Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Powerlifting & Strength Training

Notices

Powerlifting & Strength Training Topics related to powerlifting and strength training.

Old 02-15-2014, 02:53 AM   #1
IrishHitman
IrishHitman
will become a big sumvabitch in 2013
Max Brawn
Points: 6,200, Level: 51 Points: 6,200, Level: 51 Points: 6,200, Level: 51
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 8
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Chili Oil
My Mood: Cool
IrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beast
Default Help in getting a Squat Suit on

I just recently purchased my first squat suit and would like some advice on actually getting into it. I give you my gratitude in advance.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards."
~Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

1 March 2014
SQUAT: 650 lbs
BENCH: 340 lbs
DEADLIFT: 580 lbs
TOTAL: 1570 lbs
IrishHitman is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2014, 03:33 AM   #2
Ramrod
Ramrod
Reviews.com
Max Brawn
Points: 5,935, Level: 49 Points: 5,935, Level: 49 Points: 5,935, Level: 49
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 12
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: FOOD
My Mood: Doh
Ramrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master member

I've only used mine a few times. So not sure how much help I can be, but here is what I have done...

Once I get it past my hips. I pinch a little material around the thighs and then pull it at the waist. I keep inching it up like this on both sides along with some lunges. Once I get the straps up. I do a few more lunges then start squating. After a couple of sets its set.
Ramrod is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 02-15-2014, 08:33 AM   #3
Soldier
Soldier
is judging you.
Max Brawn
Points: 14,536, Level: 78 Points: 14,536, Level: 78 Points: 14,536, Level: 78
Activity: 52% Activity: 52% Activity: 52%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
My Mood: Inspired
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

Here's what I do; once I get it as far up as I can, I grab a bunch of material on my hip on just one side and work that side up a few inches. Then I do the same on the other side. After doing this a couple times I squat down a little and push my knees out hard while wiggling around a little. That helps the suit come up on the inside of my thighs.

Then I just repeat those steps as needed. In the end you won't get it completely up until you actually start squatting, especially with the straps up. Try to keep track of where your junk is before you get it all the way up, or bad things can happen (pinching, sqwishing...not good).

Share with Facebook
Old 02-15-2014, 03:18 PM   #4
LtL
LtL
is loving life.
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,847, Level: 100 Points: 36,847, Level: 100 Points: 36,847, Level: 100
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%

Training Exp: 5 years
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
My Mood: Cheerful
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

To start with buy some Lycra compression shorts. This will help the suit on over the quads. Next get ready to lose the skin on the back of your hands: pull it up as high as possible normally then grab a handful of material at the hip and work each side up. When it gets close have someone help your straps up if you can then air squat and lunge to work it all of the way on. Good luck!
LtL is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook