Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 09-26-2013, 11:38 AM   #1
SeventySeven
SeventySeven
Pursuing progression with aggression
Max Brawn
Points: 5,526, Level: 47 Points: 5,526, Level: 47 Points: 5,526, Level: 47
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Tournaments Won: 1

Training Exp: 1 year+
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Xtend
My Mood: Twisted
SeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machine
Default Dave Tate is a gym douchebag

http://asp.elitefts.net/qa/training-...195506&tid=124
AND SO AM I!

Quote:
Now to break it down:

1. Talking Loud in the Gym - The music is so loud it's the only way to be heard. Plus when you are coaching someone squatting 700 or benching 500 you NEED to shout loud for them to hear your verbal cues.

2. Wearing a $30 affection shirt in the gym - what the hell else are you going to do with it once you realize how stupid they are to wear in public.

3. Talking on my cell phone when working out. - This is the best way to get someone to stop talking to you. You pull the "fake call trick". This way you can get ready for your next set. Plus, there are times I have to call into the office to have some guys come out and give me a spot.

4. Wearing sandles in the gym - You know sometimes your back is to jacked up to put shoes on. I should stay home and not train instead?

5. Hogging machines - If you are actually strong it will take 5-6 warm up sets to get to your work sets. These sets take time. A good squat, dead or bench session could easy take 30-45 minutes if your strong. Add gear and you can triple that time ez.

6. The Jerk Face - this is called "entering the void". If you are going to do something intense you better get your head right and sometimes that means turning into a BAMF. Plus if you are given that face then you MIGHT want to look at yourself and ask why.

7. Giving advice in the gym - called passing on. When you have 30 years doing this shit and you see something that can help someone break their PR you tell them.

8. Grunting in the gym - if your guts are not spilling out your are not training hard.

9. Douchebag form - You mean things like a JM Press, Goodmorning, Meadows row? These are all awesome movements.

10. Horders in the gym - I do need a yoke bar, ez straps, chains, box squat boxes, chalk box, chair and other shit just to squat. Deal with it. Hell, I also need neoprene shorts, knee sleeves, waist band, belt, hat, boxing shoes, ammonia caps, .....

11. "The competitor" - Serious? who wants to look like a puss in the gym?

12. Creeping on chicks. The girls in my gym all squat over 300 pounds so you bet your ass I am watching them -- in case they need a squat or help with anything

This is why I am SO grateful I have my own place to train. I would hate to have to deal with all the other Douchebags like me.

Last edited by BendtheBar; 09-26-2013 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Edited in content to save carpal tunnel
SeventySeven is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2013, 11:56 AM   #2
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,351,351, Level: 100 Points: 1,351,351, Level: 100 Points: 1,351,351, Level: 100
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

The site that made this banned me years ago for calling out their "guru" on his claim of having 22" natural arms.

Not a fan.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Old 09-26-2013, 12:09 PM   #3
SeventySeven
SeventySeven
Pursuing progression with aggression
Max Brawn
Points: 5,526, Level: 47 Points: 5,526, Level: 47 Points: 5,526, Level: 47
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Tournaments Won: 1

Training Exp: 1 year+
Fav Supp: Xtend
SeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machine

Yeah he seems like a complete moron.

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Old 09-26-2013, 05:17 PM   #4
Epinephrine
Epinephrine
is building the beast
Brawn
Points: 856, Level: 15 Points: 856, Level: 15 Points: 856, Level: 15
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Epinephrine is a consistent contributorEpinephrine is a consistent contributorEpinephrine is a consistent contributorEpinephrine is a consistent contributorEpinephrine is a consistent contributorEpinephrine is a consistent contributorEpinephrine is a consistent contributorEpinephrine is a consistent contributorEpinephrine is a consistent contributorEpinephrine is a consistent contributorEpinephrine is a consistent contributor

Mohawk + 10 strength

Share with Facebook
Old 09-26-2013, 06:07 PM   #5
1morerep
1morerep
is in a mission
Max Brawn
Points: 5,041, Level: 45 Points: 5,041, Level: 45 Points: 5,041, Level: 45
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

My Mood: Yeehaw
1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast

Saw the video about a week ago and ago I though that he (TIM) (OR THEIR BOARD) was the creator of those 15 points.

HMMMM.....

never mind...Dave post it on his website. I was backward!!!

540/385/515 (previous meet)

http://www.metalmilitia-va.com/

Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go!!!

1MOREREP 2014

Last edited by 1morerep; 09-26-2013 at 08:38 PM.
1morerep is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook