Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 03-15-2010, 04:56 PM   #1
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,538,831, Level: 100 Points: 1,538,831, Level: 100 Points: 1,538,831, Level: 100
Activity: 51% Activity: 51% Activity: 51%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default BTB's 200 Days - Finish What I Started

Background

In 1986 I learned "how" to lift weights. I was mentored by Michael Gilbertson, a college English at New Mexico Tech. Dr. Gilbertson looked as big as a house, and being that NMT was a small college, it was generally just me and him pumping iron.

It took a while for him to speak to me. I don't know if he was sizing me up, or merely expecting me to be another lost kid who would give up. But each day I hit the weights and studied from the few books and magazines I had.

Eventually Dr. Gilbertson spoke to me. I remember him being like a Zen Master; he would rarely speak, but when he did, it was to impart bodybuilding wisdom. I soaked up his wisdom and training philosophy, and continued to used it for the next three years. During that time I grew like a weed, and there was rarely a week at the gym where I wouldn't be asked, "hey man, what are you taking?"

I owe a great deal of my passion for bodybuilding to Dr. Gilbertson. He stopped and imparted knowledge, when he didn't have to. And when his methods turned into results - well, that's when my life changed.

In 1989, life interrupted my dreams of hitting the bodybuilding stage. I met a woman, fell in love, and joined the military to be near her. I trained on an off while in the military, but because of the nature of my MOS, I could never train seriously.

Eventually I hit the iron hard again. By 1997 I was at my peak. I was bench pressing 430, and performing seated dumbbell presses with 120s. I was as big as a bear. In 1997 I met my wife, settled both and had 2 daughters. I continued to lift until 2002, but then life interrupted again. In 2007 I returned to the iron.

Now it's 2010. Time to finish what I've started. I'm tired of thinking about the bodybuilding stage.

On January 1st, 2010 I started a cut. Now it's time to carve out specific goals to continue my momentum. I will cut and train my way. I will live and die at the hands of my own sword - a sword I have forged by listening to my body.

And I have decided to return to my training roots, and honor the man who helped me pack on mass by using a form of his routine during this cut.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2010, 05:02 PM   #2
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,538,831, Level: 100 Points: 1,538,831, Level: 100 Points: 1,538,831, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Goals

My primary goal is to cut down to 220 pounds while maintaining my LBM of 178 to 180 pounds.

I take regular caliper readings and my LBM has been around 179 for the last 3 years. Once I hit 220, it will be time to pick a show.

Share with Facebook
Old 03-15-2010, 05:09 PM   #3
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Supplements

Fat Loss = Anabolic Addiction Phenom V1 and HT-8

Other Supps
--ON BCAAs
--Scivation Essential FA
--LG Sciences BC + EAA
--Multivitamin
--Milk Thistle
--Muscle Gauge Cinnamon Bun Whey Protein!

Share with Facebook
Old 03-15-2010, 05:09 PM   #4
glwanabe
glwanabe
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

In.

Shotgun, Lets go!
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 03-15-2010, 05:10 PM   #5
nighttrain
nighttrain
is heading back over the atlantic
Max Brawn
Points: 10,795, Level: 68 Points: 10,795, Level: 68 Points: 10,795, Level: 68

Air Hockey Average Champion! Football Frenzy Champion! Yahtzee! Champion!
Tournaments Won: 1

Training Exp: 20+
My Mood: Inspired
nighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beast

lets do this............

Share with Facebook
Old 03-15-2010, 05:13 PM   #6
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Diet Plan

--Zig zagging calories.
--Counting protein only. Generally a minimum of 250 grams a day.

Calories are 2300 per day, 5 days a week. On the day prior to squats and deadlifts, calories will be 2800. Once a month I will re-feed at 4000 calories.

Meals. I eat 7 meals a day. First 6 are lean protein/whey protein only. Last is whatever I feel like eating, as long as it's within my daily calorie range.

Share with Facebook
Old 03-15-2010, 05:20 PM   #7
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Day 1: 03/15/2010: Shoulders

Workout Time: 55 minutes

Workout Grade: A

Calories: 2800

Food Notes: Ate a half-serving of spicy Cheetos. Eating a frozen pizza for dinner. Also a small helping of roast beef, and a small bag of popcorn.

I was very tired prior to working out. Daily savings took it's toll on my energy. By the end of my workout I felt great. Great first day. Time to eat pizza and watch the movie Carriers.

One day down! I'm excited. this has been a good year, and I'm ready to close the deal.

BTN Press
185 x 8
185 x 7
185 x 5
185 x 5

Front Laterals
25's x 13
25's x 10

Upright Rows
105 x 10
105 x 10
105 x 10
105 x 7

Side Laterals
25's x 10
25's x 8

Rear Laterals
25's x 15
25's x 11

BTN Press - Burnout
95 x 20

Last edited by BendtheBar; 03-15-2010 at 06:56 PM.

Share with Facebook
Old 03-15-2010, 05:31 PM   #8
glwanabe
glwanabe
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Serious shoulder session! I'm liking it.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 03-15-2010, 05:39 PM   #9
HumanHorrorFilm
HumanHorrorFilm
has no status.
Wolfman of Ironsport
Max Brawn
Points: 8,040, Level: 60 Points: 8,040, Level: 60 Points: 8,040, Level: 60
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

My Mood: Aggressive
HumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beast

Good looking WO and again, good luck ont he cut.

I really enjoyed Carriers, although the gf wasnt as much of a fan. Chris Pine really brought it, although the one girl playing his bro's friend was nauseatingly bad.
"Before the Beginning, after the great war between Heaven and Hell, God created the Earth and gave dominion over it to the crafty ape he called Man. And to each generation was born a Creature of Light and a Creature of Darkness... and great armies clashed by night in the ancient war between good and evil. There was magic then. Nobility. And unimaginable cruelty. And so it was until the day that a false sun exploded over Trinity, and man forever traded away wonder for reason."

Reigning Undisputed MAB Beard Champion

HumanHorrorFilm is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 03-15-2010, 05:58 PM   #10
strkout35
strkout35
is starting the full body routine again
Max Brawn
Points: 10,027, Level: 66 Points: 10,027, Level: 66 Points: 10,027, Level: 66

My Mood: Mellow
strkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machine

great workout BTB! do BTN presses discomfort your shoulders at all while youre doing them? the few times i've tried them they felt unnatural and i felt a clicking in my shoulder on the way down even though i stopped at about my ears so now i just do them in front

_________Goals:__
Squat:______275
Deadlift:_____315
Bench:______185
Press:_______135

"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe"
strkout35 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook