Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 01-05-2014, 06:31 PM   #1
LindenGarcia18
LindenGarcia18
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 7,472, Level: 57 Points: 7,472, Level: 57 Points: 7,472, Level: 57
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: One arm dumbbell rows.
My Mood: Happy
LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast
Default Help with structuring 3000 calorie diet.

Hi Guys

I'm looking some help structuring my diet.

Iv'e had some awsome pointers from the shoutbox, and a great PM from Steve in regards to this.

Steve is too busy to help me actually structure it, so was wondering if I could throw it up on here incase anyone had a spare few minuets?

This is the broken, half diet that me and some of you on the shoutbox have picked to pices.

It doesn't have enough protein, the carbs are screwed, macronutrients aren't there as they should be,

But, you have to start somewhere when your making a diet from scratch, so its a start.

Here's the broken diet:

*PLEASE READ BELOW THE DIET FOR THE IMPORTANT PARTS.
Didn't want you to miss something and then be annoyed and think I hadn't been listening.

MEAL1
.6 EGG WHITES
.2 WHOLE EGGS
.1 TBSP OF SUNFLOWER OIL
.CUP OF VEG

MEAL 2
.2 SLICES WHOLE WHEAT BREAD
.3 TBSP PEANUT BUTTER
.FRUIT

MEAL 3
.2 CUPS OF WHOLE WHEAT PASTA
.3 QUARTERS OF A 500G JAR OF TOMATO SAUCE.
.CUP OF VEG
.1 TBSP SUNFLOWER OIL
. 3 PIECES OF FISH (COD)

MEAL 4
SAME AS MEAL 2
.2 SLICES OF BREAD
.3 TBSP OF PEANUT BUTTER

MEAL 5
2 PICES OF FISH (COD)
BOWL OF BROCCOLI.

Some of the things we discussed both in the shoutbox, and via PM with Steve about this diet:

.Bread isn't a great source of carbs because it's heavily processt.

.Micro managing the macronutrients and such is going to be a hinderance in all honesty.

.Variety is important.

As you can see, the diet isn't right at all, and that's what I'm looking to you guys for help with.

Its basically an unfinished, half diet with all the macros screwed up.

It was one I thought was right but when we picked it apart, I took stuff out that was wrong, and it ended up still being wrong.

I was also told by several of you guys to put butter on anything I can. That'll get my fat macro up.

Also, it looks like I should look for a different carb other than bread. I can keep the peanut butter, but maybe it's better I give the bread a miss.

In a nut shell it looks like I'll be needing some new and more carbs choices, more protein, and more fat. AND for everything to add up to around 3K calories in the end.

THE BLUEPRINT

I need a 3000 calorie diet.

225 grams of protein

35% of the 3000 cals to come from fats

and then the rest carbs.

With help from the shotbox, I looked at the information afterwards, and reaslised what I need based on those marcronutrient recomendations, are a third of each marcro.

So roughly 1000 calories for fat, protein, and carbs.

Seems simple enoguh, right?

Yes and no.

Basically, there are a few things I simply can't eat, that become a hinderance when trying to structure this.

1.) I can't eat any dairy apart from butter from grass fed cows.

I had an acne problem.

The acne went away when I stopped having milk, cheese, and all other dairy products apart from butter.

The reason for this is because of the IGF-1 Hormone, which is very high in dairy.

HGF-1 basically causes your hormones to be futher un-balances than they already are in the teenaged years.

I won't go into the reasons as to why un-balanced hromones cause acne, but thats basically the reason most teenageers get acne.
Unbalanced hormones.
And IGF-1 has been known for a while now to be just about the worst thing, sugar coming in at second place, for hormonal acne.

And that was the case for me.

+ This means no whey, which is a huge bummer because whey protein would've been a really big help to get my 225 grams in

2.) I can't eat any sugar.

Sugar also does the same thing as the dairy, in a slightly differnt way, meaning I can't eat that either.

FINAL NOTES

as far as protein goes, there isn't enough variety in there, as has been pointed out to me frequently.

Now as I said in the PM, I've actually found a way to make the fish taste really good, and I've stocked up on chicken also.

To tell you the truth, I'm just not keen on meat in general.

Chicken and fish are ok, and along with the protein in the carb and fat foods, I should be alright.

What I'm really looking for is a way to add to this broken diet.

Like I said, I'm looking for 225 grams of protein, 116 grams of fat, and the carbs will be the rest.

Now in terms of the macros, I really don't need to be so obsessive, as I've been told.

But I ant to get it roughly right so I need to stick to those guidelines, but it doesn't have to be absolutely perfect.

that I'd never ask you to sit here and plan out my diet, didn't want you to think I was lazy and wanted it all done for me.

I'm just confused with it that's all, and you guys know what your talking about.

I've tried my best with it but as you can see, when you pick apart the diets I've created, they're just not right.

If anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks MaB

- LG

PS: If there is anyone that could offer help, if you need a full breakdown of what macros and calories are in each of those foods I posted in that half a diet above, let me know and I'll write all that up.

Last edited by LindenGarcia18; 01-05-2014 at 06:57 PM.
LindenGarcia18 is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2014, 07:06 PM   #2
leefarley
leefarley
lifts weights in his shed
Max Brawn
Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Benchpress
Fav Supp: protein powder
My Mood: Lurking
leefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master member

how much protein is in each piece of fish ? do u like pork or beef or even both ?

could add a protein shake to each snack time.

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Old 01-05-2014, 07:25 PM   #3
Kleurplaay
Kleurplaay
is growing stronger!
Uber Brawn
Points: 2,310, Level: 29 Points: 2,310, Level: 29 Points: 2,310, Level: 29
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: dat dere eggs
My Mood: Cheeky
Kleurplaay is a dedicated contributorKleurplaay is a dedicated contributorKleurplaay is a dedicated contributorKleurplaay is a dedicated contributorKleurplaay is a dedicated contributorKleurplaay is a dedicated contributorKleurplaay is a dedicated contributorKleurplaay is a dedicated contributorKleurplaay is a dedicated contributorKleurplaay is a dedicated contributorKleurplaay is a dedicated contributor

If you are having trouble finding enough protein sources why do you want to eat such high protein? 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight is actually already a high recommendation, why go even higher?

'It's all them fat powerlifting molecules and no muscle' -Steve Shaw
Kleurplaay is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 01-05-2014, 07:30 PM   #4
EliteDreams
EliteDreams
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing
Moderation is for cowards
Max Brawn
Points: 12,244, Level: 72 Points: 12,244, Level: 72 Points: 12,244, Level: 72
Activity: 34% Activity: 34% Activity: 34%

Training Exp: Started 5/2/11
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: PRs
Fav Supp: Steak
My Mood: Asleep
EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleurplaay View Post
If you are having trouble finding enough protein sources why do you want to eat such high protein? 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight is actually already a high recommendation, why go even higher?
Hes not wanting to bulk, better to have high protein and still gain muscle.

The gates of hell have been unlocked, headstones pushed aside!
EliteDreams is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 01-05-2014, 09:59 PM   #5
Kag94
Kag94
has no status.
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,679, Level: 23 Points: 1,679, Level: 23 Points: 1,679, Level: 23
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 4
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Sqwartz
Fav Supp: Caffeine
Kag94 has made some good postsKag94 has made some good postsKag94 has made some good postsKag94 has made some good postsKag94 has made some good postsKag94 has made some good postsKag94 has made some good postsKag94 has made some good postsKag94 has made some good postsKag94 has made some good postsKag94 has made some good posts

For carb sources just add rice. Very easy to eat depending on how you cook it. And for protein you shouldn't have to use a supplement to reach 225. Egg whites and lean meat all day long is very easy to do

Share with Facebook
Old 01-05-2014, 11:12 PM   #6
Xispe
Xispe
Smashes!
Brawn
Points: 469, Level: 9 Points: 469, Level: 9 Points: 469, Level: 9
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

My Mood: Amused
Xispe has made some good postsXispe has made some good postsXispe has made some good postsXispe has made some good postsXispe has made some good postsXispe has made some good postsXispe has made some good postsXispe has made some good postsXispe has made some good postsXispe has made some good postsXispe has made some good posts

Hey Linden,

I eat 3200-3500 cals a day, sometimes more, i just eat more eggs.

At breakfast for example i eat:

4 egg omlette with 50-100 grs of ham

And a shake with:

Whole fat milk
1 banana
1 apple
Oats
Flaxseeds
And a piece of cocoa (85%+)

Not sure how many calories alone are in my breakfast, but i'm guessing a lot :P
Xispe is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 01-05-2014, 11:46 PM   #7
Regularity
Regularity
has no status.
Brawn
Points: 866, Level: 15 Points: 866, Level: 15 Points: 866, Level: 15
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: Novice
My Mood: Happy
Regularity has made some good postsRegularity has made some good postsRegularity has made some good postsRegularity has made some good postsRegularity has made some good postsRegularity has made some good postsRegularity has made some good postsRegularity has made some good postsRegularity has made some good posts

Here is a sample breakfast that gets right about 600 cals, 1/5 of your goal:

I took my own breakfast from myfitnesspal.com and adjusted based on the no dairy and other restrictions. the myfitnesspal app computes the cals, carbs, fat, and protein for you.

Oatmeal 2/3 cup (dry measure before cooking)
Soy milk 1/2 cup
7 egg whites & 2 whole eggs
Veggies (say onion, peppers, spinach, thing good in eggs)
1/2 tbsp olive oil

Fairly close to 200 cals each from protein, carb and fat.

You could play with the other meals in a similar way using the app. They already seem pretty good except 2 & 4 are missing protein.
Regularity is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 01-06-2014, 10:27 AM   #8
bamazav
bamazav
Dog House Training, home of the Walker Dips!Geezers Rule!
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn
Points: 26,108, Level: 96 Points: 26,108, Level: 96 Points: 26,108, Level: 96
Activity: 23% Activity: 23% Activity: 23%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
My Mood: Amazed
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member

This is my opinion. You know what causes you problems, avoid those items. Focus on your protein. Plan that all out first and foremost. Then look at fats. Olive oil, Avocado Oil, Nut Oils (nuts themselves) will help with fats. If you have calories left then consider carbs. To be honest, I have found that if I make sure my main meals are rich in protein and green veggies and I have some protein with anything else I eat, the rest tends to work itself out. 3000 calories is probably more than you are used to eating. As an OCD, you are going to drive yourself crazy trying to micromanage your macros. Personally, I advocate simple eating. If you can grow it or kill it, you can eat it. If you have to open a box and add stuff to it, stay away from it. Simple.

2014 100%RAW American Challenge, May 31, 2014:
Squat 292
Bench 176
Deadlift 375 PR
Total - 843 at 50 yrs 199.6 lbs

Shooting for a 900+ total for next meet. (see quote below)

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
bamazav is online now   Reply With Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Old 01-06-2014, 11:22 AM   #9
OHDL
OHDL
Wants more milk!
Max Brawn
Points: 4,121, Level: 40 Points: 4,121, Level: 40 Points: 4,121, Level: 40
Activity: 23% Activity: 23% Activity: 23%

Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Milk
My Mood: Tired
OHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beast

Beef, chicken, bacon, sweet potatoes, rice, normal potatoes all good !

- Christopher Hitchens
OHDL is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 01-06-2014, 11:48 AM   #10
syn
syn
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 3,880, Level: 39 Points: 3,880, Level: 39 Points: 3,880, Level: 39
Activity: 19% Activity: 19% Activity: 19%

Training Exp: not enough
Fav Exercise: deadlift
Fav Supp: coffee
My Mood: Buzzed
syn is a lifting machinesyn is a lifting machinesyn is a lifting machinesyn is a lifting machinesyn is a lifting machinesyn is a lifting machinesyn is a lifting machinesyn is a lifting machinesyn is a lifting machinesyn is a lifting machinesyn is a lifting machine

for Carbs try some sweet potato, can be prepared in many ways.

mix various rice & various beans, then season with salsa.
this is a good source of cabs, and what I consider bonus protein, mixing the beans & rice makes up a complete protein, and will be a nice add on to meat, I never count on this as my main protein source, but its nice to round it off
syn is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook