Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 03-22-2010, 09:17 AM   #11
beam
beam
back hurting again
Uber Brawn
Points: 3,054, Level: 34 Points: 3,054, Level: 34 Points: 3,054, Level: 34
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

My Mood: Happy
beam is a dedicated contributorbeam is a dedicated contributorbeam is a dedicated contributorbeam is a dedicated contributorbeam is a dedicated contributorbeam is a dedicated contributorbeam is a dedicated contributorbeam is a dedicated contributorbeam is a dedicated contributorbeam is a dedicated contributorbeam is a dedicated contributor

I dont think it needs to be so detailed. 1) meals 2) sides 3) shakes 4) snacks

Four sections would help people see more rather than "chicken only" or "beef only"
beam is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2010, 09:19 AM   #12
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,552,371, Level: 100 Points: 1,552,371, Level: 100 Points: 1,552,371, Level: 100
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beam View Post
I dont think it needs to be so detailed. 1) meals 2) sides 3) shakes 4) snacks

Four sections would help people see more rather than "chicken only" or "beef only"
I'm open for anything. I'll go whatever way you guys think is best. I could do 4 main categories and and sub-categories on the page.

Thoughts?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 04-26-2010, 01:14 PM   #13
Fire36
Fire36
Ridin the big red truck today
Nozzle Jockey
Max Brawn
Points: 2,397, Level: 29 Points: 2,397, Level: 29 Points: 2,397, Level: 29
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

My Mood: Cool
Fire36 is a consistent contributorFire36 is a consistent contributorFire36 is a consistent contributorFire36 is a consistent contributorFire36 is a consistent contributorFire36 is a consistent contributorFire36 is a consistent contributorFire36 is a consistent contributorFire36 is a consistent contributorFire36 is a consistent contributorFire36 is a consistent contributor

I need to check this thread out more often, I like maybe the idea of fewer main categories then do a sub-cats on them. I may be looking for a side and not want to have to scroll all through others. Just an idea that i like
Fire36 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 07-21-2010, 12:26 PM   #14
sneezingstardust
sneezingstardust
fat powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 4,948, Level: 44 Points: 4,948, Level: 44 Points: 4,948, Level: 44
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

sneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributor

Default "Quit Your Bitchin', and Get in the Kitchen!" - Recipe Thread!

So, I thought it would be cool to start a recipe thread where I can share my frequently updated concoctions with you all (seeing as not too many, or none of the people here read my personal blog)

If I post a recipe in here, it's because I HIGHLY recommend it. Oh, and it'll give you a good idea of what I eat on a daily basis.

Feel free to add in your own recipe, and if you have a picture of the food you made, please submit that as well!

Let's give this thread a good start:

"Double Banana Date Bread" (current favorite; good pre-workout fuel)

Ingredients:

2 cups of very ripe banana, mashed (or 3 large bananas)
2 cups of whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup of dates, chopped
1 tsp. vanilla
1 egg + 1 egg white
1/2 cup of milk
1/2 cup of butter, softened (you can use half applesauce, if you want...butter is best though )
1/2 cup of honey
chopped walnuts (optional)

Directions:

1) In a small bowl, pour the milk over the dates and microwave for 15 seconds. Set aside to let soak.

2) Preheat the oven to 350. Lightly grease and flour a baking pan.

3) Beat the egg, egg white, vanilla, honey and butter until well-combined. Beat in the banana thoroughly, and then stir in the soaked dates. Set aside.

4) Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl. Stir in the wet mixture just until moistened. Fold in the walnuts, if using.

5) Bake for 40-50 minutes, or until the edges are golden and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.

6) Let cool in the pan for 15 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Slice with a wet knife, and store in an airtight container in the fridge.

Note: Tastes best when it's cold!! This is HANDS DOWN, my favorite banana bread of all time...and I've made/tasted a LOT of banana breads.

More to come!

http://www.fortheloveofcookies.wordpress.com

-------

"People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can't find them, make them." - George Bernard Shaw

"Start wide, expand further, and never look back." -Arnold Schwarzenegger
sneezingstardust is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 07-21-2010, 12:35 PM   #15
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,552,371, Level: 100 Points: 1,552,371, Level: 100 Points: 1,552,371, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Nice thread!

Share with Facebook
Old 07-21-2010, 12:37 PM   #16
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Salsa Quinoa Chicken

Nutritional Info
434 calories
39 grams of protein
49 grams of carbs
6 grams of fat

Salsa Chicken Quinoa is a simple, tasty, and extremely healthy, high protein meal. This recipe will not disappoint.

What You Need

2 cup quinoa, uncooked
24 ounces cooked chicken
2 cups salsa
1 cup chopped raw onion
Diced jalapeno to taste (optional)

Cooking Instructions

Boil quinoa in with 4 cups water. After reaching a raging boil, turn the heat down to medium-low. Allow quinoa to cook until only a slight amount of water is left. Pull quinoa from heat, and let stand covered for 10 minutes. Extra water will soak into the quinoa.

Mix chicken, salsa and onion in with the quinoa. Divide evenly into 5 Tupperware containers.

This recipe makes 5 meals/servings.

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Old 07-21-2010, 02:02 PM   #17
Craig Pfisterer
Craig Pfisterer
is getting too old for this shit.
I Haz a Kat
Max Brawn
Points: 4,544, Level: 42 Points: 4,544, Level: 42 Points: 4,544, Level: 42
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Type: Strongman
Fav Supp: ON's Pro Complex Gainer
Craig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributor

Mancakes

1 cup oatmeal
1 cup cottage cheese
6 egg whites
2 whole eggs
vanilla extract for taste
cinnamon for taste

Blend eggs and oatmeal then add vanilla extract, cinnamon and cottage chesse and blend again. Makes 3-5 cakes. I usually do a double batch so I don't have to make them every night. I eat these every morning (besides contest days or really early event days) with 2lbs of plain yogurt.

GLOP/Bachelor Chow/Failure Pile in Sadness Bowl

2 cups brown rice
1 jar salsa
1lb of cottage cheese
your choice of vegetable (usually squash or broccoli)
your choice of meat (usually leftovers)
2 whole eggs (optional)

Cook brown rice in pot, either cook vegetables seperate or in frying pan with meat. If meat is already cooked (leftovers) add vegetables first than meat. Then add salsa and eggs (if you want to). Put rice in bowl, then vegetables (if cooked separtely) then contents of frying pan and then cottage cheese. Stir and then eat. I have this at least once a week in a large bowl (punch bowl maybe?).

Share with Facebook
Old 07-24-2010, 07:49 PM   #18
sneezingstardust
sneezingstardust
fat powerlifter
Max Brawn

sneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributor

PROTEIN BANANA SPLIT

Ingredients:

1 banana, cut lengthwise

1/3 cup of rolled oats

1 tsp. vanilla

1/3 cup of milk

1 tbsp. of chopped nuts

1 scoop of chocolate protein powder

1/2 oz. of 80% dark chocolate

1 packet of stevia

1/2 tbsp. of dried coconut

Directions:

1) Mix the vanilla, oats, and milk together. Place in the fridge overnight.

2) Place the banana in the freezer and let it sit for a 3 hours.

3) Before eating, stir the chopped nuts in with the oats. Set aside.

4) Melt the dark chocolate. Combine that with the stevia, and mix it together with the protein powder. Add water to reach your desired consistency.

5) Remove the banana from the freezer, and smother with the muesli and chocolate sauce. Top with shredded coconut.

NOTE: Make sure it's good protein powder though. I used Muscle Gauge, and the consistency/taste is awesome.

-------

"People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can't find them, make them." - George Bernard Shaw

Share with Facebook
Old 07-24-2010, 07:59 PM   #19
gaspers04
gaspers04
is "Thickneck McBenchpress"
Max Brawn
Points: 17,264, Level: 83 Points: 17,264, Level: 83 Points: 17,264, Level: 83
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 20 yrs.
Training Type: Westside
Fav Exercise: All of Them! Bench, hehe.
Fav Supp: Food
My Mood: Brooding
gaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master member

I know that this is hard to believe, but I really like food....lol

Supplements
M & S's Isofuel Chocolate, MGN's Dextrose,Universal's Beef Aminos and AAEFX's Kre-Alkalyn.
gaspers04 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 07-24-2010, 08:04 PM   #20
sneezingstardust
sneezingstardust
fat powerlifter
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaspers04 View Post
I know that this is hard to believe, but I really like food....lol
No...REALLY!?!?!

Me too!

-------

Share with Facebook