Max Brawn
Points: 2,274, Level: 28 Points: 2,274, Level: 28 Points: 2,274, Level: 28
Activity: 21% Activity: 21% Activity: 21%

Training Exp: Less than a year
Training Type: 4 Day Split
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
My Mood: Cool
CaseyB1987 is a dedicated contributorCaseyB1987 is a dedicated contributorCaseyB1987 is a dedicated contributorCaseyB1987 is a dedicated contributorCaseyB1987 is a dedicated contributorCaseyB1987 is a dedicated contributorCaseyB1987 is a dedicated contributorCaseyB1987 is a dedicated contributorCaseyB1987 is a dedicated contributorCaseyB1987 is a dedicated contributorCaseyB1987 is a dedicated contributor

Your working hard man, I bet you'll do pretty good at the meet.

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2014, 01:41 PM   #82
Soldier
Soldier
is judging you.
Max Brawn
Points: 14,510, Level: 78 Points: 14,510, Level: 78 Points: 14,510, Level: 78
Activity: 56% Activity: 56% Activity: 56%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
My Mood: Inspired
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

Thanks Casey.

Couple quick updates-

1. The hard mass under my left nipple has disappeared. It must be because the test is kicking in, but that's odd because my natural test was back up already after PCT and the mass didn't go away until I was on again. I'm going to count this as a win, because I was concerned that tren might actually make it worse. Hopefully I won't have any further issues.

2. My legs are FRIED after my squat session Thursday. I haven't been this sore in quite a while. I'm also calling this one a win, because it's been a while since I've been able to actually push my legs this hard. My hips have hurt too much. I think the combination of accommodating resistance along with some standard raw work is just what the doctor ordered. My joints don't hurt, but my muscles are sore as hell. I'm just hoping I'm ready to go tomorrow because it'll be time to do some more squats and bench.

3. My cycle is kicking in nicely. In about another week I should be fully "on" and have a good sense of how I'm reacting to the tren. A couple weeks after that my strength should start to come up nicely. I am, however, going to be cutting through this cycle even though it's a meet prep cycle. I'll probably still be right around 242 coming into the meet since the orals I'm adding in for the last 25 days should cause my weight to come up quite a bit. I need to drop a few pounds to allow this increase. Losing some fat will be nice too.

Last edited by Soldier; 08-03-2014 at 12:20 PM.
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 08-03-2014, 01:03 PM   #83
Soldier
Soldier
is judging you.
Max Brawn

Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

Squat and bench. The side effects of tren are starting to creep in. My sleep is not the best, I feel very hot at night, and I'm feeling under the weather, but all of these sides are mild and aren't really causing me any problems. I also knew they were coming, so no surprises yet which is good.

Squats felt pretty great today. I'm working on bracing my core by flexing the crap out of my abs. When I pull it off I pop out of the hole fast and strong. Hopefully this will make a difference once I get up towards 500 come meet day.

Squat with belt and chains-
45x1 paused
45x1 paused
135x5
185x5
185+30x5
225+30x5
225+50x5
275+50x5
315+50x5

There may have been some more sets and weights in there but it's hard to remember everything when you have chains and bar weight to remember.

Raw bench with chains-
45x a bunch
135x a bunch
185x5
225x5
225+30x5
225+50x5
255x3
275x1*
245+30x1
245+50x1

*At this point I lowered the reps. I was having trouble holding my setup doing multiple reps and I was getting really tired from getting set up over and over.

GMs from the pins with chains-
135x10
135+30x10
185x8
155+30x8
155+50x8
155+50x8

CG 1 board press-
135x a bunch
185x10
225x5

CG dead press from the pins at approx. 2 board height-
135x8
135x8
185x5
185x5

This was a fairly good session. I'm feeling strong, but the weights aren't really moving any better than they were a couple weeks ago. I'm just going to keep pounding it and I'm sure the numbers will start to climb in the next couple weeks.

The focus on bench is technique, technique, technique. The weights move better when I arch as hard as possible and stick my belly up into the air. It doesn't FEEL as explosive when I maintain my arch the whole time, but the weights move more easily so I'm going to stick with it. It also hurts my elbows a little when I don't arch as hard and bring the weights higher on my chest.

By the way, my weight this morning was 246. Yup, even though I've been eating less them 2500 cals a day I've gained 4lb. This is annoying, so I'm going into full cut mode. I ate around 2000 cals yesterday and 2000 will be the standard daily intake for the next couple weeks, depending on what my weight is doing. If I wasn't in the Army I'd say screw it, just keep eating and lift in the 275 class, but that's not possible. I need to be under 240. Hopefully since I'm on cycle I should be able to build some muscle, cut some fat, and build some strength all at the same time. The biggest thing will be controlling my diet. I've got this.

Share with Facebook
Old 08-04-2014, 08:14 PM   #84
Soldier
Soldier
is judging you.
Max Brawn

The scale made me a happy boy this morning by saying 245.1. Still higher than I want, but I've got a few weeks to get it back down below 240. Most of the day today I ate next to nothing, then tonight I went out with my family and got some BBQ (mostly meat with a few pieces of bread), then had some ice cream as a little cheat meal/carb up for my main deadlift day for the week which will be tomorrow.

My intake will drop again dramatically tomorrow to below 2k cals. I'm feeling very good about my diet right now and having no problems when I need to cut my intake down. It helps that I know that my cycle is running through my veins and helping make sure I don't lose any muscle no matter how hard I diet.

Much deadlifting and military pressing will take place tomorrow. It should be a fun time.

Share with Facebook
Old 08-05-2014, 01:59 PM   #85
Soldier
Soldier
is judging you.
Max Brawn

Today I felt exhausted soon after I started training. Once again, tren is to blame, and my low intake isn't helping. That being said, I mustered the energy to push through and ended up with a pretty massive PR. At this point I'm thinking 1300+ is in the bag if I can pace myself and stay healthy.

Deficit deadlift-
135x5
225x5
315x3
405x3
405x3

Standing OHPs-
45x a bunch
95x a bunch
135x5
135x5
135x5

I normally do my OHPs seated in a rack, but they don't have any of those racks at the gym where I was today, so I tried to do them standing. It didn't work well. I haven't done ANY overhead work while standing, and I immediately had trouble with my balance and felt a ton of tightness in my lower back. So I switched to...

Standing OHPs from the pins-
45x a bunch
135x5
135x5
185x5
135x8
135x8

I didn't really fare much better on these, but being able to set the bar down between reps helped take the strain off my lower back. I think I'm going to start doing my OHP rep work on this day and do my heavy work on my assistance day. That way I can go to the gym with the rack I need and avoid hurting my lower back.

Back to deadlifts...

Low block pulls, about 2" off the ground-
225x5
315x3
405x3
495x3
545x1 PR

545 is a pretty massive PR, even though it was a block pull. I was just barely higher than a normal pull from the ground and I definitely could have pulled it with a full ROM. It looks like I'm going to be relying on my deadlift to really give me a good total on meet day. I know that most people pull less on meet day because it's the last lift, but it seems like even when I'm tired I can still get quite a bit of weight off the ground. I should get at LEAST 545 on meet day, and hopefully 20-30lb more than that.

Squats and bench Thursday. Hopefuly the PRs keep coming.

Share with Facebook
Old 08-05-2014, 02:14 PM   #86
skids
skids
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 4,436, Level: 42 Points: 4,436, Level: 42 Points: 4,436, Level: 42
Activity: 19% Activity: 19% Activity: 19%

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Meat, Milk,
My Mood: Sleepy
skids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beast

Your going real good Soldier , I hope the hip sorts it self out.

I'm anticipating a awesome meet

Share with Facebook
Old 08-05-2014, 05:30 PM   #87
Soldier
Soldier
is judging you.
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by skids View Post
Your going real good Soldier , I hope the hip sorts it self out.

I'm anticipating a awesome meet
Thanks Skids. My hip has actually stopped causing me any problems. Here's what I did-

1. I brought in more accommodating resistance which took the pressure off the bottom of the squat. I use just enough free squatting to make sure I'm still strong out of the hole.

2. I started properly bracing my core by flexing my abs and pushing out into my belt before beginning my descent. When I did this all of a sudden the pressure on my hips disappeared and I felt far stronger out of the hole.

If I can bring it all together then 500 raw will be mine!

Share with Facebook
Old 08-05-2014, 08:35 PM   #88
Soldier
Soldier
is judging you.
Max Brawn

Bad news. Or at least, frustrating news. I had planned EVERYTHING around doing a specific meet. I had already talked to my wife about going, and she seemed fine with it even though she's pregnant and we'll probably have a 1 month old son when the meet happens. Because of this I asked her over and over if she was cool with me doing it, but evidently we still had a breakdown of communication. Now that it's actually time to mail in my entry form, all of a sudden my wife is basically not down at all.

I'm going to vent now.

She does this shit ALL THE TIME. She says she feels a certain way, but then when it actually becomes a REAL THING that's actually happening, she freaks the fuck out. She's also setting a new fucking record for being unsupportive. It turns out she thought that I was just going to do ONE MEET. One fucking meet, then I wasn't going to powerlift anymore. I want to COACH POWERLIFTERS in the future. I want to be a part of powerlifting. No, I'm not going to do one fucking meet. She also complained about the time I put into it, which is complete and utter bullshit. I train DURING THE FUCKING WORK DAY, more often than not. My training hardly ever takes away from family time. Yet whenever I remind her that I need to train on the weekends (which I do every fucking weekend), she rolls her eyes at me like I'm going out of my way to inconvenience her.

But then she lambasts me about how I need to support her with her beachbody coaching. She so hypocritical sometimes it makes me fucking sick. I used to have lots of hobbies. I've dropped every single one, except for the one I get to do during normal work hours, which is lifting. It's also something I'm passionate about, which evidently doesn't mean shit to my wife.

I was already planning on not taking any AAS for a while after this cycle for financial reasons, but she also said tonight that she thought I'd be done with it after this. It doesn't fucking work that way. I don't WANT to go back. I want to be the best I can be and do this one thing just for me.

Once we are financially on solid footing again, I'm going to take more steroids. And I'm not doing this meet, but I'm going to do one as soon as I can.

My son is the most important thing. That's basically the only thing my wife and I agree on right now, but at least we have common ground on what matters most. My wife is entering the most intense part of her pregnancy and she's going to need my support. And I'm going to give it to her, even if she doesn't seem to feel the need to return the favor. Once this kid is out and healthy I'll find a meet to do, whether my wife likes it or not.

I'm sure once the kids start to become more independent things will start to smooth out. I really like my wife, and I like our family. I'm sure she'll start to chill out a little once our kids are not a 24 hour a day responsibility.

I'm going to stay on my current cycle and still peak as originally planned. Then I'll do a mock meet and get true maxes for all 3 lifts so I get a good idea of how my training went and how my cycle worked out in reference to my performance. Maybe I'll also just go watch a meet with my family so we all get an introduction to it without the responsibility of having to actually compete.

Share with Facebook
Old 08-06-2014, 04:06 AM   #89
skids
skids
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 4,436, Level: 42 Points: 4,436, Level: 42 Points: 4,436, Level: 42
Activity: 19% Activity: 19% Activity: 19%

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Meat, Milk,
My Mood: Sleepy
skids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beast

Ahh Hell, Sucks about the Power Lifting , Congrats on the new baby . There will be plenty of meets in the future.

Share with Facebook
Old 08-06-2014, 07:18 AM   #90
Soldier
Soldier
is judging you.
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by skids View Post
Ahh Hell, Sucks about the Power Lifting , Congrats on the new baby . There will be plenty of meets in the future.
Exactly. I'm annoyed, but there are more important things to worry about. I'm still going to peak and get my 1300 total though, it just won't be official.

Share with Facebook