Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 12-22-2009, 09:58 AM   #11
Fcat611
Fcat611
has no status.
Brawn
Points: 1,879, Level: 25 Points: 1,879, Level: 25 Points: 1,879, Level: 25
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Fcat611 is off to a bad start

huh? jeez!!! NOW MILK IS BAD FOR THE BODY WHICH SUPPLEMENT COMPANY CAME UP WITH THIS ONE ROFLROFLROFL!!!

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2009, 09:58 AM   #12
Fcat611
Fcat611
has no status.
Brawn
Points: 1,879, Level: 25 Points: 1,879, Level: 25 Points: 1,879, Level: 25
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Fcat611 is off to a bad start

ooops sorry caps locker was on.

Share with Facebook
Old 12-23-2009, 07:52 PM   #13
JBlack16
JBlack16
is lifting heavy weight
Uber Brawn
Points: 2,155, Level: 28 Points: 2,155, Level: 28 Points: 2,155, Level: 28
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

JBlack16 is a consistent contributorJBlack16 is a consistent contributorJBlack16 is a consistent contributorJBlack16 is a consistent contributorJBlack16 is a consistent contributorJBlack16 is a consistent contributorJBlack16 is a consistent contributorJBlack16 is a consistent contributorJBlack16 is a consistent contributorJBlack16 is a consistent contributorJBlack16 is a consistent contributor

Alright guys, I have been having steak for dinner for the past couple of days and my dads goes why are you eating steak every night? I go because its got the proteins, and he says you know its high in chlorestral and fat. Soooo my question is that true? What kind of steak should I buy, lately its been the cheap stuff, think its called chuck tender steak. Any certain steak in particular to look for/watch out for?
JBlack16 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 12-23-2009, 08:15 PM   #14
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,479,431, Level: 100 Points: 1,479,431, Level: 100 Points: 1,479,431, Level: 100
Activity: 43% Activity: 43% Activity: 43%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBlack16 View Post
Alright guys, I have been having steak for dinner for the past couple of days and my dads goes why are you eating steak every night? I go because its got the proteins, and he says you know its high in chlorestral and fat. Soooo my question is that true? What kind of steak should I buy, lately its been the cheap stuff, think its called chuck tender steak. Any certain steak in particular to look for/watch out for?
Lean red meat is not bad for you. It is the most anabolic of all meat. Yes, it does have some fat. Choose leaner cuts. Beef is very vitamin/mineral dense, and is one of the best foods you can eat.

Quote:
Moreover, while some cuts of meat are higher in saturated fat, all red meat is high in protein, iron, B vitamins, zinc, choline, and selenium, a mineral implicated in preventing cancer and improving cardiovascular health. Ounce for ounce beef has twice the thiamine and riboflavin, three times the iron, five times the zinc, and seven times the B12 of chicken. Beef also contains conjugated linoleic acid, (CLA), which has inhibited cancer growth in laboratory animals. Half of the fat in beef is monosaturated fat, (like olive oil), which has been hailed as having many health benefits. Less than half of the total fat in beef is saturated fat and one third of it is stearic acid, a particular saturated fat that has no effect on cholesterol.
Bottom line...don't fear the beef. Lean meat in any form is healthy. There are a lot of reasons behind food myths. Always keep a balance, and remember that beef is healthier then a donut or Doritos.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 12-24-2009, 12:35 AM   #15
JBlack16
JBlack16
is lifting heavy weight
Uber Brawn
Points: 2,155, Level: 28 Points: 2,155, Level: 28 Points: 2,155, Level: 28

JBlack16 is a consistent contributorJBlack16 is a consistent contributorJBlack16 is a consistent contributorJBlack16 is a consistent contributorJBlack16 is a consistent contributorJBlack16 is a consistent contributorJBlack16 is a consistent contributorJBlack16 is a consistent contributorJBlack16 is a consistent contributorJBlack16 is a consistent contributorJBlack16 is a consistent contributor

Alright thanks Steve, as I got Tuna, Chicken, Turkey, and Steak in my diet, so I am all good. On a side note, I ate pizza rolls today and I used to eat those things all the time, I ate some today and BLAH, gross! Eating healthy ftw! Plus I get to enjoy all those I listed above! Win-Win Situation! One more question what about pork chops?
JBlack16 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 12-24-2009, 08:24 AM   #16
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,479,431, Level: 100 Points: 1,479,431, Level: 100 Points: 1,479,431, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Alright thanks Steve, as I got Tuna, Chicken, Turkey, and Steak in my diet, so I am all good. On a side note, I ate pizza rolls today and I used to eat those things all the time, I ate some today and BLAH, gross! Eating healthy ftw! Plus I get to enjoy all those I listed above! Win-Win Situation! One more question what about pork chops?
Lean pork is very solid.

Also, some other good suggestions are tilapia. It's a pretty tasteless fish and even lightly breaded, doesn't have many calories. While we're on the topic, I eat fat free string cheese. 4 pieces are only 200 cals.

You eat eggs at all?

Share with Facebook
Old 12-28-2009, 11:00 PM   #17
big valsalva
big valsalva
going to deadlift the world
Viking Warrior
Max Brawn
Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 10 years
Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Meat
My Mood: Cheerful
big valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Lean red meat is not bad for you. It is the most anabolic of all meat. Yes, it does have some fat. Choose leaner cuts. Beef is very vitamin/mineral dense, and is one of the best foods you can eat.

Bottom line...don't fear the beef. Lean meat in any form is healthy. There are a lot of reasons behind food myths. Always keep a balance, and remember that beef is healthier then a donut or Doritos.
Not to hijack the thread or anything, but at work today, I got an email from a gal in the office. It went something like this: "While supplies last! In honor of my birthday, there are donuts and Doritos at my cube!" No shit.

Cancer Survivor - 7/21/10

Benchmark 5K time: 27:45 (3/5/11)

It's not the weight we move, but the people we move that matters. -- Bearded Beast of Duloc (12/31/10)
big valsalva is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 12-28-2009, 11:06 PM   #18
kman025
kman025
out of shape :)
1st MOM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72

My Mood: Daring
kman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by big valsalva View Post
Not to hijack the thread or anything, but at work today, I got an email from a gal in the office. It went something like this: "While supplies last! In honor of my birthday, there are donuts and Doritos at my cube!" No shit.
hahahaha
User owns 1x Pumping Iron (25th Anniversary Special Edition)

Share with Facebook
Old 12-29-2009, 08:55 AM   #19
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by big valsalva View Post
Ha! I hope she was good looking.

Share with Facebook
Old 12-29-2009, 10:57 AM   #20
nighttrain
nighttrain
is heading back over the atlantic
Max Brawn
Points: 10,795, Level: 68 Points: 10,795, Level: 68 Points: 10,795, Level: 68

Air Hockey Average Champion! Football Frenzy Champion! Yahtzee! Champion!
Tournaments Won: 1

Training Exp: 20+
My Mood: Inspired
nighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beast

Quote:
Flank steak.... 5oz of flank steak or beef tenderlion will give you approx. 45gr of protien

Share with Facebook