris is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 03-24-2010, 07:37 PM   #13
Mombow111
Mombow111
has no status.
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,550, Level: 22 Points: 1,550, Level: 22 Points: 1,550, Level: 22

Mombow111 has made some good postsMombow111 has made some good postsMombow111 has made some good postsMombow111 has made some good postsMombow111 has made some good postsMombow111 has made some good postsMombow111 has made some good postsMombow111 has made some good postsMombow111 has made some good posts

I'm pleasantly surprised if I don't feel nauseous after eatting more than one entree from mine
Mombow111 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 03-24-2010, 07:41 PM   #14
CoopDawg
CoopDawg
goin beast mode
Max Brawn
Points: 10,938, Level: 69 Points: 10,938, Level: 69 Points: 10,938, Level: 69

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: AAEFX K-OTIC
CoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributor

[QUOTE=onetiredkris;40563]Dude dont go eating chocolate bars thinking your bulking, that is just going to leave you gaining unwanted fat and feeling worse about yourself.

I actually feel good about myself im just gaining cause im in baseball seaon i run enough miles every day to keep the bad away. I ran 7 miles today i usually only have to run about 5. I never really ate trail mix much but I will try it thanks.
CoopDawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 03-24-2010, 07:48 PM   #15
kman025
kman025
out of shape :)
1st MOM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72

My Mood: Daring
kman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machine

....... i dont get why modern baseball coaches have people run this much.

baseballs a great sport, but long distance running is ****ing dumb as hell to use as a training tool for it.

when in baseball must you do steady activty for more than a minute.

the majority of a game your just sitting there picking your ass (pitchers and catchers(no homo) the exception. i was a catcher(no homo) and you actually do **** the whole game). so why would they ever have you do gay ass long distance running.

IMO, they should just do a bunch of sprints, some heavy lifting, and some explosive movements. the majority of practices should be focused on technique.

there are so many fat ****s who are great baseball players and if i were still one i'd kill the coach for making me run my fat ass all over the place when its useless......

This is the reason i stopped playing baseball once i got to high school. I didnt feel like wasting my time on running, when my swing sucked **** (was a damn fine catcher ).......

no point to this......

/rant
User owns 1x Pumping Iron (25th Anniversary Special Edition)

Share with Facebook
Old 03-24-2010, 07:54 PM   #16
CoopDawg
CoopDawg
goin beast mode
Max Brawn

CoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kman025 View Post
....... i dont get why modern baseball coaches have people run this much.

baseballs a great sport, but long distance running is ****ing dumb as hell to use as a training tool for it.

when in baseball must you do steady activty for more than a minute.

the majority of a game your just sitting there picking your ass (pitchers and catchers(no homo) the exception. i was a catcher(no homo) and you actually do **** the whole game). so why would they ever have you do gay ass long distance running.

IMO, they should just do a bunch of sprints, some heavy lifting, and some explosive movements. the majority of practices should be focused on technique.

there are so many fat ****s who are great baseball players and if i were still one i'd kill the coach for making me run my fat ass all over the place when its useless......

This is the reason i stopped playing baseball once i got to high school. I didnt feel like wasting my time on running, when my swing sucked **** (was a damn fine catcher ).......

no point to this......

/rant
haha i hear you but the points is once you get good at runnin its actually so easy. I can run 5 miles and barely break a sweat because im used to doing this. And its the main reason I usually get atleast 2 triples a game. But i hear your points at one time i hated running. And for explosiveness i hook a sled to me and put25 pounds on it and spring 60 yards

Share with Facebook
Old 03-24-2010, 07:57 PM   #17
Mombow111
Mombow111
has no status.
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,550, Level: 22 Points: 1,550, Level: 22 Points: 1,550, Level: 22

Mombow111 has made some good postsMombow111 has made some good postsMombow111 has made some good postsMombow111 has made some good postsMombow111 has made some good postsMombow111 has made some good postsMombow111 has made some good postsMombow111 has made some good postsMombow111 has made some good posts

Beef Jerkey is god, but it's always so expensive; where/what do you buy?
Mombow111 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 03-24-2010, 08:02 PM   #18
kman025
kman025
out of shape :)
1st MOM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72

My Mood: Daring
kman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopDawg View Post
haha i hear you but the points is once you get good at runnin its actually so easy. I can run 5 miles and barely break a sweat because im used to doing this. And its the main reason I usually get atleast 2 triples a game. But i hear your points at one time i hated running. And for explosiveness i hook a sled to me and put25 pounds on it and spring 60 yards
yes but i think you should still run shorter distances.... when running 5 miles your not running at maximum speed. when running the bases you are. IMO there two toatlly different things.

....... and two triples a game?????.....
User owns 1x Pumping Iron (25th Anniversary Special Edition)

Share with Facebook
Old 03-24-2010, 08:17 PM   #19
CoopDawg
CoopDawg
goin beast mode
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by kman025 View Post
yes but i think you should still run shorter distances.... when running 5 miles your not running at maximum speed. when running the bases you are. IMO there two toatlly different things.

....... and two triples a game?????.....
yeah i went 3 for 3 last game 2 triples and a single thats usually how it goes im not superstar but i am an good pitcher and have good hand eye coordination for batting. And thats what i use the sled for is the explosive full speed sprints. My team sticks tto the long distance but i try more angles of things.

Share with Facebook
Old 03-24-2010, 10:19 PM   #20
onetiredkris
onetiredkris
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 2,770, Level: 32 Points: 2,770, Level: 32 Points: 2,770, Level: 32

onetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mombow111 View Post
Beef Jerkey is god, but it's always so expensive; where/what do you buy?
Love the jerky, and its one of those things ware quality is good but i can eat anything.
I'll get it only at costco. I'll get a picture up, I don't have any on me at this moment.

-OTK's LOG-
We lift weights and manipulate our diets so that we'll look good naked. Sure, it's healthy too, and we'll probably live a longer and more productive life than the average guy, but mostly it's about the naked thing.

onetiredkris is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook