Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 08-23-2013, 09:24 AM   #11
AdamNC
AdamNC
has no status.
Brawn
Points: 1,194, Level: 18 Points: 1,194, Level: 18 Points: 1,194, Level: 18
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: On and off since H/S
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
My Mood: Happy
AdamNC is a consistent contributorAdamNC is a consistent contributorAdamNC is a consistent contributorAdamNC is a consistent contributorAdamNC is a consistent contributorAdamNC is a consistent contributorAdamNC is a consistent contributorAdamNC is a consistent contributorAdamNC is a consistent contributorAdamNC is a consistent contributorAdamNC is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryano View Post
Don't know about bodybuilding, but you're no where near your prime for Powerlifting.
When I say bodybuilding, don't mean competing or anything. I don't care about being super ripped, I just want a thick, solid build, and a decent level of strength; so I can actually fill out my clothes, and not look like a "walking clothes hanger", as I was once told. I'm not a tall guy (5'7), so I always figured 175-180lbs would make me look decent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post
First picture: 29.
Second picture: 51

I want my hair back!
Well that's encouraging
AdamNC is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-2013, 01:44 PM   #12
Ryano
Ryano
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 5,353, Level: 47 Points: 5,353, Level: 47 Points: 5,353, Level: 47
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 30
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Benchpress
Fav Supp: Buttweiser
Ryano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master member

At 29 you have many years of muscle building in you. Start lifting consistently, eat and sleep right and the mass will come. It's not easy but nothing in life worth having comes easy.

Share with Facebook
Old 08-23-2013, 02:03 PM   #13
Dray
Dray
is in ur base building
Max Brawn
Points: 6,987, Level: 55 Points: 6,987, Level: 55 Points: 6,987, Level: 55
Activity: 60% Activity: 60% Activity: 60%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Supp: wpc
Dray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master member

Well now, I'm running with the conviction that 37 (with no lifting or even sports background) wasn't too late to start!

So 29 had darn well better be alright, lol.

Share with Facebook
Old 08-23-2013, 02:12 PM   #14
5kgLifter
5kgLifter
loves teddy bears...
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

40 used to be the age when people were considered to be over the hill; we still see people building muscle at 70y/o and above and yet those in their late 20's seem to worry more...

Of course, age doesn't really matter, you can see those in their late teens that haven't built any muscle because they have no idea how to go about it even though they have lots of testosterone (guys at least) and just have to lift, eat and rest.

Oh, and no, it's not too late.

Share with Facebook
Old 08-23-2013, 02:41 PM   #15
Ryano
Ryano
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 5,353, Level: 47 Points: 5,353, Level: 47 Points: 5,353, Level: 47
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 30
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Benchpress
Fav Supp: Buttweiser
Ryano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master member

I'm 58 next month....I expect to be stronger next month than I am now.

3 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Old 08-23-2013, 03:05 PM   #16
jiorio95
jiorio95
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 4,224, Level: 41 Points: 4,224, Level: 41 Points: 4,224, Level: 41
Activity: 37% Activity: 37% Activity: 37%

Fav Exercise: Squat
My Mood: Mellow
jiorio95 is a lifting beastjiorio95 is a lifting beastjiorio95 is a lifting beastjiorio95 is a lifting beastjiorio95 is a lifting beastjiorio95 is a lifting beastjiorio95 is a lifting beastjiorio95 is a lifting beastjiorio95 is a lifting beastjiorio95 is a lifting beastjiorio95 is a lifting beast

You are very close to the exact position I was in when I was your age. When I was 29, I was 5'7" and around 135. Always putzed around in the gym on and off for years after high school and college with varying degrees of minimal success. I was convinced I was a "hardgainer" and couldn't be more muscular because of genetics.

What a bunch of BS that was. I found this place, I started benching, squatting, dead lifting and pressing every week. I ate a lot more food and I increased my weights every week. I've gained more than 40lbs in 2 years, and most of it is muscle.

These guys have it right. You don't need to be in the gym with some crazy program. You just need to show up every week and lift more than the week before then go eat your food and rest. It is that simple and I guarantee if you do the scale will move.
jiorio95 is offline   Reply With Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Old 08-23-2013, 08:42 PM   #17
AdamNC
AdamNC
has no status.
Brawn

AdamNC is a consistent contributorAdamNC is a consistent contributorAdamNC is a consistent contributorAdamNC is a consistent contributorAdamNC is a consistent contributorAdamNC is a consistent contributorAdamNC is a consistent contributorAdamNC is a consistent contributorAdamNC is a consistent contributorAdamNC is a consistent contributorAdamNC is a consistent contributor

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I feel alot more positive about my possibilities in lifting. I think the biggest thing is that I need to stop comparing myself to other people.

I'm presently finishing up my graduate degree, so I live in a college town; and it seems like every other guy here is built and in thier early twenties. I began to think that if "it" hadn't happend by now, it never would.

I just gotta figure out how to eat more

2 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Old 08-23-2013, 09:30 PM   #18
jiorio95
jiorio95
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 4,224, Level: 41 Points: 4,224, Level: 41 Points: 4,224, Level: 41
Activity: 37% Activity: 37% Activity: 37%

My Mood: Mellow
jiorio95 is a lifting beastjiorio95 is a lifting beastjiorio95 is a lifting beastjiorio95 is a lifting beastjiorio95 is a lifting beastjiorio95 is a lifting beastjiorio95 is a lifting beastjiorio95 is a lifting beastjiorio95 is a lifting beastjiorio95 is a lifting beastjiorio95 is a lifting beast

Eating more is easier than you think, especially if you like dairy. Let us know any questions you have!
jiorio95 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 08-24-2013, 10:08 PM   #19
AdamNC
AdamNC
has no status.
Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiorio95 View Post
Eating more is easier than you think, especially if you like dairy. Let us know any questions you have!
I've been trying to eat more. It has helped, but I am curious about some of the foods you, and others, have found that have helped put on weight.

Based on calorie intake calculators, many indicate that I need to eat nearly 3k calories. It just seems difficult to get it all in around life.

Share with Facebook
Old 08-24-2013, 10:22 PM   #20
skids
skids
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 3,612, Level: 37 Points: 3,612, Level: 37 Points: 3,612, Level: 37
Activity: 29% Activity: 29% Activity: 29%

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Meat, Milk,
My Mood: Sleepy
skids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beast

Gidday mate

BTB did a good video on how to increase your calories.

Off the top of my head, Whole milk goes a long way, real Cheese on everything, Protein shakes with some heavy cream and peanut butter in them, something like that anyhow. You should look it up.
skids is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook