Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 01-12-2010, 11:56 AM   #1
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,538,831, Level: 100 Points: 1,538,831, Level: 100 Points: 1,538,831, Level: 100
Activity: 51% Activity: 51% Activity: 51%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default Tribulus Warfare

Here's the scoop. I am constantly battling with a member on another forum over tribulus, and other test boosters. He is hardcore natty - as in all supplements are evil - and continually tells other forum members that tribulus and test boosters are useless.

I reply that they work to a varying degree, depending on the individual. I get benefit from them being an old fart. Morning wood comes back, and that isn't a placebo. I can't will hardons while sleeping. I also comment that PH users utilize test boosters en masse during PCT.

Personally, I believe that for the average Joe, trib and other test boosters can help normalize/regulate test levels, but they are by no means a magic pill.

What are your thoughts on tribulus and other test boosters? Are they useless, or do they have value?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2010, 01:02 PM   #2
jhuse2
jhuse2
has no status.
Big Tex
Max Brawn
Points: 2,522, Level: 30 Points: 2,522, Level: 30 Points: 2,522, Level: 30
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

My Mood: Happy
jhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good posts

I don't know about test. boosters. I wouldn't mind trying them later or adding them to my supplements when I work out. If I were to buy some, would brand do you recommend?
DEAD LIFTS: . . . . . . . .255/300/435
OVERHEAD PRESS: . . . . 110/135/170

Transformation Contest BULK
http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/tra...test-bulk.html
Workout Log
http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/tra...ngth-form.html
~HOT SH!T.. ROCK & ROLL~
jhuse2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 01-12-2010, 01:39 PM   #3
swoleramon
swoleramon
has no status.
Uber Brawn
Points: 3,568, Level: 37 Points: 3,568, Level: 37 Points: 3,568, Level: 37
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

My Mood: Stressed
swoleramon is new to the forumswoleramon is new to the forum

I always thought all test boosters were junk?

Share with Facebook
Old 01-12-2010, 02:06 PM   #4
kitarpyar
kitarpyar
is a rank novice now
Max Brawn
Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

Training Type: Fullbody
My Mood: Aggressive
kitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
What are your thoughts on tribulus and other test boosters? Are they useless, or do they have value?
No experience with any of this stuff. But last year, I was looking for some amino acid from Scivation and the lady at the GNC heard me wrong and thought I was asking for some kind of a test booster.

She started lecturing me about how young men have no business dabbling with test boosters since they dont derive much benefit and they are best left to the 40+ lifters (for whom, apparently, they are very useful - she attested that her 45 year old husband found the test boosters extremely useful, but advised a 20-something me to stay away from them).

As to the effectiveness of supps, this year is an interesting experiment for me - I am completely off supps (even not taking any protein shakes). Let me see if I can still make decent gains with just food and basic lifts.

Last edited by kitarpyar; 01-12-2010 at 02:08 PM.
kitarpyar is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 01-12-2010, 02:16 PM   #5
RickB
RickB
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 2,802, Level: 32 Points: 2,802, Level: 32 Points: 2,802, Level: 32
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

My Mood: Yeehaw
RickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good start

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitarpyar View Post
No experience with any of this stuff. But last year, I was looking for some amino acid from Scivation and the lady at the GNC heard me wrong and thought I was asking for some kind of a test booster.

She started lecturing me about how young men have no business dabbling with test boosters since they dont derive much benefit and they are best left to the 40+ lifters (for whom, apparently, they are very useful - she attested that her 45 year old husband found the test boosters extremely useful, but advised a 20-something me to stay away from them).

As to the effectiveness of supps, this year is an interesting experiment for me - I am completely off supps (even not taking any protein shakes). Let me see if I can still make decent gains with just food and basic lifts.
I think she is confusing it with PH's. What she said would apply to PH's but not a natural test booster. Key words = natural test booster. This boosts your natural levels...not giving you synthetic means of test.

I'll come clean now and let you guys know that I have my 15yr old son on a natural test booster. He's making gains, but I have no fear of it messing up his system AT ALL! He's been forgetting to take them on his second bottle, but he is still making gains. He's gone up 30 lbs on his bench since the beginning of this school year. But really I think he probably would have despite the test booster.

Now having said that. Placebos have their place in this world. And I think Natty test boosters are both slightly effective and very placebo for some. If that's what works for you then go with it. I never told my son of me having doubts about them.
RickB is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 01-12-2010, 02:31 PM   #6
BigFiveFive
BigFiveFive
is getting huge-er-er
White Mamba
Max Brawn
Points: 3,891, Level: 39 Points: 3,891, Level: 39 Points: 3,891, Level: 39
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Barbell Rows
Fav Supp: AMS Pump Fixx
BigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickB View Post
I think she is confusing it with PH's. What she said would apply to PH's but not a natural test booster. Key words = natural test booster. This boosts your natural levels...not giving you synthetic means of test.

I'll come clean now and let you guys know that I have my 15yr old son on a natural test booster. He's making gains, but I have no fear of it messing up his system AT ALL! He's been forgetting to take them on his second bottle, but he is still making gains. He's gone up 30 lbs on his bench since the beginning of this school year. But really I think he probably would have despite the test booster.

Now having said that. Placebos have their place in this world. And I think Natty test boosters are both slightly effective and very placebo for some. If that's what works for you then go with it. I never told my son of me having doubts about them.
I support test boosters I believe they do help and like to run them with supplement stacks...I actually need to pick one up

And the reason for my quote Rick, Be careful with Adam taking those, too much excess test converts into estrogen over time, we dont want that for the boy.
BigFiveFive is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 01-12-2010, 03:05 PM   #7
RickB
RickB
has no status.
Max Brawn

RickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good start

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFiveFive View Post
I support test boosters I believe they do help and like to run them with supplement stacks...I actually need to pick one up

And the reason for my quote Rick, Be careful with Adam taking those, too much excess test converts into estrogen over time, we dont want that for the boy.
I appreciate your comment. But like I stated, he's pretty much not even taking them anymore. But I'd be REAL curious what actual clinical test results on such look like on someone who is post 35 or 40.

Last edited by RickB; 01-12-2010 at 03:14 PM.

Share with Facebook
Old 01-12-2010, 03:36 PM   #8
jwood
jwood
has no status.
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn
Points: 22,482, Level: 93 Points: 22,482, Level: 93 Points: 22,482, Level: 93
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Push press
Fav Supp: Razor 8 Blast Powder
My Mood: Aggressive
jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast

Quote:
I appreciate your comment. But like I stated, he's pretty much not even taking them anymore. But I'd be REAL curious what actual clinical test results on such look like on someone who is post 35 or 40.
Rick, what brand test booster do you have him on??

I have tried a few but I feel that I am too young to judge these and only took these just because I got good deals on them. I am 21 yrs old, so I do not think they would help me very much at all.

Share with Facebook
Old 01-12-2010, 04:22 PM   #9
RickB
RickB
has no status.
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwood View Post
Rick, what brand test booster do you have him on??

I have tried a few but I feel that I am too young to judge these and only took these just because I got good deals on them. I am 21 yrs old, so I do not think they would help me very much at all.
Axis Labs HyperTEST. Yeah at 21, your own test levels would probably drown any boosting effect Oh man I wish I would have been lifting at that age!

Share with Facebook
Old 01-12-2010, 07:35 PM   #10
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,538,831, Level: 100 Points: 1,538,831, Level: 100 Points: 1,538,831, Level: 100
Activity: 51% Activity: 51% Activity: 51%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Axis Labs HyperTEST. Yeah at 21, your own test levels would probably drown any boosting effect Oh man I wish I would have been lifting at that age!
I kid you not, my first 6 months of lifting I grew chest hair like mad. I'm not sure if it was test related. I was 18 at the time.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook