Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > General Fitness & Health

Notices

General Fitness & Health Discuss general fitness. conditioning and health topics.

Old 03-08-2010, 03:21 PM   #11
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,353,670, Level: 100 Points: 1,353,670, Level: 100 Points: 1,353,670, Level: 100
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Sleep for me = Toss + Turn, Rinse and Repeat.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2010, 03:43 PM   #12
RickB
RickB
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 2,802, Level: 32 Points: 2,802, Level: 32 Points: 2,802, Level: 32
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

My Mood: Yeehaw
RickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good start

Well it's a fact that there is a REAL addiction to sugar. And the fact that you can't sleep when you don't eat big might have something to do with that. Maybe it's missing it. Carbs will definitely make you sleepy and with simple carb type foods, you'll have a short spike and then a steady but sure crash....and sleep like a fat baby

Not 100% on this as I don't know exactly what you are eating besides the 1/2 Little Debbie and 1600 calories, but one thing I was told for my situation is never have a big meal. I'm sleeping like a baby.

Oh but one thing that was tough at first was giving up milk. I always had a protein shake with milk before bed and sometimes another glass of milk. I'm not saying here that milk is bad, but it does have enough carbs that it caused an addiction in me.

My name is Rick and I'm a milkaholic......I've been milk free now for 3+ wks. (queue the crickets)
RickB is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 03-08-2010, 03:48 PM   #13
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,353,670, Level: 100 Points: 1,353,670, Level: 100 Points: 1,353,670, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

My overeating, when it happens on cuts, is usually with healthier foods/meals. I will simply eat more meat, or whatever we make for dinner. I also sometimes add milk. Of course, there are times when it wasn't food like this. But the point being that the good sleep comes from a full stomach, regardless of the type of food.

My post-workout sugar is simply to satisfy a craving I tend to have after working out.

Share with Facebook
Old 03-11-2010, 01:34 PM   #14
sneezingstardust
sneezingstardust
fat powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 4,948, Level: 44 Points: 4,948, Level: 44 Points: 4,948, Level: 44
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

My Mood: Cool
sneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributor

Two things:

melatonin, ZMA

These helped a LOT. Also, try not to go on the computer or watch any TV before you go to bed. Cutting down on stimulants in the later time of the day helps. Also, try saving some calories for a pre-bed meal, that seems to help.
sneezingstardust is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 03-15-2010, 04:58 PM   #15
Mombow111
Mombow111
has no status.
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,550, Level: 22 Points: 1,550, Level: 22 Points: 1,550, Level: 22
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Mombow111 has made some good postsMombow111 has made some good postsMombow111 has made some good postsMombow111 has made some good postsMombow111 has made some good postsMombow111 has made some good postsMombow111 has made some good postsMombow111 has made some good postsMombow111 has made some good posts

Personally I find the real trick of the matter is eating yourself into a food coma directly after the workout.
Mombow111 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 03-15-2010, 05:53 PM   #16
glwanabe
glwanabe
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 14,536, Level: 78 Points: 14,536, Level: 78 Points: 14,536, Level: 78

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

I take melatonin daily. My sleep schedule is fubared. I use to take zma, and I did sleep pretty well. Now instead of ZMA I take a zink, and magnesium tab before bed. I sleep prety well.

I cannot sleep when I have a full stomach. I need to eat several hours before bed, and not be to full feeling. I don't like to eat anything past 5:00pm on work day. I'm in bed around 07:00pm.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 03-15-2010, 06:18 PM   #17
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

I occasionally take a sleep stack of melatonin, GABA and phosphatidylserine. It helps slightly.

Share with Facebook
Old 03-19-2010, 12:00 AM   #18
HOOPIE
HOOPIE
has no status.
Lunatic Gym Rat
Brawn
Points: 996, Level: 16 Points: 996, Level: 16 Points: 996, Level: 16

My Mood: Cynical
HOOPIE has made some good postsHOOPIE has made some good postsHOOPIE has made some good postsHOOPIE has made some good postsHOOPIE has made some good postsHOOPIE has made some good postsHOOPIE has made some good postsHOOPIE has made some good posts

do you have trouble sleeping all the time or just when cutting?
HOOPIE is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 05-08-2010, 12:16 PM   #19
bas781
bas781
back
Brawn
Points: 689, Level: 13 Points: 689, Level: 13 Points: 689, Level: 13
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: deadlift
My Mood: Mellow
bas781 has made some very good postsbas781 has made some very good postsbas781 has made some very good postsbas781 has made some very good postsbas781 has made some very good postsbas781 has made some very good postsbas781 has made some very good postsbas781 has made some very good postsbas781 has made some very good postsbas781 has made some very good postsbas781 has made some very good posts

Noticed this thread is a couple months old. Any new developments on the sleep issue?
bas781 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 05-11-2010, 08:39 AM   #20
Kpettitt
Kpettitt
has no status.
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Brawn
Points: 2,298, Level: 28 Points: 2,298, Level: 28 Points: 2,298, Level: 28

My Mood: Cheeky
Kpettitt is a consistent contributorKpettitt is a consistent contributorKpettitt is a consistent contributorKpettitt is a consistent contributorKpettitt is a consistent contributorKpettitt is a consistent contributorKpettitt is a consistent contributorKpettitt is a consistent contributorKpettitt is a consistent contributorKpettitt is a consistent contributorKpettitt is a consistent contributor

I find that getting good healthy fats in before bed puts me to sleep like a baby..... I do 1/2C cottage cheese and about 1-2Tbsp of Peanut Butter or Almond Butter. But it sits heavy in my tummy and knocks me right out. I also try to limit my water intake after about 8pm.... 1am potty-breaks are no fun when you gotta get up at 3:45! lol
I drink endorush at @ 6pm... before dance class- but if I really push myself in the class- it doesn't even hold a candle to keeping me away. I'm zonked! But it gives me the energy I need during class.
My comments have not been evaluated by the FDA, do not constitute medical advice, and are not official or authorized comments by Anabolic Addiction, LLC.
kpettitt@anabolicaddiction.net
Kpettitt is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook