Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 01-06-2010, 04:50 PM   #1
Dork McSchlorp
Dork McSchlorp
has no status.
Uber Brawn

Dork McSchlorp is off to a good startDork McSchlorp is off to a good startDork McSchlorp is off to a good startDork McSchlorp is off to a good start
Default Does Fat Loss Become Harder To Achieve The Lower You Are in Body Fat Percentage

Question: Does Fat Loss Become Harder as Your Body Fat Percentage Gets Lower?Is there a difference between going from overweight or obese to normal weight, and going from normal weight to single digit body fat? How about going from upper single digit body fat to contest shape? Answer: Fat loss definitely becomes more challenging as [...]

More...
Dork McSchlorp is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2010, 05:01 PM   #2
RickB
RickB
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 2,802, Level: 32 Points: 2,802, Level: 32 Points: 2,802, Level: 32
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

My Mood: Yeehaw
RickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good start

Without reading the article and addressing the subject line, I will say the answer is "Absolutely!".

I have witnessed this twice in 2009, where I got to the point of seeing the top 4 abs in the morning for a few weeks each time. I started struggling through workouts, losing strength, and down-right feeling crappy post workout and sometimes dizzy during workouts. I do think I'm not the norm with an issue like this (maybe slightly hypoglycemic), but it's going to be similar for most imo.
RickB is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 01-06-2010, 05:24 PM   #3
Shaolinkiwi
Shaolinkiwi
Back to square 1
Ground Zero Training
Max Brawn
Points: 3,328, Level: 35 Points: 3,328, Level: 35 Points: 3,328, Level: 35
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

My Mood: Busy
Shaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dork McSchlorp View Post
Question: Does Fat Loss Become Harder as Your Body Fat Percentage Gets Lower?Is there a difference between going from overweight or obese to normal weight, and going from normal weight to single digit body fat? How about going from upper single digit body fat to contest shape? Answer: Fat loss definitely becomes more challenging as [...]

More...
Fat loss does get harder the lower your body fat % gets. When it comes to showing the bottom 2 abs shedding that last bit becomes very stubborn and calorie intake can for some become to deficient. It's consistency and patience that will get most there, well those of us that aren't genetically gifted.

Going from obese to overweight is far easier, the excess fat falls off quickly in general these people experience rapid fat loss. However the longer they continue the more the results start to drop off (diminishing returns).

When it comes to getting into contest shape...I not a 100% sure as I never done it, some of the measures taken to get that dry shredded look seem straight up unhealthy too me.

Going from normal weight to single digit body fat requires large diet changes and a strong will. I've recently dropped from 14% to 12% and aiming for 9% within 6 to 7 weeks.
I also believe to achieve a drop in body fat one should abandon conventional bb training and shift to full body routines bulit around weight lifting movements that require the most amount of effort to complete i.e. cleans, deadlifts, squats etc.

T-Alpha Log - CURRENT
http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/sup...alpha-log.html

Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me 1500+! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!
Shaolinkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 01-06-2010, 05:25 PM   #4
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,473,310, Level: 100 Points: 1,473,310, Level: 100 Points: 1,473,310, Level: 100
Activity: 41% Activity: 41% Activity: 41%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I know fat loss becomes harder the bigger you get

...Now, let me read the article.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 01-06-2010, 05:41 PM   #5
glwanabe
glwanabe
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 14,731, Level: 78 Points: 14,731, Level: 78 Points: 14,731, Level: 78

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Don't forget the age factor as well. All is possible, but it just requires dedicated work.

I was the leanest I've ever been about two weeks into basic training at the age of 28. I was, no shit, ripped!! I dropped about 10lbs in two weeks.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 01-06-2010, 09:05 PM   #6
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,473,310, Level: 100 Points: 1,473,310, Level: 100 Points: 1,473,310, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
Don't forget the age factor as well. All is possible, but it just requires dedicated work.

I was the leanest I've ever been about two weeks into basic training at the age of 28. I was, no shit, ripped!! I dropped about 10lbs in two weeks.
I was the same in basic training. I had my first 6 pack.

Share with Facebook
Old 01-06-2010, 09:40 PM   #7
Shaolinkiwi
Shaolinkiwi
Back to square 1
Ground Zero Training
Max Brawn
Points: 3,328, Level: 35 Points: 3,328, Level: 35 Points: 3,328, Level: 35

My Mood: Busy
Shaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributor

Man I gotta enlist!

T-Alpha Log - CURRENT
http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/sup...alpha-log.html

Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me 1500+! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!
Shaolinkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 01-07-2010, 08:32 AM   #8
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolinkiwi View Post
Man I gotta enlist!
Just go outside and walk 20 miles today. About the same thing.

Share with Facebook
Old 01-07-2010, 10:36 AM   #9
glwanabe
glwanabe
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 14,731, Level: 78 Points: 14,731, Level: 78 Points: 14,731, Level: 78

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Just go outside and walk 20 miles today. About the same thing.
Wearing full gear, and carrying a 60lb ruck. Substitute carrying a weapon for carrying a 10lb bar in both hands. Do this after an hour of fullbody workout.

Repeat 5x week.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 01-07-2010, 11:04 AM   #10
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
Wearing full gear, and carrying a 60lb ruck. Substitute carrying a weapon for carrying a 10lb bar in both hands. Do this after an hour of fullbody workout.

Repeat 5x week.
I forgot about that. I had to road march with an M-60 once. That was pure bliss.

The Biggest Loser reminds me of boot camp. Exercise all day and eat minimal food.

Share with Facebook