Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 09-29-2013, 06:41 PM   #21
BigJosh
BigJosh
"the Grinder"
Max Brawn
Points: 10,944, Level: 69 Points: 10,944, Level: 69 Points: 10,944, Level: 69
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Monster Memory Champion! Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion! Wheel Of Fortune Champion! Portal Champion! SpongeBob's Pizza Toss Champion! Bumper Cards Champion! ATV Winter Challenge Champion! NBA Spirit Champion! Torino 2006 Curling Champion! Ultimate Football Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
My Mood: Cool
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member

I will be honest. I reacted and posted in this thread as a result of feeling that every time the gun topic is brought up my iron brothers and sisters from across the pond come out of the wood work and attack me. I am told I am a murderer, that I am paranoid, that I am a "nutter", and that my culture is inferior because of my choice to own firearms.
I find it offensive, hurtful, oppressive, judgmental, and down right bigoted.
You do not know me and have never meet me, yet you sit from a far and condemn me. It is not fair nor reasonable. You do not understand this gun culture. You have never experienced this gun culture. It is not a movement of lunatics and crazies. It is a part of life that has deep roots in our history and traditions.
My father owned firearms. My father's father owned firearms. I was raised with them and raised to respect them and view them as a liability and responsibility. The best memories I have of my father involve going out shooting.
I believe strongly in my right to own them. Just as strongly I believe that criminals and the mental unstable have no right to own them.
Furthermore, I want to let you all know, I could care less how you live your lives across the pond. It truly is the right of your culture to live how you determine is right. I will not ever judge you from a far. I respect your culture. I ask that you respect mine. You don't have to understand my culture, but it is MY culture, and I ask that I not be attacked for it.

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2013, 08:12 PM   #22
SCStrong
SCStrong
blamed it on the dog
Max Brawn
Points: 3,700, Level: 38 Points: 3,700, Level: 38 Points: 3,700, Level: 38
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

Training Exp: One more than last year
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: The ones that make me cry
Fav Supp: Seared Beast
My Mood: Aggressive
SCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJosh View Post
I will be honest. I reacted and posted in this thread as a result of feeling that every time the gun topic is brought up my iron brothers and sisters from across the pond come out of the wood work and attack me. I am told I am a murderer, that I am paranoid, that I am a "nutter", and that my culture is inferior because of my choice to own firearms.
I find it offensive, hurtful, oppressive, judgmental, and down right bigoted.
You do not know me and have never meet me, yet you sit from a far and condemn me. It is not fair nor reasonable. You do not understand this gun culture. You have never experienced this gun culture. It is not a movement of lunatics and crazies. It is a part of life that has deep roots in our history and traditions.
My father owned firearms. My father's father owned firearms. I was raised with them and raised to respect them and view them as a liability and responsibility. The best memories I have of my father involve going out shooting.
I believe strongly in my right to own them. Just as strongly I believe that criminals and the mental unstable have no right to own them.
Furthermore, I want to let you all know, I could care less how you live your lives across the pond. It truly is the right of your culture to live how you determine is right. I will not ever judge you from a far. I respect your culture. I ask that you respect mine. You don't have to understand my culture, but it is MY culture, and I ask that I not be attacked for it.
this -

Share with Facebook
Old 09-29-2013, 09:27 PM   #23
EliteDreams
EliteDreams
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing
Moderation is for cowards
Max Brawn
Points: 12,275, Level: 72 Points: 12,275, Level: 72 Points: 12,275, Level: 72
Activity: 39% Activity: 39% Activity: 39%

Training Exp: Started 5/2/11
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: PRs
Fav Supp: Steak
My Mood: Asleep
EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!

I find Kleurs use of the word miniscule to be frightening. As well as the talk about tanks being taken way out of proportion.

Nobody is ignorant here. We know that carrying a weapon is a tremendous responsibility and liability. I acted wrongly. As have others.

But using the word miniscule to describe a mother who draws her gun because her child is in the car with the carjacker...see, we can all twist it to work to our own advantage.

The reality is I would much rather be shot by a drunk friend than know my wife or child has no right at all to defend themselves, no ability to equalize a situation should they choose to do so.

I've made my points more then once. I will now step back and simmer down.

The gates of hell have been unlocked, headstones pushed aside!

Last edited by EliteDreams; 09-29-2013 at 09:47 PM.
EliteDreams is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook