Max Brawn
Points: 2,181, Level: 28 Points: 2,181, Level: 28 Points: 2,181, Level: 28
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 4 years
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squat / Deadlift
Fav Supp: Motivation
My Mood: Happy
JumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier View Post
Successful people find motivation everywhere. People who fail find excuses everywhere.

Put that shit in a meme with a sunrise behind it, and you better quote my ass.
HAHA!!

LOVE IT! There are no valid excuses. Its a case of

'Do Or Do Not - There Is No Try!'

Hell yeahhhh!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
JumpmanRugs is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2014, 01:01 PM   #102
Soldier
Soldier
gets crabby on low carb days.
Max Brawn
Points: 13,606, Level: 75 Points: 13,606, Level: 75 Points: 13,606, Level: 75
Activity: 40% Activity: 40% Activity: 40%

Training Exp: On and off for 15 years.
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
My Mood: Doubtful
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

Lower body speed day.

Speed squat with average bands-
45x8
135x5
185x4
205x3
205x3
205x3
205x3
225x3
225x3
225x3

Standing calf press-
135x15
225x15
225x20 with static hold to failure
225x20 with static hold to failure

Kettlebell swings-
35x15
55x15
70x15
90 just shy of failure
90 just shy of failure
90 just shy of failure

Abs on GHR-
3 sets of 8

I'm pretty sure I'm the first to use the 90lb kettlebell. It was, unfortunately, the heaviest they had, but it was just heavy enough to do the job. I was able to move it explosively for 10-15 reps each set which was basically what I was looking for. I like these A LOT more than GM's, and I like GM's so that's saying something. There were lots of crossfitters and O lifters around while I was doing the swings. I felt like yelling "THIS is how you do a kettlebell swing!" I swear I've never seen anyone use over 30lb and they never seem to move as explosively as they could.

Squats felt pretty good. I'm realizing that I need to stay somewhat relaxed on the descent. That allows me to reach depth without any problems. It also allows me to sit down into my hips and knees and get a pretty solid rebound. If I worry too much about going fast on my descent then I get tight and pop back up without getting good depth. It may be passable, but it's not comfortable and I'd rather get deep and get a good rebound.

When I was doing calves a guy came up and asked me about the bands I was using for squats. I explained the concept and benefits of accomodating resistance, but the look on his face made it pretty obvious that he had no clue what I was talking about. I really lost him when I mentioned that I was doing speed squats.

I really wanted to say "dude, just go do some more curls and leave me alone."

The volume of this session felt good. Nothing crazy, and I was able to really push it on every single set. I always push every single set like it's my last, but the lower volume let me stop before I really got too tired to move as fast as possible.

Upper body max strength tomorrow. Good times will be had by all.
Goals-
Win.

Last edited by Soldier; 03-26-2014 at 10:47 AM.
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 03-25-2014, 08:21 PM   #103
RobMoriRB
RobMoriRB
training to get Elite
Max Brawn
Points: 9,156, Level: 64 Points: 9,156, Level: 64 Points: 9,156, Level: 64
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Mutant Mass
My Mood: Cheerful
RobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master member

great work buddie keep it going
Bench: 330(305)
Total: 1185lbs
Equipped Goals(Current)
Squat: 500(465)
Sumo Dead Lift:500(475)
Bench:330(305)
Total:1245

Block Program: http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16237

BLOG:http://theanimalmethod.wordpress.com/
RobMoriRB is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Old 03-26-2014, 01:13 PM   #104
Soldier
Soldier
Max Brawn

Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobMoriRB View Post
great work buddie keep it going
Thanks man, I'm tryin'!
Goals-
Win.

Share with Facebook
Old 03-26-2014, 01:31 PM   #105
Soldier
Soldier
Max Brawn

Bench/upper body max strength day. I used some reverse band work, but made sure I did some raw work too.

All sets with a * were done with reverse band assistance. I set up the bands to assist as little as possible and not assist at all at the top.

Warmup-
20 lateral raises with 2.5lb plates
20 rotator cuff raises with 2.5lb plates
a bunch of band pull aparts
a bunch of shoulder external rotations with bands

Bench-
45x8
135x6
185x5
235x3
235x3
255x2
255x2
255*x2
275*x2
295*x2
315*x1
275x1
275*x5

Military press-
45x12
95x8
135x8
135x6
115x8

Last 3 sets were done 1 rep shy of failure. The shoulder pump hit me after i walked over to put the bands up, and it was intense. I actually had to stop walking and bend over because my arms felt so heavy pulling my shoudlers down.

The pump is actually visible-

I've resigned myself to the fact that my strength is not going to explode the way it did when I took superdrol. I remember going into a session and actually being shocked by the amount of weight I was able to move. That hasn't happened during this cycle. Towards the end of my cycle I may take a couple days off and do a mock meet. That's the only way I'll be able to really see what I've gained from the test.

It's odd, because my muscles are pumped up and I've gained noticeable size. I know a lot of it is fluid and glycogen, but the difference is massive and aparent. I won't know until I come off just how much of it is real muscle and not just a pump.

But I'm not relying on the test to give me numbers. Hopefully it helps (considering how much money I spent and having to deal with the potential health risks), but I'm working hard and really trying to nail down my form. I don't want to get injured again. I REALLY don't want to get injured again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.JPG
Views:	34
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	13701  
Goals-
Win.

Share with Facebook
Old 03-26-2014, 04:58 PM   #106
Tannhauser
Tannhauser
reads long boring books
Max Brawn
Points: 134,089, Level: 100 Points: 134,089, Level: 100 Points: 134,089, Level: 100
Activity: 26% Activity: 26% Activity: 26%

Training Exp: 30+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Front squat
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

Awesome delts and traps. Monster.

"The proper study of mankind is books" - Aldous Huxley
Tannhauser is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 03-26-2014, 09:34 PM   #107
Soldier
Soldier
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post
Awesome delts and traps. Monster.
Thanks! That means a lot coming from you. Respect.
Goals-
Win.

Share with Facebook
Old 03-27-2014, 07:11 AM   #108
Soldier
Soldier
Max Brawn

It's funny, I did so much research on the effects of test. I read that your strength will blow up, you'll feel great, you're work capacity will go through the roof, blah, blah, blah. I don't see it. I'm realizing that 1 of 2 things is true-

1. Placebo effect. These people are just pussies who never worked hard, then all of a sudden they get on test and start pushing themselves harder and EATING MORE. Because they are doing the things they should have (and could have) been doing all along naturally they blow up and the test gets all the credit.

2. They're smaller than me. I know this is true for a fact. Most threads I read with guys talking about test the guys were 180ish and so totally stoked that they went from DB pressing 75 to using 90s for reps. The standard first cycle dose of 500mg/wk hit them hard because they're so small, and their strength standards are so low that it felt like magic to them.

Like I said, I'm still very interested in seeing what my numbers look like when I get to the end of the cycle. If I make reasonable gains than I'll be happy, because, to be honest, the crazier my gains are the harder it is to keep them. If I make modest gains then hoperfully they'll stick around off cycle and I can pick right up again when my next cycle begins.

I'll also be happy with reasonable gains because I just can't seem to progress naturally. I'm not sure what my deal is, my body is just not built for strength. I know people get all pissy when you call genetics, but I've learned about and tried just about everything I can to get more weight moving and it just doesn't want to happen.

No worries. The journey continues.
Goals-
Win.

Share with Facebook
Old 03-27-2014, 10:23 AM   #109
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,477,244, Level: 100 Points: 1,477,244, Level: 100 Points: 1,477,244, Level: 100
Activity: 42% Activity: 42% Activity: 42%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Looking beefy. Freak mode.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 03-27-2014, 05:41 PM   #110
Soldier
Soldier
Max Brawn

my schedule was packed today, and I'm also feeling pretty tight in the hamstrings from those kettlebell swings Tuesday, so I decided begrudgingly to skip my lower body bodybuilding day today. My next lower session will be heavy squats and box pulls Saturday, which should probe to be an epic session. I'll kick up the volume to make up for skipping today.

Upper speed tomorrow.
Goals-
Win.

Share with Facebook