Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements > Supplement Logs

Notices

Supplement Logs Roll your supplement logs here.

Old 05-20-2014, 08:45 PM   #1
Hywelbane
Hywelbane
Brb lifting
Max Brawn
Points: 3,090, Level: 34 Points: 3,090, Level: 34 Points: 3,090, Level: 34
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 8
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Condense
My Mood: Yeehaw
Hywelbane is a lifting machineHywelbane is a lifting machineHywelbane is a lifting machineHywelbane is a lifting machineHywelbane is a lifting machineHywelbane is a lifting machineHywelbane is a lifting machineHywelbane is a lifting machineHywelbane is a lifting machineHywelbane is a lifting machineHywelbane is a lifting machine
Default Getting Yolked with Purus Labs Noxygen

Thanks to Randoja and the Purus Labs team for this opportunity to try another product from an outstanding company.

Noxygen

Supplement Facts:

Serving Size: 1 Scoop (2.8g)
Servings Per Container: 40

Amount Per Serving
Carbohydrates 1.5g <1%
Sugar Alcohol (as HydroMax glycerine) 1.5
Sodium 65mg 3%
NO3-TMG Blend 740mg
Beet Root Extract (std. min. 70% betaine nitrate), Nitratene (FCC-grade sodium nitrate)

Initial thoughts: One of the smallest supplement containers I've seen before. The scoop is also tiny to accommodate for 40 true servings. Packaging is always sleek and eye catching.
The product itself is very clumpy which I assume is due to the sugar alcohol glycerine. This makes the product have a sort of moist feel to it. If you plan on using a funnel make sure you have a toothpick and a good 5 minutes to force this stuff through the hole.

Previous Logs:
Condense/D-pol http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15439
Amino-D/Slinshot http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16226

About Me: Currently coming off a cut where I went from 200 to 175. Going to very slowly bulk or maintain and try to get as much lean mass as possible while getting strong.

Current Lifts:
Bench: 315x4
Squat: 405x7
Deadlift: 485x3
All weighing either 176 or 177.

I'll be taking Noxygen about 30-45 minutes pre-workout mixed with some gatorade. Then 10 minutes before my workout I take Condense.

I'll mostly be judging Noxygen on pump and endurance.

Hywelbane is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2014, 08:48 PM   #2
Hywelbane
Hywelbane
Brb lifting
Max Brawn

Hywelbane is a lifting machineHywelbane is a lifting machineHywelbane is a lifting machineHywelbane is a lifting machineHywelbane is a lifting machineHywelbane is a lifting machineHywelbane is a lifting machineHywelbane is a lifting machineHywelbane is a lifting machineHywelbane is a lifting machineHywelbane is a lifting machine
Default Day 1

Pump: 9/10 Legs felt HUGE. They were pumped to the point of hardly walking after my main lift only.
Endurance: 8/10 Even though my legs were more pumped than they have been in a long time I still powered through the workout with ease.
Mixability: 10/10 Out of the container I was very skeptical that this stuff would even dissolve or if I'd be trying to swallow clumps. Thankfully it mixed almost instantly and after 2 or 3 shakes it was completely dissolved.
Taste: 10/10 It gets a 10 because there is absolutely no taste! Other flavorless products I've tried usually leave me with a bitter aftertaste. The only thing I may have noticed was it slightly changed the smoothness of my gatorade.

Not sure if Noxygen or placebo, but the pump was definitely more apparent today.

Workout:

Squat:
135x5 Got uncomfortably tight. No pain.
225x3 Felt a little twinge.
315x1 The heaviness of the weight helped me get even tigher, no pain.
365x1 Felt good.
Add wraps
405x7 Rep PR Once completing my target rep of 4 I realized this was the amount of weight where I should stop or my back would flare again. I went for a rep PR instead of adding weight for another 4 rep set.

3 second Pause Squats:
225x6
225x6
225x6
225x6 Held the last rep for a count of 9

Leg Extensions:
12x10
14x10
14x10

Single Leg Curls:
4x12
4x12
4x12

Planks:
BWx60seconds
BWx60seconds
BWx60seconds

Have been having a bit of back pain issues, nothing big, but watching it carefully.

Last edited by Hywelbane; 05-20-2014 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Mixability/Taste

Share with Facebook
Old 05-20-2014, 08:55 PM   #3
Randoja
Randoja
was born to squat.
Powered by Purus
Max Brawn
Points: 7,336, Level: 56 Points: 7,336, Level: 56 Points: 7,336, Level: 56

Training Exp: 12 years on and off.
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat/Bench/Dead
Fav Supp: Whole Milk
My Mood: Mo Fo
Randoja is a master memberRandoja is a master memberRandoja is a master memberRandoja is a master memberRandoja is a master memberRandoja is a master memberRandoja is a master memberRandoja is a master memberRandoja is a master memberRandoja is a master memberRandoja is a master member

Nice work bro, you are gonna like this stuff, especially stacking with condense. You are right on why its clumpy, no way around it. Mixes no problem though. Hope the back feels better. Damn, grats on the 405x7, challenge accepted haha.

Purus Labs Rep
Mobile post
www.puruslabs.net
www.unbreakablegear.com <--Save 10% on apparel with coupon code MAB10!
Meet PR's:451/270/501 (181) 479/270/529 (198) Best Total: 1212@181 1278@198
Randoja is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Old 05-20-2014, 09:04 PM   #4
CoopDawg
CoopDawg
goin beast mode
Max Brawn
Points: 11,819, Level: 71 Points: 11,819, Level: 71 Points: 11,819, Level: 71
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: AAEFX K-OTIC
My Mood: Aggressive
CoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributor

its not just placebo, thought my chest was gonna blow lol and i never can get a chest pump, great stuff gonna start my log up soon as i get a chance, glad you guys clarifed on the clumpyness i was wondering but mixed simply in water with a few swirls
badass[bad-ass] adj. - the epitome of the American male. He radiates confidence in everything he does, whether itís lifting weights, ordering a drink, playing a sport, buying a car, or dealing with women. Heís slow to anger, yet brutally efficient when fighting back.
The badass carves his own path. He wears, drives, drinks, watches, and listens to what he chooses, when he chooses, where he chooses. Badass style is understated but instantly recognizable.
CoopDawg is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Old 05-20-2014, 09:09 PM   #5
Hywelbane
Hywelbane
Brb lifting
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randoja View Post
Nice work bro, you are gonna like this stuff, especially stacking with condense. You are right on why its clumpy, no way around it. Mixes no problem though. Hope the back feels better. Damn, grats on the 405x7, challenge accepted haha.

Purus Labs Rep
Mobile post
I didn't think much of it being clumpy after I mixed it. Will add that above.
The back is feeling great. Once I get really really tight it doesn't bother me at all. Thanks, I've got the reps in me, now I've just gotta give your 479 a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopDawg View Post
its not just placebo, thought my chest was gonna blow lol and i never can get a chest pump, great stuff gonna start my log up soon as i get a chance, glad you guys clarifed on the clumpyness i was wondering but mixed simply in water with a few swirls
Good to know it wasn't just in my head, my legs felt like they were going to pop.

Share with Facebook
Old 05-21-2014, 07:53 AM   #6
TDawg75
TDawg75
All Pro Fatback
Team Koolaid Man
Max Brawn
Points: 3,495, Level: 36 Points: 3,495, Level: 36 Points: 3,495, Level: 36
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: since 5/15/13
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: buffet plate carry
Fav Supp: Protein Powder
My Mood: Mellow
TDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machine

I'm glad you guys mentioned the clumpiness. I wasn't sure if that was normal or not. After reading y'all's reports, I'm even more excited to give mine a try.

Gym pr's- bench 330, DL 405, squat 450
Meet pr's- bench 350, dl 425, squat tbd
My new training log- http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17510
TDawg75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 05-21-2014, 08:40 AM   #7
PCT
PCT
needs to get shredded
Max Brawn
Points: 4,446, Level: 42 Points: 4,446, Level: 42 Points: 4,446, Level: 42
Activity: 19% Activity: 19% Activity: 19%

Training Exp: 5.75 years
Fav Exercise: DB Presses
Fav Supp: Purus Labs Amino.D
My Mood: Blah
PCT is a dedicated contributorPCT is a dedicated contributorPCT is a dedicated contributorPCT is a dedicated contributorPCT is a dedicated contributorPCT is a dedicated contributorPCT is a dedicated contributorPCT is a dedicated contributorPCT is a dedicated contributorPCT is a dedicated contributorPCT is a dedicated contributor

Nice log OP

Share with Facebook
Old 05-21-2014, 09:35 AM   #8
brad1224
brad1224
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 5,286, Level: 46 Points: 5,286, Level: 46 Points: 5,286, Level: 46
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Cake Of Chaos Champion!
brad1224 is a lifting machinebrad1224 is a lifting machinebrad1224 is a lifting machinebrad1224 is a lifting machinebrad1224 is a lifting machinebrad1224 is a lifting machinebrad1224 is a lifting machinebrad1224 is a lifting machinebrad1224 is a lifting machinebrad1224 is a lifting machinebrad1224 is a lifting machine

damn good leg day! 405 for 7 at 177??? thats crazy dude. keep it up

love the addition of the vid

***AAEFX REP***

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AllAmericanEFX
Twitter: @AllAmericanEFX
Instagram: @AAEFX

http://www.aaefx.com
brad1224 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 05-21-2014, 07:57 PM   #9
Hywelbane
Hywelbane
Brb lifting
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCT View Post
Nice log OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad1224 View Post
damn good leg day! 405 for 7 at 177??? thats crazy dude. keep it up

love the addition of the vid
Thanks guys

Share with Facebook
Old 05-21-2014, 08:03 PM   #10
Hywelbane
Hywelbane
Brb lifting
Max Brawn

Default Day 2

Pump: 9/10 I usually barely notice a pump on OHP, but today it pumped my chest up to the point of veins popping out. Had to cut out some sets of accessories because I was so pumped I couldn't do the exercises right. Also last nights pump and fullness lasted for hours after completing the workout.
Endurance: 8/10 It makes me feel like I can go just a bit longer and I've got more power in the mid-end of my workouts. Even if I'm sweating buckets I don't feel as out of breath. Hopefully this effect stays.

Workout:
OHP:
135x10
135x10
135x5 Rep goal of 25

Push press:
155x2
185x5

Pullups:
BWx8
BWx8
BWx8
BWx8

DB Row:
100x8
130x8
180x8

Standing Alt DB Curls ss DB Shrugs:
40x10 ss 100x20
40x10 ss 100x20
40x10 ss 100x20

Overhead triceps extension with rope:
70x10
70x10
70x10

Fairly easy body/pump day. 2 rest days ahead and then I deload my main exercises starting on Saturday with deadlift. Will still train accessories with moderate intensity.

Share with Facebook