Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Training Logs

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 04-22-2014, 06:30 AM   #21
ravimolasaria
ravimolasaria
Wanted to be as strong as a polar bear ...
Max Brawn
Points: 25,202, Level: 95 Points: 25,202, Level: 95 Points: 25,202, Level: 95
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Training Exp: 10
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Whatever makes me strong
My Mood: Yeehaw
ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!

Just saw your log ... Doing some nice working Chirag ... whatever program you follow, stick with it for some time followed by proper diet / rest ... Wts. will come along ... keep up the good work brother ...

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2014, 09:17 AM   #22
J_Byrd
J_Byrd
is the bomb!
Max Brawn
Points: 20,602, Level: 90 Points: 20,602, Level: 90 Points: 20,602, Level: 90
Activity: 40% Activity: 40% Activity: 40%

Spider Solitare Four Suit Champion! Pick Up Sticks 3D Champion!
Tournaments Won: 3

Training Exp: 15
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!

I would drop the power cleans and keep focus on building over all strength. Come back to them as you get stronger and it will help form. I have a feeling that the smaller muscles are failing causing form issues.

Proudly sponsored by

http://muscleandbrawn.com

http://bigworkoutplan.com/

http://www.andersonpowerlifting.com/Default.asp

"This is about strength, not getting a 10.0 form score from the Russian judge" Steve Shaw
J_Byrd is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 04-22-2014, 09:37 PM   #23
Chirag
Chirag
is trying to get strong
Brawn
Points: 364, Level: 7 Points: 364, Level: 7 Points: 364, Level: 7
Activity: 18% Activity: 18% Activity: 18%

Chirag has made some very good postsChirag has made some very good postsChirag has made some very good postsChirag has made some very good postsChirag has made some very good postsChirag has made some very good postsChirag has made some very good postsChirag has made some very good postsChirag has made some very good postsChirag has made some very good postsChirag has made some very good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravimolasaria View Post
Just saw your log ... Doing some nice working Chirag ... whatever program you follow, stick with it for some time followed by proper diet / rest ... Wts. will come along ... keep up the good work brother ...
Thanks man! That's the plan. No more program hopping
Chirag is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 04-22-2014, 09:38 PM   #24
Chirag
Chirag
is trying to get strong
Brawn

Chirag has made some very good postsChirag has made some very good postsChirag has made some very good postsChirag has made some very good postsChirag has made some very good postsChirag has made some very good postsChirag has made some very good postsChirag has made some very good postsChirag has made some very good postsChirag has made some very good postsChirag has made some very good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Byrd View Post
I would drop the power cleans and keep focus on building over all strength. Come back to them as you get stronger and it will help form. I have a feeling that the smaller muscles are failing causing form issues.
Thanks for the input! That was my initial thought too. I'll incorporate them as I get stronger probably after a couple of months. I want to get really strong on the core movements before changing anything or adding exercises.

Share with Facebook
Old 04-22-2014, 09:48 PM   #25
Chirag
Chirag
is trying to get strong
Brawn

Squats 145x5 145x5 145x5
Confidence under the bar is getting better. I tried filming a set of these but some jackass decided to do shrugs right next to the squat rack and block my recording. Hopefully get a vid up soon.

Bench 120x5 120x5 120x5
good lift today. Really tight throughout the movement.

Deadlift 195x5
My gym doesn't have round plates which makes deadlifting slightly awkward but I make it work. Felt awesome on these today.

Good workout overall ! Time to crush 150 squat 80 OHP and 105 Barbell Row!

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Old 04-23-2014, 09:15 AM   #26
OHDL
OHDL
Wants more milk!
Max Brawn
Points: 4,121, Level: 40 Points: 4,121, Level: 40 Points: 4,121, Level: 40
Activity: 23% Activity: 23% Activity: 23%

Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Milk
My Mood: Tired
OHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beast

Great work man! Kill it next time !

- Christopher Hitchens
OHDL is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 04-23-2014, 10:45 AM   #27
Chirag
Chirag
is trying to get strong
Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHDL View Post
Great work man! Kill it next time !
Thanks! Will do!

Share with Facebook
Old 04-25-2014, 09:22 PM   #28
Chirag
Chirag
is trying to get strong
Brawn

Squat 150x5 150x5 150x5
Felt awkward today with these. Form was shitty. I have some videos I'll post up when I get home later tonight. I think I'm treating these squats as a low bar and not keeping my back upright enough but I'll post videos later. 2 high bar vids and 1 low bar just for comparison.

OHP 80x5 80x5 80x5
Starting to get heavy with the weights but felt really good.

Pendlay rows 105x5 105x5 105x5
Nice and strong with these. I can't wait to get to 135 with these so that I don't have to use several plates to get the proper height. Really love rows and working on my back in general.

Good workout except for the squats today. Going to post the videos soon to fix form because that's definitely a big issue right now.

Though I should just mention my overall goals for this specific program. I want to milk linear progression for about 10 weeks or on this program then I'll be dropping the squats to twice a week for another 10-12 weeks with increasing weights workout to workout. These are just estimated times in my head so I have a general idea of how my training will be looking for a couple of months. I want to use linear progression just so that I can have a rapid initial progression on the core lifts then focus on really strengthening my body from head to toe with a few additional compound movements (lunges chins dips DB rows etc). Going to try to keep my programs as simple as possible and remain consistent!

Share with Facebook
Old 04-25-2014, 10:00 PM   #29
Chirag
Chirag
is trying to get strong
Brawn

Got the videos up! I'm sorry in advance for the crappy high bar footage.

High bar video is my second set. Had to film it by putting it on a 45 plate and awkwardly balancing it. This set was rough. 5th rep was a ball buster. I could not seem to get the form right today. My initial thought was that I shoot my hips far back because I'm used to low bar because I used that before. Any critique would help thank you guys in advance.

http://youtu.be/1Onzckw6BKY

Low Bar Form
Did this at the end of the workout and had some guy quickly film this set just to compare to my high bar squats. Couldn't get the same view for high bar because my phone was about died right after this video.

http://youtu.be/EPqxtvUQvFw

Any advice is welcomed! I have no problem using either style just want to use one with good form. Thank you !

Last edited by Chirag; 04-26-2014 at 07:28 AM.

Share with Facebook
Old 04-26-2014, 08:14 AM   #30
ravimolasaria
ravimolasaria
Wanted to be as strong as a polar bear ...
Max Brawn
Points: 25,202, Level: 95 Points: 25,202, Level: 95 Points: 25,202, Level: 95
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Training Exp: 10
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Whatever makes me strong
My Mood: Yeehaw
ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirag View Post
Squat 150x5 150x5 150x5
OHP 80x5 80x5 80x5
Pendlay rows 105x5 105x5 105x5
Good session Chirag ... keep pushing your limits buddy ...

Share with Facebook