Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 05-03-2010, 11:03 PM   #1
SwollPuppy
SwollPuppy
has no status.
Brawn
Points: 317, Level: 6 Points: 317, Level: 6 Points: 317, Level: 6
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

SwollPuppy has made some quality postsSwollPuppy has made some quality postsSwollPuppy has made some quality postsSwollPuppy has made some quality postsSwollPuppy has made some quality postsSwollPuppy has made some quality posts
Default SwollPuppy's Log

Day 1

Weight: 270.0lbs

Workout: Chest and Shoulders - Heavy

Diet: 1,940 Calories
49% Protein
42% Fat
8% Carbs

Notes: Stil feeling sore from leg workout 3 days ago. Biceps are a little sore from arm workout 2 days ago. Other than that, feeling healthy and motivated for upcoming fitness challenge.

Thoughts: Here I am again. Day 1. I feel like I've had so many "Day 1's". I have had several Day 2's, a handful of 3's, and then something usually happens. Work got in the way and I had to work extra hours to make some deadline, thus throwing off workout/diet schedule. Someone was celebrating a birthday or holiday, and they don't have anything "clean". I tell myself that this will be the "cheat" meal, even though I just said that four days ago. Cheat meals turn into cheat days, and spill over into the next. Next thing I know, the whole training has been derailed... again. Next week will be "Day 1"... again.

Last night I did something I had never done before, I charted out my entire meals for today and had them prepared and waiting in their respecitve tupperware bins. I just finished setting up tomorrow's meals. Hopefully I can keep this habit up for the next set of weeks.

What's different this time? I'm doing this within Muscle and Brawn. Hopefully this site and its members will keep me on track.

The goal is a 12 week experiment; the experiment being to see how much more training will I need after 12 weeks. I really want this to work, and I'm excited to see how much will change during this time. Trying to focus on discipline, consistency, and patience.

I may not look like the way I want to look yet, but today I was on track. It was a good day and I'll take that for what it's worth.

Last edited by SwollPuppy; 05-08-2010 at 01:19 PM.
SwollPuppy is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2010, 11:18 PM   #2
CallmeKing
CallmeKing
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 3,800, Level: 38 Points: 3,800, Level: 38 Points: 3,800, Level: 38
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

My Mood: Drunk
CallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributor

Looks good so far. Stick to a good diet and stay consistent in the gym and you should do great.

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies with in us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
CallmeKing is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 05-03-2010, 11:22 PM   #3
Mombow111
Mombow111
has no status.
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,550, Level: 22 Points: 1,550, Level: 22 Points: 1,550, Level: 22
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Mombow111 has made some good postsMombow111 has made some good postsMombow111 has made some good postsMombow111 has made some good postsMombow111 has made some good postsMombow111 has made some good postsMombow111 has made some good postsMombow111 has made some good postsMombow111 has made some good posts

Looking forward to seeing you progress, you have any idea of where you eventually hope to end up with your weight?
Mombow111 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 05-04-2010, 08:40 AM   #4
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,508,150, Level: 100 Points: 1,508,150, Level: 100 Points: 1,508,150, Level: 100
Activity: 70% Activity: 70% Activity: 70%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwollPuppy View Post

Thoughts: Here I am again. Day 1. I feel like I've had so many "Day 1's". I have had several Day 2's, a handful of 3's, and then something usually happens.
I know exactly how you feel. I started adding weight in 1997 and have had hundreds of day ones.

Stick with it. We all want to see you do this.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 05-05-2010, 01:15 AM   #5
SwollPuppy
SwollPuppy
has no status.
Brawn

SwollPuppy has made some quality postsSwollPuppy has made some quality postsSwollPuppy has made some quality postsSwollPuppy has made some quality postsSwollPuppy has made some quality postsSwollPuppy has made some quality posts

Day 2

Weight: 267.5lbs

Workout: Hamstrings & Calves

Diet: 2,032 Calories
46% Protein
46% Fat
8% Carbs

Notes: Woke up fully reminded that I worked out shoulders yesterday. Chest is sore when I flex it. Legs feel fully recovered and ready for hamstrings today

Thoughts: So far diet has been ok. Having laid out my meals has really helped. Knowing the amount of protein I'm taking in, I don't feel as worried that I'm not eating enough and am losing size. Even though I'm noticing that I'm hungry, pacing my meals to about two and a half hours keeps me from feeling like I'm starving.

I'm not deluding myself into thinking that I actually lost 2.5lb since yesterday. Good chance the difference had to be what was and was not in my system between measurements. Plus, since I'm really conscious of my carb intake now, my guess is the first couple of pounds will be water weight. Anyways, if the scale is above 267.5 tomorrow, I'll try not to be bummed out about it. As long as it's down (or still down) by the end of the week.

I'm actually geeking out a bit in that I created a food calculator using Excel and some linear algebra. Now I can plop in a protein source, a fat source, and figure out how much of each I should have in a meal. Making a small chart out of my favorite foods, I have discovered that cashews have more carbs than I want to take in and are now dropped from my list of foods, a little olive oil goes a long way, and I should probably invest in some egg whites.

@Mombow111: Right now I would like to get into the 240 range. I've been able to achieve that before by eating real clean. After that, I'll start to experiment with other diet strategies. My goal is to compete at just under 225lb. Hopefully that way I'll have a physique that should dominate the Heavyweight class.

Thanks everyone for the comments. The support really is a big help.

Last edited by SwollPuppy; 05-05-2010 at 01:17 AM.

Share with Facebook
Old 05-06-2010, 01:19 AM   #6
SwollPuppy
SwollPuppy
has no status.
Brawn

Day 3

Weight: 262.5lbs

Workout: Back (Width) and Biceps

Diet: 1,909 Calories
48% Protein
45% Fat
7% Carbs

Notes: Chest was plenty sore today. Hamstrings didn't really begin getting sore until end of the day. Must be the D in DOMS.

Thoughts: The new food calculator is coming in handy. I was able to whip up a quick meal of protein powder and olive oil in a pinch. Almost ran into a scheduling problem with afternoon meal (I wasn't near my meals when I was supposed to be). I wasn't off by too much, but I'll have to make sure that scenario doesn't happen again.

Knowing what exactly I'm taking in and taking control of my meals is both empowering and a relief. I'm not worried that I might have eaten too much and set back the diet, and the I'm not worried that I didn't eat enough and that I'll lose my gains. I know I'm going to lose some muscle, but it definitely takes the stress out. It feels like I'm finally doing something right in my path to becoming a bodybuilder.

With all of this newfound planning, my friends wanted to know what competition date I was aiming for. I'm not setting one right now, because as much as it's good to set a specific goal, I've done that in the past, and I've always let myself down. Letting myself down has led to more setbacks (nothing says "screw it" like a tub of ice cream). So this time, I'm just aiming to see how far I can get my body in the amount of time I'm giving it. From there, I'll see if a competition is within reach.

Worst case scenario, maybe I'll qualify for the Masters by the time I'm finally ready.

Share with Facebook
Old 05-06-2010, 05:33 AM   #7
jslep
jslep
wants to be BTB when he grows up
Max Brawn
Points: 10,539, Level: 68 Points: 10,539, Level: 68 Points: 10,539, Level: 68
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

2D Knock-Out Champion! Lost for Words - Football Teams Champion!
Training Exp: 15 years
Fav Exercise: bench and moar bench
Fav Supp: red meat
My Mood: Devilish
jslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beast

wow 8 lbs in 3 days is some serious loss my friend.

do you plan on posting some of your workouts and possible some pics to this log?
jslep is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 05-06-2010, 10:46 AM   #8
SwollPuppy
SwollPuppy
has no status.
Brawn

Yeah, I'm really happy with what the scale says, but I don't think it's all fat loss (and hopefully not muscle loss). Considering that I've had just over 100g carbs over the last three days combined, I really think that it's mostly water loss. I also noticed that in the gym, I didn't look as defined. My guess is that as I'm depleting my body of carbs, I'm going to look flatter. But definitely, the dropping numbers have been motivational.

I still don't feel quite photogenic at the moment, but then again, the "after" picture is more impressive if there is a "before" picture to compare it to, so I'll see if I can get something posted soon. My workouts seem to vary in that they're based mostly on what machine or station is available at the time. I'm refining my workout log mostly to assure myself that I'm not losing my strength gains, so I'll probably start posting those numbers as well.

Share with Facebook
Old 05-06-2010, 03:46 PM   #9
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,508,150, Level: 100 Points: 1,508,150, Level: 100 Points: 1,508,150, Level: 100
Activity: 70% Activity: 70% Activity: 70%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Diet is looking good. This low carb approach I think is really going to work well. Keep that momentum up.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 05-07-2010, 01:48 AM   #10
SwollPuppy
SwollPuppy
has no status.
Brawn

Day 4

Weight: 261.5lbs

Rest Day

Diet: 1,880 Calories
48% Protein
47% Fat
5% Carbs

Notes: Noticed that hamstrings and calves have been pretty sore most of the day. Biceps started getting sore by the end of the day. Hopefully legs will be up for workout on Saturday

Thoughts: I thought that after the second day of the diet, I would be able to handle this. Calculating meals, knowing what my daily intake was going to be, everything should be fine. However, today, I seemed really aware of carbs around me. My coworker had some type of Vietnamese dish which normally I wouldn't notice, but today just smelled phenomenal. Someone else had a brownie that looked really good too. In the end, I'm glad to say that I did not cheat.

I played a little fast and loose with the diet today. Instead of having everything planned out from the night before, I sort of made up meals on the fly, just verifying that they hit the right numbers each time. I also spread it out over 7 meals insteady of 6. Eating less per meal, timing definitely was more noticeable. Right around the 2 hour mark, I was ready for the next meal.

Tomorrow is another rest day, making sure that my legs are ready for their next punishment. I'm looking forward to how my legs will feel after the workout, but I'm dreading the squat rack already.

Last edited by SwollPuppy; 05-08-2010 at 01:14 PM.

Share with Facebook