Old 06-08-2014, 12:43 AM   #311
Kels
Kels
has no status.
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,052, Level: 17 Points: 1,052, Level: 17 Points: 1,052, Level: 17
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Type: Powerlifting
Kels is a consistent contributorKels is a consistent contributorKels is a consistent contributorKels is a consistent contributorKels is a consistent contributorKels is a consistent contributorKels is a consistent contributorKels is a consistent contributorKels is a consistent contributorKels is a consistent contributorKels is a consistent contributor

Training 7th June:

Any comments are more than welcome. I'm still definitely a newbie!

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Last edited by BendtheBar; 06-08-2014 at 10:04 AM.
Kels is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2014, 08:22 AM   #312
Dray
Dray
is getting stronger
Max Brawn
Points: 9,422, Level: 65 Points: 9,422, Level: 65 Points: 9,422, Level: 65
Activity: 83% Activity: 83% Activity: 83%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: cgbp
Fav Supp: rare steak
Dray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master member

Well, if comments from a fellow newbie are welcome, then sure, haha. Hopefully someone else with more experience will chime in soon...

I think the first squat there was kinda squat-morning-ish. Not having a go - it's something that happens with a lot of lifters, it seems.

And for the deadlift, it could be that you need to take the slack out of the bar in your setup, get that body tightness thing happening, and make it one relatively smooth movement.

Other than that, there's not much that occurs to me. Again, others could probably be more help.

Either way, you're shifting some big weight already, Kels. Good stuff.

Gym PRs: Squat 160kg/352.7lbs, Bench 112.5kg/248lbs, Deadlift 220kg/485lbs, Strict Press 72.5kg/159.8lbs

My new training log
Dray is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 06-08-2014, 10:21 AM   #313
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,480,642, Level: 100 Points: 1,480,642, Level: 100 Points: 1,480,642, Level: 100
Activity: 44% Activity: 44% Activity: 44%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kels View Post
Training 7th June:

Any comments are more than welcome. I'm still definitely a newbie!

Overall Kels it looks good. The main thing I see is a loose upper back. Your elbows move up a bit even before you squat. Try to keep your grip tight and your arms and elbows locked down. They don't have to be pointed down, just tighten down.

When you get towards the hole your upper back looseness is already contributing to some forward lean. This is helping to fold you over in the hole.

Also notice on the first squat you start with the bar above the middle of your feet, and immediately after you initiate the squat the bar starts moving forward. Try to set your chest, tighten your lower back and then initiate by not thinking so much about driving the hips back, but staying tight and sinking the bar down. Does that make sense?

Once you find that initial first groove over the course of the first several inches, and everything is tight, then let the hips go back naturally. I think you may actually be hyperextending your lower back inward rather than just tightening it.

Also, you're getting some butt wink in the hole. Squats are deep. Try bring them up just a hair before the butt wink. When you get butt wink the hamstrings are stretched as far as they can go, and the body is going to find some other way for you so sink. This can involve forward lean.

Deadlift. Sink those hips to your normal position of comfort, and tighten down that lower back. Lock those arms, and get your shoulders as far as you can away from the bar before pulling.

Now, instead of trying to lift the bar, think about standing up. Initiate the deadlift by driving the head up, not pulling on the bar. You are tugging on the bar and your hips are moving up, putting you in a bad leverage position. You want to get that lower back tight and think "stand up, drive hips forward to lockout."

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 06-08-2014, 02:15 PM   #314
LindenGarcia18
LindenGarcia18
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 7,472, Level: 57 Points: 7,472, Level: 57 Points: 7,472, Level: 57
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: One arm dumbbell rows.
My Mood: Happy
LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast

Awesome work in here Kels. keep it up!
LindenGarcia18 is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 06-08-2014, 05:21 PM   #315
Kels
Kels
has no status.
Uber Brawn

Kels is a consistent contributorKels is a consistent contributorKels is a consistent contributorKels is a consistent contributorKels is a consistent contributorKels is a consistent contributorKels is a consistent contributorKels is a consistent contributorKels is a consistent contributorKels is a consistent contributorKels is a consistent contributor

Thanks all! Definitely helpful!

Kels is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 06-10-2014, 04:42 AM   #316
Kels
Kels
has no status.
Uber Brawn

Monday 9th June

Squats
10 x 26kg
5 x 40kg
6 x 5 x 50kg (some paused)

Bench press
10 x 20kg
5 x 28kg
3 x 35kg
1 x 40kg
1 x 43kg
1 x 46kg