Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements > Supplement Logs

Notices

Supplement Logs Roll your supplement logs here.

Old 01-28-2014, 04:12 PM   #1
Hywelbane
Hywelbane
Brb lifting
Uber Brawn
Points: 2,048, Level: 27 Points: 2,048, Level: 27 Points: 2,048, Level: 27
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: 8
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Jekyll/Hyde
My Mood: Yeehaw
Hywelbane is a dedicated contributorHywelbane is a dedicated contributorHywelbane is a dedicated contributorHywelbane is a dedicated contributorHywelbane is a dedicated contributorHywelbane is a dedicated contributorHywelbane is a dedicated contributorHywelbane is a dedicated contributorHywelbane is a dedicated contributorHywelbane is a dedicated contributorHywelbane is a dedicated contributor
Default Hywelbane sets PR's with AminoD, D-Pol, and Slinshot

Special thanks to Purus Labs for the giveaway! I received AminoD (strawberry limeade), Slinshot, and D-Pol.

I'll be logging my results with AminoD and Slinshot due to already having logged a Condense and D-Pol stack as shown here:

http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15439

First thoughts:

Still loving the sleek design of the containers.

AminoD

Slinshot

You know exactly what you're getting and how much.

About me (copied from previous supplement log with minor changes):
I've been lifting since I was about 11 years old. Started out of my own accord just using a 25 pound dumbbell. From there I went on to football and eventually high school powerlifting. I've been extremely hooked since.

Training Log: http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13687 Though I will be posting my workouts in here as well.

Training split: My workout consists of 4 days: Bench, Deadlift, Squat, OHP. Not always in that order. Currently doing high volume and dropping reps/sets on main lifts when I stall.

Goals: To be as strong as possible for me, and looking good while doing it isn't a bad thing either.

Current Lifts:
Bench: 335x3

Squat: Not sure on max but previous week: 315x 8,8,10
Rack pulls below knees (can't do deadlifts in my gym): 405 5x5
OHP: 205x1

Weight: ~196

Criteria for Slinshot/AminoD:
Slinshot
*Not sure on this, maybe Randoja can chime in and help me create some standards.

AminoD
*Taste
*Mixability
*Endurance/Recovery

Hywelbane is online now   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2014, 04:15 PM   #2
linedriver465
linedriver465
Work, Eat, Train, Sleep, Rinse, Repeat
Max Brawn
Points: 5,124, Level: 45 Points: 5,124, Level: 45 Points: 5,124, Level: 45
Activity: 26% Activity: 26% Activity: 26%

Training Exp: 3.5 years
Training Type: Volume
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Caffeine
My Mood: Inspired
linedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beast

for slinshot, if you're aiming for a maintence diet you could commend on recompping effects. If you're bulking I guess you could comment on whether a higher % of the weight you gain is muscle (or less fat mass).

And food blog!
http://njludlow.tumblr.com/

"Life is too short to dick around" - Steve Shaw
linedriver465 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 01-28-2014, 04:16 PM   #3
Hywelbane
Hywelbane
Brb lifting
Uber Brawn

Hywelbane is a dedicated contributorHywelbane is a dedicated contributorHywelbane is a dedicated contributorHywelbane is a dedicated contributorHywelbane is a dedicated contributorHywelbane is a dedicated contributorHywelbane is a dedicated contributorHywelbane is a dedicated contributorHywelbane is a dedicated contributorHywelbane is a dedicated contributorHywelbane is a dedicated contributor
Default Day 1

Took slinshot with a very high carb/sugar breakfast that usually makes me feel extremely lethargic and slow. Immediately noticed that this feeling did not hit me like usual. It felt like any other meal.

AminoD:
Taste: 6/10 Strawberry limeade. Not really sure where to put the taste. The product smells wonderful, but at 8oz it was much too strong. Added 16oz just to be safe and it was very light. I thought about using 12oz next time, but as the workout went on it became a bit too sweet for me. 20oz. next workout.
Mixability: 9/10 A few seconds of shaking and there were no particles left.
Endurance/Recovery: 8/10 Besides being pumped out of my mind I was able to recover much better than normal. I'm going to have to give the pumps to D-Pol as it's been a week since I last ran out. Other than that I took about 60 seconds of rest between my sets instead of the usual 90-120.

Workout:
Bench: +20lbs, -1 set
265x8
265x8
265x8
265x8 butt came up a little on the last one.

Only did 4 because my chest was pumped up harder than it's been in a very long time.

CGBP: +20lbs on first set
185x12
185x12
185x12

DB Bench: +5lbs, -3 sets
90x10
90x10

Chest was too pumped to carry on.

Rolling tricep extensions: +2.5lbs
35x10
35x10
35x10

Tricep punchdown: +5lbs
52.5x12
52.5x12
52.5x12

Chest was so pumped that my exercises were difficult to complete.
Will be taking bench down to 4x6 for a few weeks now.

Last edited by Hywelbane; 01-28-2014 at 05:21 PM.

Share with Facebook
Old 01-28-2014, 05:21 PM   #4
Hywelbane
Hywelbane
Brb lifting
Uber Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by linedriver465 View Post
for slinshot, if you're aiming for a maintence diet you could commend on recompping effects. If you're bulking I guess you could comment on whether a higher % of the weight you gain is muscle (or less fat mass).
Good idea. I'll probably do both. Planning to cut after I hit 200.

Share with Facebook
Old 01-28-2014, 06:58 PM   #5
EliteDreams
EliteDreams
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing
Moderation is for cowards
Max Brawn
Points: 10,863, Level: 69 Points: 10,863, Level: 69 Points: 10,863, Level: 69
Activity: 38% Activity: 38% Activity: 38%

Training Exp: Started 5/2/11
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: PRs
Fav Supp: Chocolate milk
My Mood: Buzzed
EliteDreams is an elite memberEliteDreams is an elite memberEliteDreams is an elite memberEliteDreams is an elite memberEliteDreams is an elite memberEliteDreams is an elite memberEliteDreams is an elite memberEliteDreams is an elite memberEliteDreams is an elite memberEliteDreams is an elite memberEliteDreams is an elite member

Strong work still. Keep smashing.

Share with Facebook
Old 01-29-2014, 02:18 PM   #6
Randoja
Randoja
is making gains.