Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 07-06-2009, 10:00 AM   #11
BRaWNy
BRaWNy
is training for Muscle and Force Development
Pain Master
Max Brawn
Points: 3,850, Level: 39 Points: 3,850, Level: 39 Points: 3,850, Level: 39
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Mahjong XY Champion!Tournaments Won: 2

Training Exp: ~20 years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Snatch High Pull
Fav Supp: Fish-oils
My Mood: Lonely
BRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributor

Maybe it's better if you move the incline bench press at Thursday and divide the work more equal.
Mondays - Flat Bench
Thursdays - Incline Bench

an put the speed bench anywhere the same day with one of these

You said:
My weak point in my bench is off the chest definitely.

I feel like I have may have flaws in my form that prevent me from moving up more in weight. i use a very wide grip and i am thinking it might be too wide and it is not allowing my body to use more muscles during bench.

Does this mean that you are shoulder/tricep dominant when benching for chest?
and when you put them (delts/tris) slightly out of the game and expect the most to be done from the pec muscles and because you are weak with this leverage or in the pec muscles, in relation with the others involving in the bench press your poundages doesn't come up?

If your target is to go up in poundages and not so much in pec development, then you should bench more with your best leverages and with the stronger or better for this job muscles, I think.
If you interested more in pec development, then you should stay the same and working the weak leverages, and/or focusing more with pec involvement instead of delts and tris.

If you want both, you can use it all and mix it.

P.S.
Dips with widegrip are also good to try, for focusing on pec development
BRaWNy is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2009, 10:01 AM   #12
jwood
jwood
has no status.
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn
Points: 21,289, Level: 91 Points: 21,289, Level: 91 Points: 21,289, Level: 91
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Push press
Fav Supp: Razor 8 Blast Powder
My Mood: Aggressive
jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast

Well I am not sure about all of that leverage stuff, but I am taking more of a power approach, so I tightened my grip a little and everything felt tighter. Also as my weights were getting higher with a wide grip I felt stress in my shoulders. My bench felt better today so I will stick with the tighter grip. I am more focused on power and upping my weight than developing my pecs. Thank you for your help.

I think what you are saying is that if I want to go up in weight I need to use my best leverage and I think I have found it with a bit tighter grip.
jwood is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook