Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Mind and Motivation

Notices

Mind and Motivation This forum is for the cultivation of motivation, inner health, spiritual health and mental strength.

Old 10-26-2013, 09:56 PM   #1
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,521,010, Level: 100 Points: 1,521,010, Level: 100 Points: 1,521,010, Level: 100
Activity: 52% Activity: 52% Activity: 52%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default John Cleese on Creativity, Serious vs. Solemn

Ever had someone get irate when humor is injected into a serious topic? Give this a listen. John Cleese talks about how solemnity is used to elevate the views on one individual.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 10-27-2013 at 11:30 AM.
BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2013, 10:05 PM   #2
Cutty
Cutty
beastmode
Max Brawn
Points: 5,568, Level: 48 Points: 5,568, Level: 48 Points: 5,568, Level: 48
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 3.5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Supp: Amino Acids
My Mood: Inspired
Cutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master member

haha

Link to log

Max Gym Lifts: 495/300/605
Last Meet Lifts: 435/303/512

Passion without discipline is just a dream. - Steve Shaw

Sometimes you make your own pull by pushing forward. - Steve Shaw
Cutty is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 10-26-2013, 11:27 PM   #3
MikeM
MikeM
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Supp: Food
My Mood: Cheeky
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

My father died at home after a horrendous hospice stay that drained the whole family. He was barely conscious, but when he was all he could say was that he wanted to die. My mother did everything she could to keep him alive and we helped as we could.

Finally got the call one morning he had died and my sister and swooped down to help mom deal with it. Lots of agonizing grief, etc. However my family has always been irreverent, perhaps morbidly so.

Anyway, during the conversation at the funeral parlor while the manager was out seeing to the arrangements, it was asked when did he actually die and my mother replied she was with him in the morning, but left him to take the trash cans to the curb for pickup. When she came back he was dead. She said, he must have known she did not want to see him die.

My sister, who always had a strained relationship with my gruff father, who had an exceedingly dark and sarcastic humor, said, "more likely he was smart enough to know to wait until you had already taken out the trash!"

Well, we just laughed like we were fit to burst and it still makes me laugh to this day as I write this. We could barely get under control when the manager came back to finalize our arrangements. She was quite perturbed when she asked about any death notice in the paper and it was mentioned that it should not mention it was trash day when he died! Oh my. Quite perturbed.

That was as solemn as it gets, but I can honestly say cathartic doesn't do that moment justice, and further, that my father would have hated howling mourners and much preferred a grand old rowdy wake instead.

I believe he would have approved heartily at the way we handled that.

Best meet lifts: Sq 150 Kg (330 lb), Bench 120 Kg (264), DL 160 (352) @89 Kg (197)
Best gym lifts: Sq 375, Bench 280 (pause), DL 385 @205 or less
Goals: 3/4/5
Goals beyond my wildest dreams, 600 Kg raw total, 200/160/240

Hack away at anything which isn't essential. Do what you love, and do it often. Fazc.

Everything competes for recovery so more assistance is not always the best idea. miked96
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Old 10-27-2013, 11:31 AM   #4
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,521,010, Level: 100 Points: 1,521,010, Level: 100 Points: 1,521,010, Level: 100
Activity: 52% Activity: 52% Activity: 52%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM View Post

I believe he would have approved heartily at the way we handled that.
I think so.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook