Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 12-21-2009, 06:03 PM   #11
rippednmichigan
rippednmichigan
robert@flexfitnessandnutrition.com
Social Media Manager/REP
Max Brawn
Points: 22,927, Level: 93 Points: 22,927, Level: 93 Points: 22,927, Level: 93
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: EFX K-Otic Orange Ambush
My Mood: Daring
rippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickB View Post
I also want to say...although this mainly applies to noobs, I've seen a seasoned lifter flip flop more than some noobs.
I am guilty of this, a lot of times I just get bored. Bad idea as I'm usually always making gains then switch things up. I'm set now though.
User owns 3x $30 I\'ll Pump You Up cash User owns 1x $20 I\'ll Pump You Up cash

Pure-Potent-Drug Free

http://allamericanefx.com/

Certified Personal Trainer
Training and Nutrition at
www.flexfitnessandnutrition.com

"Take control and push your limits!"
rippednmichigan is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2009, 07:05 PM   #12
glwanabe
glwanabe
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 14,731, Level: 78 Points: 14,731, Level: 78 Points: 14,731, Level: 78
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Always stick with the basics as much as possible. They should remain the core of your program.

When you see an issue of not continuing to make gains, then you need to analyze what is happening. You may be stalled for a number of reasons.

You could be tired and need a few days rest, maybe even a week.

You may need to deprioratize the core lift and work on the synergist muscles, and bring them up to strength some more.

You may just need to drop your weight back, and do one of two things. Alter your rep range from your current scheme, or just take another run at the weight you find your self stuck at. The deload may be just enough to let you catch your breath, so to speak.

Maybe you need to eat more.

It may also be that only one lift is stuck, but you still progressing on the others. This is definately not the time to abandon your whole routine. Small tweaks are needed. Don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

Patience is always needed in this sport. Progress is measured in weeks, and months, not hours or days. One rep or one pound is progress.

Personally, I think that if you keep progression as the focal point, that most people can use the same routine for a long time. This notion of you need to change every 6-8 weeks is kinda absurd. Simply swapping the way you order you moves per sesson can be a huge difference on how your workout go's.

I think an important aspect is being able to analyze for yourself and see whats needed. If you can do that, you should be able to go for years with small course changes along the way.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 12-22-2009, 12:37 AM   #13
Bodybygamma
Bodybygamma
No B.S. approach
Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 3+years PL/SM Comps
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: DEATH-LIFT
Fav Supp: Muscle-Juice/MonsterRehab
My Mood: Aggressive
Bodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master member

Stay with something at least 4-6 weeks and tweak it as need be, but nothing to drastic. If it ain't broke don't "fix" it.
Bodybygamma is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 12-23-2009, 04:34 PM   #14
PaloAltoTim
PaloAltoTim
has no status.
PaloAltoLabs Rep
New Brawn
Points: 254, Level: 5 Points: 254, Level: 5 Points: 254, Level: 5
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

My Mood: Relaxed
PaloAltoTim has made some quality postsPaloAltoTim has made some quality postsPaloAltoTim has made some quality postsPaloAltoTim has made some quality postsPaloAltoTim has made some quality postsPaloAltoTim has made some quality posts

I'm also for the KISS method esp with beginners. I just do the basics myself. Once I get to my goals then maybe I change it up and work some other areas. Until then simple, same and steady..

Share with Facebook