Uber Brawn
Points: 1,621, Level: 23 Points: 1,621, Level: 23 Points: 1,621, Level: 23
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 1½ yrs
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: squat
Fav Supp: creatine, beta-alanine
My Mood: Lurking
mohiz is a dedicated contributormohiz is a dedicated contributormohiz is a dedicated contributormohiz is a dedicated contributormohiz is a dedicated contributormohiz is a dedicated contributormohiz is a dedicated contributormohiz is a dedicated contributormohiz is a dedicated contributormohiz is a dedicated contributormohiz is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TobesLCFC View Post
Nice back, no homo
It's just the lighting and shadow play

***Current goals***
- Get to <10% BF
mohiz is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2013, 06:56 AM   #102
mohiz
mohiz
is cutting
Uber Brawn

mohiz is a dedicated contributormohiz is a dedicated contributormohiz is a dedicated contributormohiz is a dedicated contributormohiz is a dedicated contributormohiz is a dedicated contributormohiz is a dedicated contributormohiz is a dedicated contributormohiz is a dedicated contributormohiz is a dedicated contributormohiz is a dedicated contributor

Friday 25.10.2013

Squat - 162.5 kg x 5 x 2, 145 x 5 x 3 - Very hard. Close to failure in the second heavy set, so I chose to live to fight another day. Based on how heavy the 145 felt after that, it was the right call.
Bench - 87.5 kg x 5 x 5 - Very hard.
Cheat Row - 155 kg x 5 x 5 - Very hard.

Chins - 2.5 kg x 5 x 3 - Hard.
Good Mornings - 110 kg x 10 x 2 - Easy.
Shrugs 160 kg x 8 x 3 - Hard. Had to do later than usual so that's why.
Crunches - 16.25 kg x 10 x 3 - Hard.

It seems I'm reaching the limits of linear progression on 5x5's in the pressing exercises. That's why it's good I'm switching to doing them both twice a week, with the other session being light. I'm sure I can milk more progression that way.

On a non-training related note, I had to put my dog to sleep yesterday. He was suffering from severe arthritis in his hips and was miserable. He was 13½ years old. I've been crying the whole week and I have lost my appetite, but I know it's not gonna make things any better if I skip my meals.

I have truly lost my best friend. Physically none of us can live forever, but all his love and memories with him will remain forever carved in my heart. The important thing is that what he stood for is perpetual. Sleep peacefully, my dear companion.

***Current goals***
- Get to <10% BF

Share with Facebook
Old 10-25-2013, 07:18 AM   #103
Carl1174
Carl1174
is trying to take the first step in a long road back...
Max Brawn
Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77
Activity: 43% Activity: 43% Activity: 43%

Training Exp: 3-4 years
Training Type: Fullbody
My Mood: Bashful
Carl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machine

New program looks rock solid mate. Great work in here... Sorry to hear about your dog, it sucks, but the memories will live on
Carl1174 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Old 10-25-2013, 04:32 PM   #104
TobesLCFC
TobesLCFC
cutting
Max Brawn
Points: 2,065, Level: 27 Points: 2,065, Level: 27 Points: 2,065, Level: 27
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 2
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Greek Yoghurt with honey
TobesLCFC is a dedicated contributorTobesLCFC is a dedicated contributorTobesLCFC is a dedicated contributorTobesLCFC is a dedicated contributorTobesLCFC is a dedicated contributorTobesLCFC is a dedicated contributorTobesLCFC is a dedicated contributorTobesLCFC is a dedicated contributorTobesLCFC is a dedicated contributorTobesLCFC is a dedicated contributorTobesLCFC is a dedicated contributor

Sad times. Sorry for your loss. Phil Heath managed to win an Olympia when his wife had cancer so I'm sure things will go well for you.

"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." – Socrates

"I never saved anything for the swim back."

"Compound exercises, kids! Compound exercises!"
TobesLCFC is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 10-26-2013, 04:55 AM   #105
mohiz
mohiz
is cutting
Uber Brawn

Saturday 26.10.2013

DL - 175 kg x 5 - Hard. PR! This is the same weight that wouldn't even move on Wednesday, so I didn't expect to be able to do it. Grip was problematic, but it'll be a week before I need to pull again!
Press - 63.75 kg x 5 x 5 - Hard. PR!

CGBP - 76.25 kg x 8 x 3 - Medium. PR!
BB Curl - 42.5 kg x 8 x 3 - Hard.
BB Hold - 87.5 kg x 30 s x 3 - Medium. PR.

First Saturday workout! Felt crazy powerful not having depleted all my stamina on squats. Just banging PR after PR after PR felt great for a change. I'm gonna start marking more accurately which results are PRs, even if I make several ones in a row. Thank God for training, it keeps me on an even keel during these tough times.

This bodes well for my own made program! I will thus forth do light bench and OH pressing on Monday and Wednesday, with Friday and Saturday being the heavy pressing days. With the assistance I will stick to vanilla linear progression for now, which means it will be slightly more aggressive than before in terms of progression (2x/week instead of 1.5).

The only thing I haven't decided yet is what shall the light pressing workouts' rep scheme be like. I know for sure that 5x5 with 85%-90% of the heavy day would work, but I'd much rather do 3x10 or something to maybe build some size. Would that hinder my heavy days' progression? Should I just bite the bullet and try it out?

***Current goals***
- Get to <10% BF

Last edited by mohiz; 10-26-2013 at 05:13 AM.

Share with Facebook
Old 10-26-2013, 05:02 AM   #106
Carl1174
Carl1174
is trying to take the first step in a long road back...
Max Brawn
Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77
Activity: 43% Activity: 43% Activity: 43%

Training Exp: 3-4 years
My Mood: Bashful
Carl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohiz View Post
The only thing I haven't decided yet is what shall the light pressing workouts' rep scheme be like. I know for sure that 5x5 with 85%-90% of the heavy day would work, but I'd much rather do 3x10 or something to maybe build some size. Would that hinder my heavy days' progression? Should I just bite the bullet and try it out?
Personally if I am working heavy then I go for lower reps, if I am working lighter then i would go for higher reps, thats just me though... When it comes to building some size then I dont think the actual amount of reps is that important (as long as you are sensible, I wouldnt do singles or anything over 20 reps, but thats just me) it is more important that you are training to near failure at the end of each set.. if that means 8 reps then use a weight where rep 9 would be unmanageable, but you can get rep 8 - just!... if its a weight where you can do 10 reps then no. 11 should be failure, etc etc...

just my 2p worth mate.
Carl1174 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 10-26-2013, 06:13 AM   #107
OHDL
OHDL
Wants more milk!
Max Brawn
Points: 4,541, Level: 42 Points: 4,541, Level: 42 Points: 4,541, Level: 42
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Fav Exercise: Skwattzz
Fav Supp: Milk
My Mood: Tired
OHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beast

Strong work man ! Sorry about your dog, I would be lost without mine!

"Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way."

- Christopher Hitchens
OHDL is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 10-26-2013, 09:51 AM   #108
TobesLCFC
TobesLCFC
cutting
Max Brawn

TobesLCFC is a dedicated contributorTobesLCFC is a dedicated contributorTobesLCFC is a dedicated contributorTobesLCFC is a dedicated contributorTobesLCFC is a dedicated contributorTobesLCFC is a dedicated contributorTobesLCFC is a dedicated contributorTobesLCFC is a dedicated contributorTobesLCFC is a dedicated contributorTobesLCFC is a dedicated contributorTobesLCFC is a dedicated contributor

For the light day , you could do OHP 3x5 100 per cent of what you can normally do or heavy incline benches at 5x5 might work. You could do a sort of speed day as well. Good work as usual.

"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." – Socrates

Share with Facebook
Old 10-26-2013, 11:53 AM   #109
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,552,371, Level: 100 Points: 1,552,371, Level: 100 Points: 1,552,371, Level: 100
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Congrats on the Prs.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 10-28-2013, 03:30 AM   #110
TobesLCFC
TobesLCFC
cutting
Max Brawn

Good squatting again

Share with Facebook