Old 03-13-2010, 03:23 PM   #1
lefthookright
lefthookright
has no status.
Uber Brawn
Points: 636, Level: 12 Points: 636, Level: 12 Points: 636, Level: 12
Activity: 19% Activity: 19% Activity: 19%

My Mood: Aggressive
lefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributor
Default Anything From 3-5

So my last journal was a madcows template somewhat after a while it fell apart with track season and musical so now I'm restarting a set progression. Madcows is a great way for any of you to train and I recommend it 100% it's great intermediate linear progression.

This set progression includes taking main movements and the latest numbers I've hit:
Squat 190x5
Deadlift 225x5 [going to start using picture perfect form I just realized how off my current form is this was actually a part struggle]
Bench Press 165x3
Close Grip BP 145x5
BTN Push Presh 145x4
Overhead Press ???
Squat Clean ???
Full Snatch ???[learning form in both of these]
Front Squat 155x7
Cheat Rows 185x7
Pullups x10 [adding weight next time]

Basically it is somewhat like Max OT but instead of 4-6 I'm using 3-5 as Max OT is a mix strength and mass program but I'd like more strength and I love hitting triples probably more than anything else lol.

So as soon as I hit 5 reps you add weight and go for 3 until you get five. Ideally I'd love to do fullbody A B C with this or A B butttt the way the throwers go we do push pull legs so I'm not really sure how everything's gonna work but so far I'm pretty confident with this. So lets grab things and lift them 3-5 times
lefthookright is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2010, 03:25 PM   #2
lefthookright
lefthookright
has no status.
Uber Brawn

lefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributorlefthookright is a consistent contributor

Also today I did a bit of grip towel chin-ups and some CoC work I'll hopefully have my CoC #2 closed soon!

Share with Facebook
Old 03-13-2010, 04:02 PM   #3
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,508,236, Level: 100 Points: 1,508,236, Level: 100 Points: 1,508,236, Level: 100
Activity: 70% Activity: 70% Activity: 70%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Sounds like an interesting approach. Lots of Olympic lifts. I could see where this might be difficult even on an AB split. How many sets are you doing for each lifter per day?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 03-13-2010 at 04:06 PM.
BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 03-14-2010, 10:00 AM   #4
lefthookright
lefthookright
has no status.
Uber Brawn

For each exercise I'm thinking 2 quick warmup sets with about 50% around 10 reps with about a minute and a half rest and then 2 or 3 weight acclimation sets with bout the same rest then my one workset. This shouldnt take me too long I'd love to do an A B C fullbody but I'll probably just end up putting all the push pulls and legs together to hit it all a little more than once a week.
And I'm looking to get into olympic lifting at least just for fun. I'm getting somewhat down the full clean but the full snatch I'll need to work on so I'll grab the football coach for a little coaching. Should be interesting.

Share with Facebook
Old 03-14-2010, 10:22 AM   #5
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,508,236, Level: 100 Points: 1,508,236, Level: 100 Points: 1,508,236, Level: 100
Activity: 70% Activity: 70% Activity: 70%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I really wish I knew about Olympic lifts when I was younger. I would have loved to give them some long term love.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 03-14-2010, 10:30 AM   #6
lefthookright
lefthookright
has no status.
Uber Brawn

One thing I'm still waiting for is that big testosterone surge when hopefully my lifts and LBM will fly hopefully I haven't had it all already seeing as I'm only 15

Share with Facebook
Old 03-15-2010, 09:29 PM   #7
lefthookright
lefthookright
has no status.
Uber Brawn

Ok today started this routine off today it was push day [I'd rather have 1 move for each push pull legs olympic each day but whatevs]
So I worked up to 165x3 on bench which I've been stuck at for a while now
BTN push press the first time I did this I didn't get one rep but I guess I was a bit off balance for attempt#2 I got
145x5 moving to 150 next week
Did some random medicine ball throwing stuff 5 sets of 15 with a 5kg med ball. And then 4 sets of 10 on skull crushers [I had to do both those at that time]
So my tris were trashed so I was surprised I got 150x3 on CGBP coulda got 5 without the excess stuff but I'll have it next time easy. Pretty good workout not unhappy

Share with Facebook
Old 03-15-2010, 09:31 PM   #8
jwood
jwood
has no status.
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn
Points: 22,250, Level: 92 Points: 22,250, Level: 92 Points: 22,250, Level: 92
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Push press
Fav Supp: Razor 8 Blast Powder
jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast

Looking good SO, your bench will come keep hammering those triceps. Bench is my most stubborn lift, very difficult to increase.

Keep up the hard work

Share with Facebook
Old 03-16-2010, 06:14 PM   #9
lefthookright
lefthookright
has no status.
Uber Brawn

Ok so today we worked on form for shot and discus.
For both we just worked on power versions [just standing in one spot]
Threw the shot about 28 feet or so disc idk lol but felt good coulda got farther in shot but my arms were really sore
Went to the weight room warmed up loaded the bar to 195 did 3 reps not even to parallel.
But it gets better
Get focused tell myself I got this make some adjustements focus on hip drive cue and get 5 reps with it so moving to 200 pounds next week.
Did some front squats right after because we had to leave. So loaded up 160 and did 3 reps which is pretty good right after 2 heavy sets of back squats going for 5 reps next time. Also before this I did some hand snatch pulls for form good workout

Share with Facebook
Old 03-17-2010, 05:55 PM   #10
lefthookright
lefthookright
has no status.
Uber Brawn

Ok today more shot form work went to the weight room warmed up and work set for deads was 235x6 with picture perfect form so I was happy I know I said 5 reps but I wanted to just get perfect form in my head.
Did some pullups 4 pullups with 10 pounds on so going for 5 next time
Some hyperextensions with a 25 plate I think I did 10

Share with Facebook