Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 10-24-2013, 04:40 PM   #1
HumanHorrorFilm
HumanHorrorFilm
has no status.
Wolfman of Ironsport
Max Brawn
Points: 7,785, Level: 59 Points: 7,785, Level: 59 Points: 7,785, Level: 59
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

My Mood: Aggressive
HumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beast

Default Favorite Films/Directors

This is an extension of a conversation a few of us were having in the Shoutbox, but I was thinking we could talk about some of our favorite flicks in here. I know we have the "most recently watched" but this could be a more specific in terms of discussion.

Who knows, we could even get an MAB Movie Club going out of this.
"Before the Beginning, after the great war between Heaven and Hell, God created the Earth and gave dominion over it to the crafty ape he called Man. And to each generation was born a Creature of Light and a Creature of Darkness... and great armies clashed by night in the ancient war between good and evil. There was magic then. Nobility. And unimaginable cruelty. And so it was until the day that a false sun exploded over Trinity, and man forever traded away wonder for reason."

Reigning Undisputed MAB Beard Champion

HumanHorrorFilm is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2013, 04:45 PM   #2
Adamite1114
Adamite1114
Is getting bigger.
Uber Brawn
Points: 2,356, Level: 29 Points: 2,356, Level: 29 Points: 2,356, Level: 29
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: on and off 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift, Squats
Fav Supp: Phosflex
My Mood: Mellow
Adamite1114 is a dedicated contributorAdamite1114 is a dedicated contributorAdamite1114 is a dedicated contributorAdamite1114 is a dedicated contributorAdamite1114 is a dedicated contributorAdamite1114 is a dedicated contributorAdamite1114 is a dedicated contributorAdamite1114 is a dedicated contributorAdamite1114 is a dedicated contributorAdamite1114 is a dedicated contributorAdamite1114 is a dedicated contributor

Heard that Kubrick absolutely hated Shelley Duvall during the filming of this movie and actually tormented her just for fun.
Adamite1114 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 10-24-2013, 04:50 PM   #3
HumanHorrorFilm
HumanHorrorFilm
has no status.
Wolfman of Ironsport
Max Brawn

HumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beast

LOL! Yep. Kubrick was a psychopath

http://www.cracked.com/article_19099...se-murder.html
"Before the Beginning, after the great war between Heaven and Hell, God created the Earth and gave dominion over it to the crafty ape he called Man. And to each generation was born a Creature of Light and a Creature of Darkness... and great armies clashed by night in the ancient war between good and evil. There was magic then. Nobility. And unimaginable cruelty. And so it was until the day that a false sun exploded over Trinity, and man forever traded away wonder for reason."

Share with Facebook
Old 10-24-2013, 05:05 PM   #4
5kgLifter
5kgLifter
loves teddy bears...
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Checkers Champion! Mario Kart Extreme! Champion! NG Holdem Champion! Javelin Champion! Mouse Batting Champion! Keno Champion!
Training Type: Other
My Mood: Cynical
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

The African Queen, John Huston. Great directing all-round.

Share with Facebook
Old 10-24-2013, 05:12 PM   #5
LindenGarcia18
LindenGarcia18
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 7,452, Level: 57 Points: 7,452, Level: 57 Points: 7,452, Level: 57
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: One arm dumbbell rows.
My Mood: Happy
LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast

Lord of the Rings. - Peter Jackson

Hands down one of the most incredible pieces of film. True master piece.

Everyone on the team for that film was incredible.

Howard Shore wrote the score too, and he's defiantly the best composer around now in my opinion.
The concerning hobbits music the the begging was incredible.
Top notch artwork too

What's more they we're totally away from the fake-ness (word?) of hollywood in New Zealand
Beautiful country to film such an incredible film.

Best thing is that it wasn't about money, but the love of making something special.

Something that seems to be lost in todays films.
LindenGarcia18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 10-24-2013, 05:17 PM   #6
HumanHorrorFilm
HumanHorrorFilm
has no status.
Wolfman of Ironsport
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindenGarcia18 View Post
Lord of the Rings. - Peter Jackson

Hands down one of the most incredible pieces of film. True master piece.

Everyone on the team for that film was incredible.

Howard Shore wrote the score too, and he's defiantly the best composer around now in my opinion.
The concerning hobbits music the the begging was incredible.
Top notch artwork too

What's more they we're totally away from the fake-ness (word?) of hollywood in New Zealand
Beautiful country to film such an incredible film.

Best thing is that it wasn't about money, but the love of making something special.

Something that seems to be lost in todays films.
He also didn't use one ounce of CGI on the landscape. Incredible, and cemented my love and desire to visit and eventually live in NZ

Share with Facebook
Old 10-24-2013, 05:18 PM   #7
Adamite1114
Adamite1114
Is getting bigger.
Uber Brawn
Points: 2,356, Level: 29 Points: 2,356, Level: 29 Points: 2,356, Level: 29
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: on and off 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift, Squats
Fav Supp: Phosflex
My Mood: Mellow
Adamite1114 is a dedicated contributorAdamite1114 is a dedicated contributorAdamite1114 is a dedicated contributorAdamite1114 is a dedicated contributorAdamite1114 is a dedicated contributorAdamite1114 is a dedicated contributorAdamite1114 is a dedicated contributorAdamite1114 is a dedicated contributorAdamite1114 is a dedicated contributorAdamite1114 is a dedicated contributorAdamite1114 is a dedicated contributor

Pretty much any movie based on a Philip K. Dick book is a personal favorite, especially A Scanner Darkly. And except the remake of Total Recall. that movie and can locked away in a closet and never heard of ever again.
Adamite1114 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 10-24-2013, 05:19 PM   #8
LindenGarcia18
LindenGarcia18
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 7,452, Level: 57 Points: 7,452, Level: 57 Points: 7,452, Level: 57
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: One arm dumbbell rows.
My Mood: Happy
LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast

Quote:
He also didn't use one ounce of CGI on the landscape. Incredible, and cemented my love and desire to visit and eventually live in NZ

Me too man, feel exactly the same.

I'm going to live there one day.
LindenGarcia18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 10-24-2013, 05:19 PM   #9
HumanHorrorFilm
HumanHorrorFilm
has no status.
Wolfman of Ironsport
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
The African Queen, John Huston. Great directing all-round.
I have never seen this. Will put it on my netflix queue

Share with Facebook
Old 10-24-2013, 05:21 PM   #10
HumanHorrorFilm
HumanHorrorFilm
has no status.
Wolfman of Ironsport
Max Brawn

I am a huge, huge fan of John Carpenter.

Made one of my all time favorite movies in The Thing, created two of the most iconic characters, EVER in Snake Plissken and Michael Myers and directed one of, if not THE absolute best hand to hand fight scene in cinema between Keith David and Roddy Piper in They Live

Share with Facebook