Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 01-31-2014, 10:28 AM   #21
BobbyMac
BobbyMac
must break you
Brawn
Points: 1,208, Level: 19 Points: 1,208, Level: 19 Points: 1,208, Level: 19
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: about 3y (total combined)
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench
Fav Supp: goat milk
BobbyMac is a dedicated contributorBobbyMac is a dedicated contributorBobbyMac is a dedicated contributorBobbyMac is a dedicated contributorBobbyMac is a dedicated contributorBobbyMac is a dedicated contributorBobbyMac is a dedicated contributorBobbyMac is a dedicated contributorBobbyMac is a dedicated contributorBobbyMac is a dedicated contributorBobbyMac is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by syn View Post
Its cold, damp & stinks of dog - but I love it. have put in a boxing bag as well, will get updated pics soon

I'm an aspiring home gym aficionado. Once I get a home, I'll make a gym. This is kind of what I picture my gym to be like. Did you use some sort of plan/blueprint for your wooden squat rack or did you just eyeball it and go for it (this is coming from a guy who knows nothing about building crap by himself)?

My training log: Twice a Week, Twice the Recovery!
BJJ in Moldova: Pride Moldova BJJ
Short documentary on BJJ in Moldova: Undocumented Territory
Facebook link
BobbyMac is online now   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2014, 11:15 AM   #22
syn
syn
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 3,880, Level: 39 Points: 3,880, Level: 39 Points: 3,880, Level: 39
Activity: 19% Activity: 19% Activity: 19%

Training Exp: not enough
Fav Exercise: deadlift
Fav Supp: coffee
My Mood: Buzzed
syn is a lifting machinesyn is a lifting machinesyn is a lifting machinesyn is a lifting machinesyn is a lifting machinesyn is a lifting machinesyn is a lifting machinesyn is a lifting machinesyn is a lifting machinesyn is a lifting machinesyn is a lifting machine

Bobby - took the measurements off one I seen on ebay and built it out of wood and adjusted slightly, heres the blue prints I drew up

previous version without safety bar

syn is online now   Reply With Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Old 02-07-2014, 04:14 PM   #23
BobbyMac
BobbyMac
must break you
Brawn

BobbyMac is a dedicated contributorBobbyMac is a dedicated contributorBobbyMac is a dedicated contributorBobbyMac is a dedicated contributorBobbyMac is a dedicated contributorBobbyMac is a dedicated contributorBobbyMac is a dedicated contributorBobbyMac is a dedicated contributorBobbyMac is a dedicated contributorBobbyMac is a dedicated contributorBobbyMac is a dedicated contributor

Awesome man. That looks super simple. I have a couple of questions though...

1) I noticed there's a board that connects on top as well. What would be the measurement for that?

2) How much weight are you able to put up on there without it getting too sketchy?

Thanks for the feedback.

Facebook link

Share with Facebook
Old 03-03-2014, 12:49 PM   #24
syn
syn
has no status.
Max Brawn

syn is a lifting machinesyn is a lifting machinesyn is a lifting machinesyn is a lifting machinesyn is a lifting machinesyn is a lifting machinesyn is a lifting machinesyn is a lifting machinesyn is a lifting machinesyn is a lifting machinesyn is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyMac View Post
Awesome man. That looks super simple. I have a couple of questions though...

1) I noticed there's a board that connects on top as well. What would be the measurement for that?

2) How much weight are you able to put up on there without it getting too sketchy?

Thanks for the feedback.
Bobby- really sorry for the delay man, just seen this now.

the most I have put up on it 120kg, this seemed fine.

as for the bars at the top, if its the small one bars that connect the the front and back bars, I cant say, I kinda of made some changes on the fly.

I have another design in mind. Ill draw it up for you in the coming days. something the will be easier to build & hold more weight

Share with Facebook
Old 03-03-2014, 02:22 PM   #25
BobbyMac
BobbyMac
must break you
Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by syn View Post
Bobby- really sorry for the delay man, just seen this now.

the most I have put up on it 120kg, this seemed fine.

as for the bars at the top, if its the small one bars that connect the the front and back bars, I cant say, I kinda of made some changes on the fly.

I have another design in mind. Ill draw it up for you in the coming days. something the will be easier to build & hold more weight
Awesome. Looking forward to seeing your new idea.

Facebook link

Share with Facebook
Old 03-20-2014, 08:19 AM   #26
syn
syn
has no status.
Max Brawn

Bobby, here's the updated design for anyone who doesn't want to cut angles etc

ignore the bad terminology

if you use 4inch x 4inch lengths of timber and double them up on the areas that the bar will rest this should be quite strong.

no Guarantees though!

Share with Facebook
Old 03-20-2014, 12:08 PM   #27
BobbyMac
BobbyMac
must break you
Brawn

Nice. Looks like you should maybe use some wood glue to secure some of the beams... anyway, thanks for the info. It'll be a while before I actually start building one of these but at least now I have a point of reference.

Thanks again and keep posting your home gym pics!

Facebook link

Share with Facebook
Old 03-20-2014, 12:38 PM   #28
syn
syn
has no status.
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyMac View Post
Nice. Looks like you should maybe use some wood glue to secure some of the beams... anyway, thanks for the info. It'll be a while before I actually start building one of these but at least now I have a point of reference.

Thanks again and keep posting your home gym pics!
Ill go into more detail soon.

pre bore the wood before you screw it together, and glueing is definitely recommended. metal brackets could be used also, haven't fully thought it out,
some of these things change on the fly.

Share with Facebook
Old 03-20-2014, 01:23 PM   #29
chiroman
chiroman
has no status.
Brawn
Points: 526, Level: 10 Points: 526, Level: 10 Points: 526, Level: 10
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: off and on
Training Type: Powerbuilding
My Mood: Cool
chiroman has made some very good postschiroman has made some very good postschiroman has made some very good postschiroman has made some very good postschiroman has made some very good postschiroman has made some very good postschiroman has made some very good postschiroman has made some very good postschiroman has made some very good postschiroman has made some very good postschiroman has made some very good posts

I'm looking at starting a power gym in my town. Myself and several other guys at the fitness center (blah) are kind of tired of the anti weight lifting attitude. Does anyone have any info on finding good quality equipment (bars, dumbbells, racks, etc...) that are affordable. This is not a money making venture just a place to train hard venture, equipment looks don't count.
chiroman is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 03-20-2014, 01:48 PM   #30
Beverly McD
Beverly McD
Texas
Max Brawn
Points: 2,132, Level: 27 Points: 2,132, Level: 27 Points: 2,132, Level: 27
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: Since 1987
Training Type: Powerlifting
My Mood: Amused
Beverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiroman View Post
I'm looking at starting a power gym in my town. Myself and several other guys at the fitness center (blah) are kind of tired of the anti weight lifting attitude. Does anyone have any info on finding good quality equipment (bars, dumbbells, racks, etc...) that are affordable. This is not a money making venture just a place to train hard venture, equipment looks don't count.
Not sure how close you are to the Texas/Louisiana state line but Garry Frank (Baton Rouge Louisiana)sells tons of used equipment. You name it, he's usually got it.
Beverly McD is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook