Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Powerlifting & Strength Training

Notices

Powerlifting & Strength Training Topics related to powerlifting and strength training.

Old 03-20-2014, 08:27 AM   #21
Geelong26
Geelong26
has no status.
Brawn
Points: 806, Level: 15 Points: 806, Level: 15 Points: 806, Level: 15
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Geelong26 has made some quality postsGeelong26 has made some quality postsGeelong26 has made some quality postsGeelong26 has made some quality postsGeelong26 has made some quality postsGeelong26 has made some quality posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTM811 View Post
Absolutely 100% correct Ramrod! Knowing how to verbally defuse a situation without it becoming physical is the way to go. More often than not it'll save you from getting hurt(most important) and the suspect also(who could claim police brutality and that can of worms). Be firm and fair with a commanding presence, but not arrogant, cocky, or unapproachable, be human and not an automaton.
Agree 100% , on top of what u said I believe its also important to be able to show empathy at times and not be too judgemental of the people you are dealing with.
Geelong26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2014, 10:43 AM   #22
Ryano
Ryano
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 6,077, Level: 50 Points: 6,077, Level: 50 Points: 6,077, Level: 50
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 30
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Benchpress
Fav Supp: Buttweiser
Ryano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master member

I did not have or carry a Tazer. I did have a "stun gun" when they first came out. I only used it once on a suspect that I had arrested several times before without incident. This time he was up against a serious charge(rape) and ran from me on foot. He fell and struggled when I got to him. I used the Stun Gun on his back trying to get him to comply. He wen "CRAZYYYYY". He then took an ass whoppin' which works fine. If they think they are going to really get hurt, they will submit.

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Old 03-20-2014, 12:27 PM   #23
Geelong26
Geelong26
has no status.
Brawn
Points: 806, Level: 15 Points: 806, Level: 15 Points: 806, Level: 15
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Geelong26 has made some quality postsGeelong26 has made some quality postsGeelong26 has made some quality postsGeelong26 has made some quality postsGeelong26 has made some quality postsGeelong26 has made some quality posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryano View Post
I did not have or carry a Tazer. I did have a "stun gun" when they first came out. I only used it once on a suspect that I had arrested several times before without incident. This time he was up against a serious charge(rape) and ran from me on foot. He fell and struggled when I got to him. I used the Stun Gun on his back trying to get him to comply. He wen "CRAZYYYYY". He then took an ass whoppin' which works fine. If they think they are going to really get hurt, they will submit.
just out of interest how often did you have to use your firearm as in remove it from the holster ? I spoke to an officer a few days ago who said in 15 years he has only had to take out his gun once
Geelong26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook