Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 07-06-2009, 11:21 AM   #11
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,478,514, Level: 100 Points: 1,478,514, Level: 100 Points: 1,478,514, Level: 100
Activity: 42% Activity: 42% Activity: 42%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

How is your lower back feeling? If you are feeling no ill effects from your current deadlift program, don't change. Especially if you're going up in weight.

I find that I need at least a few heavy singles each week to keep my strength up. I did 10 rest paused @ 405 for months, and my max didn't jump up. But when I add in a few singles, it goes up.

You are doing the right thing (IMHO) doing the lighter rep work last. It will feel lighter, and make the training feel like it's moving along.

bwys61 is more of a straight powerlifter then me, so don't hesitate to pick his brain.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2009, 11:22 AM   #12
jwood
jwood
has no status.
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn
Points: 22,072, Level: 92 Points: 22,072, Level: 92 Points: 22,072, Level: 92
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Push press
Fav Supp: Razor 8 Blast Powder
My Mood: Aggressive
jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast

Yea I was hoping he would throw some stuff out here but i may have to ask him directly, my lower back is sore, it feels stiff most of the time, and I know when I wake up tomorrow it will be very sore.

I also think that my body is still getting used to doing deadlifts so heavy. I have never done them this heavy on a consistent basis. But I do like what I am doing now and I will probably keep it this way for a while.
jwood is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 07-06-2009, 11:22 AM   #13
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,478,514, Level: 100 Points: 1,478,514, Level: 100 Points: 1,478,514, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

It sounds like your lower back is the weak part of the chain, which is great news. Being that up in strength, and your deadlift will go up.

My lower back never gets sore. It's always my upper back.

Maybe you could add in some good mornings on deadlift day every other week on a light deadlift day. Just thinking out loud. i am a huge fan of good mornings for both deads and squats. They really helped me.

But again, if your deadlift is going up...don't tweak anything just yet. Stick with what works

Share with Facebook
Old 07-06-2009, 11:22 AM   #14
jwood
jwood
has no status.
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn

jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast

I will definitely wait a while, but i agree that my lower back is my weak part. It always has lacked a littel and I really struggle with good mornings so hopefully when my deads stop going up it will just be my back. I hardly ever feel deadlifts in my upper back

Share with Facebook
Old 07-06-2009, 11:24 AM   #15
jwood
jwood
has no status.
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn

This evening I was messing around playing basketball with some friends and I forgot to tie my sneakers I wear them very lose and before I knew I completely rolled my ankle. It turned over pretty far, it has now swelled up like a balloon.

I didnt feel any popping or hear anything so hopefully it will just be sore for a couple days. I figure I can leave squats and deadlifts out of my workouts for a few days until it feels better.

Such terrible feeling though, hopefully only a minor setback. It is just feeling sore now, and I am able to put weight on it, so just a minor injury but a pain in my rear.

Share with Facebook
Old 07-06-2009, 11:25 AM   #16
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Hopefully it's just minor. Slap a cold pack on it, and hopefully you have no sharp pain in the morning. It you get sharp pain...well, time to visit the doc.

Share with Facebook
Old 07-06-2009, 11:25 AM   #17
jwood
jwood
has no status.
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn

no sharp pains really, just very sore swolen and some bruising developing. Gonna put some more ice on it and wrap it

Share with Facebook
Old 07-06-2009, 11:26 AM   #18
jwood
jwood
has no status.
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn

I did workout A today, but I did not squat due to my ankle injury but I was able to do everything else fine.

Bench press 5x5
285x3

T-bar rows 5x5
170x 5 sets of 5

Weghted dips
bw plus 50 x 6
bw plus 25 x 7
bw x 11

Hammer curls
55 x 10 reps x 1 set

Share with Facebook
Old 07-06-2009, 11:26 AM   #19
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Good job Jwood. When's the next squat day for you? Hopefully you'll be ready to go by then.

Share with Facebook
Old 07-06-2009, 11:26 AM   #20
jwood
jwood
has no status.
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn

next squat day will be wednesday, but monday is a deadlift day but I will have to see how that goes after this weekend. My ankle feels a lot better today so hopefully it is almost 100 % tomorrow

Share with Facebook