Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 09-16-2013, 05:42 PM   #11
LindenGarcia18
LindenGarcia18
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: One arm dumbbell rows.
My Mood: Happy
LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
You still aren't even past puberty. Your bones and tendons and everything else are still growing. You aren't even man-sized yet. Just because something is growing doesn't mean it's all fat.

In addition, your waist is not all fat and bone. You have back and ab muscles that are growing.

Use the mirror as your judge.

Also, you have barely tapped into gains. You have 22 to 34 months of crazy gains left. Relax. Keep doing what you're doing and stop with this "I am getting fat" nonsense.

You look 100x better than you did 2 months ago. Trust the process.

So by that account I assume if my gains are still at peak for a while yet, I wont be experiencing them slowing down anytime soon, and so the adding quality muscle while staying the same bf % thing still stands, correct?

Thanks Steve.
LindenGarcia18 is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2013, 05:47 PM   #12
Randoja
Randoja
was born to squat.
Powered by Purus
Max Brawn
Points: 7,378, Level: 57 Points: 7,378, Level: 57 Points: 7,378, Level: 57
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%

Training Exp: 12 years on and off.
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat/Bench/Dead
Fav Supp: Whole Milk
My Mood: Mo Fo
Randoja is a master memberRandoja is a master memberRandoja is a master memberRandoja is a master memberRandoja is a master memberRandoja is a master memberRandoja is a master memberRandoja is a master memberRandoja is a master memberRandoja is a master memberRandoja is a master member

Just keep doing what you are doing. That is all. Don't over think it.
www.puruslabs.net
www.unbreakablegear.com <--Save 10% on apparel with coupon code MAB10!
Meet PR's:451/270/501 (181) 479/270/529 (198) Best Total: 1212@181 1278@198
Randoja is online now   Reply With Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Old 09-17-2013, 06:12 AM   #13
5kgLifter
5kgLifter
loves teddy bears...
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Checkers Champion! Mario Kart Extreme! Champion! NG Holdem Champion! Javelin Champion! Mouse Batting Champion! Keno Champion!
Training Type: Other
My Mood: Cynical
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindenGarcia18 View Post
When I said I couldn't go on, I was meaning with the weights, not that I was suicidal.

...and I'll be seeing another therapist for some treatment in the following month.

...I know allot of you think I'm going to develop or already have developed and eating disorder.

I haven't.
I knew what you meant about the weights. Good to read that you'll be seeing a therapist.

I slightly tend to disagree with the eating disorder, you may be very borderline but there could well be an issue there; when you see the therapist, take a hard copy of a couple of these threads with you, especially if you never mentioned any of the fear of fat gain to the person that you spoke to initially whether in relation to your modelling job or otherwise.

The thing I find really odd is that any number of things could put a halt on your modelling job (I won't list any, you have enough problems to be dealing with already) yet you worry about the one that is less of a problem, basically, and the one that you're controlling very well, at the moment.

Just keep up what you've been doing and you'll be fine, you'll still have all the psychological crud to deal with but it looks like you're going to be dealing with that as well...any idea when you get to see the therapist?

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Old 09-17-2013, 10:13 AM   #14
LindenGarcia18
LindenGarcia18
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: One arm dumbbell rows.
My Mood: Happy
LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast

Quote:
I knew what you meant about the weights. Good to read that you'll be seeing a therapist.

I slightly tend to disagree with the eating disorder, you may be very borderline but there could well be an issue there; when you see the therapist, take a hard copy of a couple of these threads with you, especially if you never mentioned any of the fear of fat gain to the person that you spoke to initially whether in relation to your modelling job or otherwise.
Perhaps. Although I don't really show any of the signs. I've never thought I was fat, or that I was ever going to get fat.

Its fat in a relative term. That a models face has to have good definition, thats where the worry stems from.

Not that I think I'll look in the mirror in 6 months and see an unhealthy overweight teenager staring back at me.

I'll check it out never the less and do what you recommended.

Quote:
The thing I find really odd is that any number of things could put a halt on your modelling job (I won't list any, you have enough problems to be dealing with already)
I see what you mean.

I think its just because that'd be the worst one to cope with if it did happen.

Imagine what that'd do to my self esteem and confidence, it'd be terrible.

Also there's all the other reasons I worry about it that I bullet pointed in the post above.

Its just an all round huge fear not just about the modeling, even if its only one of many problems that could occur in the modeling sense

Quote:
yet you worry about the one that is less of a problem, basically, and the one that you're controlling very well, at the moment.
"At the moment" being the operative word.

Point is I don't really have anything under control. I just have to trust the process. Which I've being doing ok with, but as you can see its still very difficult.

Quote:
Just keep up what you've been doing and you'll be fine,
Its a weird thing, this OCD.

While I trust you all to the up-most, I'm still really worried.

I trust you, its the OCD that doesn't. It changes you're perception.

Everything makes sense in theory.

I carry on adding muscle, and stay the same body fat percentage because the muscle to fat gain ration will be allot higher on the muscle side.

The difficulty doesn't come in understanding that b=process, its just in believing it.

And as I said, while I do believe it, and I believe you guys, the OCD's just making me question everything to the point where I feel I don't.

Quote:
you'll still have all the psychological crud to deal with but it looks like you're going to be dealing with that as well...any idea when you get to see the therapist?
Next month.
LindenGarcia18 is online now   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook