Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Introduce Yourself Introduce Yourself to the Muscle and Brawn Community

Old 01-19-2014, 02:15 PM   #1
EdHz
EdHz
has no status.
Brawn
Points: 434, Level: 8 Points: 434, Level: 8 Points: 434, Level: 8
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 9 months
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: OHP
EdHz has made some good postsEdHz has made some good postsEdHz has made some good postsEdHz has made some good postsEdHz has made some good postsEdHz has made some good postsEdHz has made some good postsEdHz has made some good postsEdHz has made some good posts
Default Hello

Hello everyone

I came over from Youtube (where I'm subbed to the BBOD) and the Muscle & Strength site.

I'm a relatively new lifter, been going since May 2013, but the first few months of that can be written off as I didn't know what I was doing.

I've been running BTB's Long Cycle (muscleandstrength. com/ workouts/ beginner-long-cycle-muscle-strength-building-workout - delete the spaces, I can't post links yet) since September 2013, and have been having good results.

On that program I'm currently Squatting 95kg for 10 rep sets, benching 85kg for 9 rep sets, and my deadlifts need some form work so I am backing off those until I can figure out what's going on there. My best pull was 170kg, but it probably looked atrocious. I weigh 81kg and am 177cm tall. I know the bench is a little unbalanced, I used to be an "upper-body-bro" when I was at school and university. Some of that upper body strength seems to have stuck around.

I need to take a month and a half off from the beginning of February as I am having a small umbilical hernia repaired. Bummed out about that, but I'd rather get it fixed now than have it potentially get worse when the weights get heavy. I've had one before, so I know what I'm in for I think...

I keep a training log over on Muscle&Strength's forums, (same username), but I may duplicate it here in future.

And I think that's me. I look forward to catching everyone on the forums and getting to know everyone here too.

Thanks all.

EdHz
No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates
EdHz is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2014, 02:18 PM   #2
bn2004
bn2004
has no status.
New Brawn
Points: 247, Level: 4 Points: 247, Level: 4 Points: 247, Level: 4
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: Not enough.
Training Type: Get In Shape
Fav Exercise: Not sure.
Fav Supp: Coffee
My Mood: Yeehaw
bn2004 has made some quality postsbn2004 has made some quality postsbn2004 has made some quality postsbn2004 has made some quality postsbn2004 has made some quality postsbn2004 has made some quality postsbn2004 has made some quality posts

Welcome to the forums!
bn2004 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 01-19-2014, 02:41 PM   #4
EdHz
EdHz
has no status.
Brawn

EdHz has made some good postsEdHz has made some good postsEdHz has made some good postsEdHz has made some good postsEdHz has made some good postsEdHz has made some good postsEdHz has made some good postsEdHz has made some good postsEdHz has made some good posts

Thanks gents.
No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

Share with Facebook
Old 01-20-2014, 06:09 AM   #5
5kgLifter
5kgLifter
loves teddy bears...
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Checkers Champion! Mario Kart Extreme! Champion! NG Holdem Champion! Javelin Champion! Mouse Batting Champion! Keno Champion!
Training Type: Other
My Mood: Cynical
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Hi

Share with Facebook
Old 01-20-2014, 08:50 AM   #6
ravimolasaria
ravimolasaria
Wanted to be as strong as a polar bear ...
Max Brawn
Points: 26,240, Level: 96 Points: 26,240, Level: 96 Points: 26,240, Level: 96
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Training Exp: 10
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Whatever makes me strong
My Mood: Yeehaw
ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!

Welcome to MAB Ed ...

Share with Facebook
Old 01-20-2014, 10:05 AM   #7
Cutty
Cutty
beastmode
Max Brawn
Points: 5,523, Level: 47 Points: 5,523, Level: 47 Points: 5,523, Level: 47
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 3.5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Amino Acids
My Mood: Inspired
Cutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master member

Welcome to MAB

Link to log

Max Gym Lifts: 495/300/605
Last Meet Lifts: 435/303/512

Passion without discipline is just a dream. - Steve Shaw

Sometimes you make your own pull by pushing forward. - Steve Shaw
Cutty is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 01-20-2014, 10:24 AM   #8
EdHz
EdHz
has no status.
Brawn

Thanks y'all.

Share with Facebook