Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements > Supplement Reviews

Notices

Supplement Reviews Read and post reviews for popular bodybuilding supplements

Old 05-13-2014, 01:20 AM   #1
Ramrod
Ramrod
Reviews.com
Max Brawn
Points: 5,544, Level: 47 Points: 5,544, Level: 47 Points: 5,544, Level: 47
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%

Training Exp: 12
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: FOOD
My Mood: Doh
Ramrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master member
Default Purus Labs AminOD - Review

Purus Labs

https://www.puruslabs.net/

AminOD

Everyone knows how important Amino Acids are for protein synthesis and every one knows how much research and testing Purus Labs puts into their supplements. Well if you don’t you should. Purus Labs puts more time into their products then most any other company out I have seen. I have yet to receive a supplement from Purus Labs I didn't like. The only downside to AminOD is Dosage. Most will need to take two scoops to receive recommend Daily dosages.

Amino acids are essential for muscle growth and recovery. The good thing about Amino Acids is the timing of them. There really isn’t a bad time to use them. Research has shown you can take them anytime and receive great benefits from them. Purus Labs makes sure to use only proven and well research doses in their supplements and AminOD is no different.

When researching Amino Acids and timing. I came across a research article that tested amino acid uptake before and after working out. It was a very small controlled group, but had interesting results. This might be very helpful to some people; if you’re burnt out on Pre-Workouts, need a break from stims or want to add some punch to your pre-workout. Taking Amino Acid beforehand increased muscle phenylalanine concentrations by 130% and remained elevated 2hrs after working out.

“These results indicate that the response of net muscle protein synthesis to consumption of an EAC solution immediately before resistance exercise is greater than that when the solution is consumed after exercise,”

If you’re looking for an Amino Acid Supplement look no farther, Purus Labs is top notch and will not disappoint you.

The flavors Blue Razz Lemonade, Jolly Watermelon and Strawberry Limeade are all pretty good. I like Strawberry Limeade the best out of the three. When mixed with water and shaken it only takes a few shakes and everything is dissolved. Even after sitting for a bit there is nothing settled at the bottom.

Last edited by Ramrod; 05-13-2014 at 05:37 AM.
Ramrod is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2014, 02:19 AM   #2
fenrisulfr
fenrisulfr
Tired of lifting these baby weights.
Peanut Butter Member
Max Brawn
Points: 9,941, Level: 66 Points: 9,941, Level: 66 Points: 9,941, Level: 66
Activity: 30% Activity: 30% Activity: 30%

Training Exp: 3.5
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Chicken breast
My Mood: Tired
fenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite member

Is 2.1 g. leucine really enough to have an effect?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
fenrisulfr is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 05-13-2014, 02:59 AM   #3
Ramrod
Ramrod
Reviews.com
Max Brawn

Ramrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenrisulfr View Post
Is 2.1 g. leucine really enough to have an effect?

That's the lowest it can be and be effective. It is recommend to get 8g or more a day spread out in doses, but every study seems to say something a little different. I just take it post workout at 2 scoops or I'll just take one along with a Protein shake. I have also seen Amino Dosage based off body weight. At roughly 175lbs 4.8g is the recommended Does... At 200lbs it's 5.4g and at 220lbs its 6g.

Share with Facebook
Old 05-13-2014, 03:02 AM   #4
fenrisulfr
fenrisulfr
Tired of lifting these baby weights.
Peanut Butter Member
Max Brawn
Points: 9,941, Level: 66 Points: 9,941, Level: 66 Points: 9,941, Level: 66
Activity: 30% Activity: 30% Activity: 30%

Training Exp: 3.5
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Chicken breast
My Mood: Tired
fenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite member

That's my problem with eaa products. Leucine is always dosed pretty low making it not cost effective.

fenrisulfr is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 05-13-2014, 05:41 AM   #5
Ramrod
Ramrod
Reviews.com
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenrisulfr View Post
That's my problem with eaa products. Leucine is always dosed pretty low making it not cost effective.

I like to keep a EAA or BCAA on hand all the time, but don't use as much as I would like or use Daily due to the cost of most of them. I normally buy a couple tubs when they go on sale. You are right thou about cost. Most are around $20-30 for 30 servings (avg.) But when you need to take 2 scoops. That's $60 a month. I see a lot of buy 1 get 1 free online. Those make it a much better deal. Then if your like me and don't use them everyday. 2 tubs can last a long while.

Share with Facebook
Old 05-13-2014, 08:38 AM   #6
moeheep
moeheep
wants a 900lb Total
Max Brawn
Points: 9,256, Level: 64 Points: 9,256, Level: 64 Points: 9,256, Level: 64
Activity: 54% Activity: 54% Activity: 54%

Training Exp: 1.5 years
Fav Exercise: DEADS
Fav Supp: Condense
My Mood: Amazed
moeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite member

As usual, love your reviews RR!

Best Meet Lifts:
Squat = 325
Bench = 210
Dead = 353
Total = 888

The iron is there during my times of happiness, sadness and anger. The iron is there available through the 4 seasons and inclement weather. The iron is there to either comfort me or motivate me. The Iron manages to show me how strong I am or how humble I need to be. The iron does not yell, but it always demands respect. The iron is not a disciplinarian, but when disrespected, I feel it for a long time. The iron does not love or hate, but we definitely share a strong bond. And no matter how far I stay away or for how long, the iron is there, waiting to be lifted.
moeheep is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook