Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Powerlifting & Strength Training

Notices

Powerlifting & Strength Training Topics related to powerlifting and strength training.

Old 10-05-2013, 07:48 AM   #11
ravimolasaria
ravimolasaria
Wanted to be as strong as a polar bear ...
Max Brawn
Points: 24,979, Level: 95 Points: 24,979, Level: 95 Points: 24,979, Level: 95
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Training Exp: 10
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Whatever makes me strong
My Mood: Yeehaw
ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!
What do you feel the pros are?
Damn big quads ...

Cons?
You will need money for new pants ...

Who could do them?
Whom so ever who is stopping at parallel ...

Should they be done?
W/o any doubt. Include ATG in your schedule and see your quads grow

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2013, 10:51 AM   #12
5kgLifter
5kgLifter
loves teddy bears...
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Checkers Champion! Mario Kart Extreme! Champion! NG Holdem Champion! Javelin Champion! Mouse Batting Champion! Keno Champion!
Training Type: Other
My Mood: Cynical
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Knees have a full ROM, unless there are issues with using the full ROM, it should be used...someone mentioned that people going A2G probably aren't lifting as heavy as they can, heavy is relative...the first pic is just to show full ROM (even if it's funny as well), all healthy people have full ROM of their knees...of course, when squatting ankle mobility as well as hip mobility comes in to that equation and will alter the range through which we are able to move. The second pic is to show a "heavy" A2G squat.

When choosing which to do, I suppose people would have to weigh up, if it were for a comp/meet, how much weight may have to be sacrificed for the extra ROM, possibly.

Some athletes will be seen using partial squats and not the full ROM, but they are specific to the sport, whether others choose to ridicule them or not, they have their place.

Pic 1:

Pic 2:

Last edited by 5kgLifter; 10-05-2013 at 10:55 AM. Reason: grammar clarification
5kgLifter is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Old 10-05-2013, 11:03 AM   #13
zach90
zach90
getin stronger daily
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,639, Level: 23 Points: 1,639, Level: 23 Points: 1,639, Level: 23
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 6 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: curls... lol jk DEADS
Fav Supp: moe food
zach90 is a dedicated contributorzach90 is a dedicated contributorzach90 is a dedicated contributorzach90 is a dedicated contributorzach90 is a dedicated contributorzach90 is a dedicated contributorzach90 is a dedicated contributorzach90 is a dedicated contributorzach90 is a dedicated contributorzach90 is a dedicated contributorzach90 is a dedicated contributor

if you think that you sacrifice weight for ROM when you do a ATG squat you must have never really tried. when i do atg squats my legs get stimulated so much more than when i just do parallel. going that low makes your moderate weight feel heavy because the body isnt use to producing force at such a low position.
zach90 is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook