Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 09-28-2013, 10:23 PM   #1
The Badass
The Badass
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 5,254, Level: 46 Points: 5,254, Level: 46 Points: 5,254, Level: 46
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: since 2006
Training Type: Other
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: EGGS & BACON
My Mood: Chatty
The Badass is a dedicated contributorThe Badass is a dedicated contributorThe Badass is a dedicated contributorThe Badass is a dedicated contributorThe Badass is a dedicated contributorThe Badass is a dedicated contributorThe Badass is a dedicated contributorThe Badass is a dedicated contributorThe Badass is a dedicated contributorThe Badass is a dedicated contributorThe Badass is a dedicated contributor

I need some help....ideas....anything.

I am getting kinda bored with the routine. I am in the 5th week even though I already wrote up week 6. Posted below is the training logs for weeks 1 through 6.

There is 20 min of CARDIO after every session and an additional 20 min of CARDIO On Tue, Wed & Friday morning before work.

Last edited by BendtheBar; 10-02-2013 at 01:07 PM.
The Badass is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2013, 04:18 AM   #2
afraziaaaa
afraziaaaa
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 2,829, Level: 32 Points: 2,829, Level: 32 Points: 2,829, Level: 32
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Whey Protein
afraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machine

I assume your goals are aesthetics/hypertrophy...? Why no BB squats or deadlifts?

If you're bored, do something different. Just looking at that routine is boring me, lol. I used to do something similar though and while very repetitive, it worked for hypertrophy.

You could try an upper/lower split 4 days per week. You could try using more compound movements and less isolation movements, or even only compound movements. The benefit of this is that you spend less time "grinding" out 24 sets of the same old exercises for two hours on arm day. Anyone would get bored with that, unless you are training for a bodybuilding show. You could do 5x5, 6x6, less volume higher intensity.

There are lots of possibilities. I would just pick something and try it out. If it sucks, or if you don't see progress, do something different. It is ok to not do the most optimal routine all the time. Or to put it another way, the most optimal routine is the one you're not currently doing.

One routine I have wanted to try in the past few years, but haven't is Bill Kazmeier's powerbuilding routine.
afraziaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Old 09-29-2013, 06:06 AM   #3
big_swede
big_swede
Strongman
Max Brawn
Points: 33,381, Level: 100 Points: 33,381, Level: 100 Points: 33,381, Level: 100
Activity: 23% Activity: 23% Activity: 23%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
My Mood: Yeehaw
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Hit the gym 5-7 days a week, train only compounds and aim for pain and PRs, not %.

Crush it, dont think. Do.

4 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Old 09-29-2013, 08:59 AM   #4
Carl1174
Carl1174
is trying to take the first step in a long road back...
Max Brawn
Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77
Activity: 43% Activity: 43% Activity: 43%

Training Exp: 3-4 years
Training Type: Fullbody
My Mood: Bashful
Carl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machine

Why dont you post up what your goals are, current weights used on the big compund lifts (Squat, Deads, BP, OHP) so that the members can see where you are currently and then perhaps we could recommend some routines that are suitable/appropriate to your level of experience and goals.

Regards
Carl1174 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 09-29-2013, 11:20 AM   #5
MikeC
MikeC
is hungry again
Uber Brawn
Points: 5,424, Level: 47 Points: 5,424, Level: 47 Points: 5,424, Level: 47
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Tournaments Won: 1

MikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributor

If you're bored start training for yourself. You know what progressive resistance is. You know what the best exercises are. Make a workout that doesn't bore you using these tools.
MikeC is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook